Fiverr Community Forum

How to add a work sample with my gig? [ARCHIVED]

hi i am new to fiverr, i am just starting out, will somebody please help me on how to provide work sample with my gig? i have not done single gig yet so is the option going to be available after i complete a few? my gig is about making a slide show of the photographs with transition effects etc. please help!

2 Likes

I keep 1 JPEG screenshot of my gig. When you DELIVER your gig, deliver what you promised and then include that screenshot in your delivery. Something will pop up on the right hand side and will ask if you want to turn on work sample. You choose yes and there you go. Once the order is complete, the work sample shows up on your gig.

2 Likes

ok thank you very much for your co operation :slight_smile:

Hi; Thanks for the tips. I’m just about to post my first gig. Is there a way to include an example of similar prior work? It’s content writing, so I don’t think a tiny image would be readable…

cheers,

Don

Hello! I have just sold one gig, and I missed that pop up on the right hand side to add a work sample. Can I add that after I sold the gig?

Reply to @nikadesign: You can turn on your live portfolio at any time. If you go to “my gigs” and click on the gear symbol beside the gig, there will be a check box at the very bottom of the drop down menu for “turn live portfolio on”. If you check this, it will turn it on. However I’m pretty sure that your previous works will not show up - only future deliveries.

If you have multiple photos delivered with your gig, make sure that you pick your favorite one to go in your portfolio!

1 Like

Reply to @babybear613: I can’t click “turn live portfolio on” button.

What wrong with me and what should i do ?

@makalo_be Are you looking in the correct spot? When you click the toolbox symbol, the little gear, over to the right side of all the analytic numbers for your gig, you should see these options: EDIT, SUSPEND, ADD VIDEO, DELETE, PREVIEW, then a line, under which is a box you can check next to the words LIVE PORTFOLIO ON. If you didn’t send any graphic files when you “delivered” your order, perhaps the option isn’t live for you because you didn’t send anything that can show up as a work sample. So the next time you send an order, be sure to also send a graphic demonstrating your work, such as a screenshot (as mentioned in the original thread). As you get ready to “deliver” to your customer, you will see the option to turn on Live Portfolio again. If you’re not seeing these options, then perhaps there is a problem with your browser’s compatibility with Fiverr, in which case try using a different browser or make sure yours is up-to-date.

Reply to @celticmoon: I have all 4 gigs and 3 gigs that have order of buyer it can’t turn live portfolio on but the 1 gig that haven’t order of buyer it can turn live portfolio on. I try to change browser. But it shows the same results? because?? Please teach me how.

Reply to @celticmoon: I have all 4 gigs and 3 gigs that have order of buyer it can’t turn live portfolio on but the 1 gig that haven’t order of buyer it can turn live portfolio on. I try to change browser. But it shows the same results.because?? Please teach me how.

@makalo_be That is really strange; I’m afraid I don’t know the answer. When you delivered orders for those 3 gigs, can you remember seeing a space next to the file names you uploaded to send to your buyer (for example: picture 1 dot jpeg, picture 2 dot jpeg) that asked if you wanted to turn Live Portfolio on? I’ve always seen this reminder the first time I delivered an order for each gig. Later I discovered the other option of using the method I described to you. After the first order, I wasn’t asked if I wanted to turn Live Portfolio on (because it was now turned on), and thumbnails of the files I was sending showed in that space next to the file names. If you never were asked to turn on the Portfolio, and you can’t turn it on under the gigs page toolbox, then grab some screenshots to show that you aren’t being asked to turn on the Portfolio, and that you can’t turn it on from the gigs page, file a ticket with customer support, and send those screenshots.

@jimbob7 I’m not sure what sellers of writing gigs do to show work samples. I guess keeping in mind that the pictures (up to 3) posted with our gigs will get compressed, try capturing screenshots of a small amount of your writing to post. We are allowed to direct customers to a couple off-Fiverr sites so you can post work that can be viewed by potential buyers, but other than YouTube, I’m not sure what the other 2 sites are. You can do a search on the forums (look for posts from @kjblynx as she has mentioned this before, and she is a knowledgeable member on Fiverr) or you can contact customer support. Since you just have a question, try writing directly to support@fiverr.com. (Usually we need to fill in a form for technical problems or issues related to orders.)

Reply to @mrspanda: I already checked if LIVE PORTFOLIO is on for my particular gig- which it is. I go to deliver but the usual preview to choose which image will be the sample work isn’t showing up. :frowning:

I have finished some work recently. But no option for me when I summit work. I want to add a portfolio on my Gig. What can I do?

You need to make sure that you have checked “Live Portfolio” on your Gig. And even then it’s your customer that determines whether they allow you to display your work in your Portfolio

shamimeher said: hi i am new to fiverr, i am just starting out, will somebody please help me on how to provide work sample with my gig? i have not done single gig yet so is the option going to be available after i complete a few? my gig is about making a slide show of the photographs with transition effects etc. please help!
Why is this a duplicate post of the original, with a different user name from February 2013?

hi i am new to fiverr, i am just starting out, will somebody please help me on how to provide work sample with my gig? i have not done single gig yet so is the option going to be available after i complete a few? my gig is about making a slide show of the photographs with transition effects etc. please help! - See more at:

hi how i fill a gig title any one tell me plz thnks

Hello, I need to provide a writing sample. I am new so without any feedback. What should I do? How can I provide a sample ( a small one) ?

I m not want to show my work on my portfilo.

The .pdf slot that shows for writing gigs (in the gig image slots) is a great place for writing samples. Look at the writing gigs of other successful sellers, especially TRS and high rates. You’ll see a variety of ways to include samples without having to have an established previous portfolio. I suggest writing some pieces specifically for this so you won’t have to get a buyer’s permission to use them.