How should you go about improving your gig to get your first sale?

designplant

Hi Guys, I have been on Fiverr for a couple of days now receiving a lot of impressions when looking at my gig’s stats but my clicks and views are barely a 10th of that. Do you guys have any advice for me, as well as other sellers, to start getting orders? I have also tried buyer requests but there never seems to be any requests available? Is there anything I can do to improve my gig or even something I can do to improve my portfolio? Thanks in advance!

Here is a link to my gig for logo designing: https://www.fiverr.com/designplant

First of all, the 12 hour thing is cool, but remember that if you end up getting a lot of them at once it’s gonna be hard to deliver them ALL in 12 hours, unless you take significantly less time in making each of them. I’m guessing you’re gonna get rid of that when you get more popular though, but for now:

I’m a new seller on fiverr, but I got my first gig because I applied for a LOT of buyer’s requests. If you have the app, it’s the easiest to find those. They’re basically people (if you didn’t know LOL) that post what they want, and you can send them an offer for it. You don’t need to change anything about your gig at the moment (except for maybe sharing it more on social media), but you need to get your work out there more by directly APPLYING to people rather than waiting on them.

I hope this helped if you didn’t know what it was. I got a request on the first day I joined because I wasn’t getting any traffic, and I just applied to like 20 different offers.

I ALSO hope it works out for you, cos fiverr’s gonna be great when you start getting offers!

-Nancy

Hi Nancy, Thanks for the quick reply!! I am currently busy setting up a nice Facebook & LinkedIn portfolio to get more potential clients. Hopefully it works 🙂

After posting on the forum I found a cool post where the guy says you should stay online as long as possible as this will let buyer requests show up. I tried it and it does really work you just have to be patient enough for people to post their requests.

As for the twelve-hour thing, I don’t think we as new sellers have much of choice. It seems you really need something different to let your gig stand out otherwise it just fades into the clutter of other gigs.

As for my profile picture do you think I should use a picture of myself or rather my business logo?

Archived