How to (and how not to) cancel a gig

anarchofighter

If you want to cancel, first, don’t put it on the seller to do the work. use the “Got problems” link and request the cancellation. In the text box, say something like. "Thanks for offering your material on Fiverr. I appreciate your effort and I don’t think it’s what I need this time. I’m requesting a cancellation of this gig though Fiverr. Thank you."

Here’s how NOT to “try” to cancel a gig.

There’s “this” problem with your gig

This problem with your gig.

It’s crap

You suck

…please cancel.

LOL

Look, someone ALREADY did work for you. They did it with good faith. What you “think” of them is “none of their business” and if it is at all, a) get permission and b) be constructive.

By the way, …any guess if I just had a Fraglesrock make me work to return his money after ripping me up and down?

Oh man. I had a chick take about 10 photos of me with her website, then say she is not satisfied and cancel the gig…she got EXACTLY what she ordered. Watch out for the sneaky buyers.

plusvn said:
y

I'm waiting the reply from buyer after i'm

Don't be worried! :) I rarely get replies. All that matters is they confirm the gig, but it can take weeks. If you're feeling nervous leave a happy message like "is this good?" If they ask you to do it again,you'll skip a bad review. :)

Guest tn5rr2012

If I have gigs I have to cancel for no compliance submission of family information for their family tree then I wait until I have several completed gigs, I deliver 2 gigs for every 1 I have to cxl…

• 1 year later...

I get nothing when I put in “how do I cancel a gig” in the search box. I have a gig for traffic that was great for the first couple of days and then nothing from that point on, now the resolution center says I have to work with sell who will not respond to the last 5 emails over the last 6 days, what else can I do to cancel this and get my money back, I am obviously not the only one

If some seller tells you after more than a week of silence and despite a very good description of the gig he did not really understand and he wants to cancel the order can I still rate him? I feel the community should also get to know how a seller communicates. I think I cannot rate him once I agree to a cancellation.

Reply to @kuma2626: You can not rate an order that you did not pay for/ that was not delivered. If you accept the cancellation, you can not rate it. On the other hand, you will not be able to rate it if you refuse cancellation because the seller did not deliver, so no matter what, you can not leave a rating, nor should you be able to. Many sellers are busy and do not get the chance to really start working on a project until close to the deadline. I’m not saying it’s your fault, but you probably requested something that was different than the normal offering. Sellers do not cancel out of the blue. In the future, I would recommend messaging a seller first just to make sure they can complete the task so a similar situation does not arise. As a seller, I have had to cancel last minute as I did not get a chance to look at it beforehand, and sometimes buyers request things that I can not do.

• 5 months later...

I have a situation where I sent a message with a seller with a list of detail requirements. Then the seller replied with a short message saying yes. So I ordered. Nothing happened until about 1 day before deadline. He wrote me to add extra to the gig and said he told me so. Of course everything was on black and white. He said sorry and would do the work. Then the deadline passed, he sent me an email saying something was wrong with his Internet for a day (which not sure how that affected his gig). He could not deliver and liked to cancel the gig. I asked him as least to show me what he had so far and let me decide if I would wait or cancel. Of course, no reply from him.

I have ordered from a few sellers with okay to good experience. All gigs were completed though. However, this one seems to bail without any good reason. I don’t mind cancel but I just don’t think situation like this should not be made known to other buyers.

What can be done here? I have never canceled so far. The system seems to say cancel is automatic if I don’t reply. If I refuse, then what will happen? I don’t want to waste my time to deal with seller like this. However, I don’t want some bad apples on this platform.

Archived