Ready to succeed as a Fiverr seller? Here are my tips to set your account up for success:
- Short Gig Title
Clear and concise titles perform better. It’s difficult to fully convey the value of your Gig in just a few words, so you might test out a couple variations to see which ones generate more interest. When in doubt between two words, use the Google Keyword Planner to see which one is searched more.
- Detailed Gig Description
This is your opportunity to sell your services and let customers know why they should do business with you. If you’re getting a lot of questions asking for clarification or details, your description probably isn’t doing its job.
Descriptions are limited to 1,200 characters so you have to be concise. Fiverr does allow you some freedom in formatting with font weight, larger font sizes, lists, and text highlighting. Take advantage of these features to enhance your description.
- Video and Images
Fiverr has released the statistic that Gigs with a video description sell 220% more than those without. Because of that, consider a video a requirement.
If you don’t have a video, you should take advantage of all three image slots with high-resolution descriptive pictures of what you offer. Make sure the dimensions fit 682 x 459 pixels.
- Targeted Extras
Gig Extras are where Fiverr gets interesting. The more you level up, the more opportunity you have to add more and higher cost Extras. You can change these Extras and their pricing at any time, so there’s no harm in testing different offers to see what might work best for your buyers.
- Ask for Feedback
Given that most people won’t leave feedback unless prompted, try adding a postscript to each of your delivery templates asking buyers to leave a “thumbs up” if they found the Gig valuable. With that in place, nearly 80 percent of my customers have left a positive rating. The other 20 percent didn’t leave a “thumbs down” — they just neglected to enter a rating at all.
- Offer a Guarantee
I include a 100 percent money back guarantee on my Gigs. I’ve only had to implement it once so far, when a buyer was not happy with my site review. After he gave me a “thumbs down,” I offered to cancel the order. When he accepted the cancellation, he was refunded and the negative rating disappeared. Be careful, however. Cancellation stats are publicly visible and can be a red flag both to buyers and sellers.
The Three Golden Rules of Gig Success - By Fiverr
To understand what Fiverr is (and is not) looking for when approving Gigs, all you need to do is to follow these three simple steps:
- Be Respectful
Fiverr completely supports your efforts to make money by doing what you love. We want you to achieve all your goals but we do need to maintain our community as the warm, welcoming, and fun place it is.
- Be True
Graphics are crucial to attracting buyers; provide a valuable visual representation of your Gigs. Here are some tips to keep you successful.
Get a tailor made image for your Gig. You can always order a custom made image from your fellow sellers’ right here on Fiverr. Just make sure that the seller you buy it from owns the copyright to it and that you are free to use it. If you are for example a programmer, writer or if you offer a Gig that isn’t a physical product, this may be the best solution for you.
Stay honest. If you’re a designer, photographer, illustrator or a video editor you should only be showing your own work. If you use a stock image, a random photo from the Internet or an image that you bought from a different seller, you may end up misleading buyers. This of course not only leads to negative reviews from buyers, but the attention of our editors.
Own your work. Selling and using templates that you don’t own the rights to use for sale is something we always look out for. Stock images, premium templates, clipart, logos, vectors, icons, images bought from other sellers, and other images available on the Internet that may be free to use, are not always free to resell. Always be aware of any templates used, their original copyrights and how you can use them.
- Be Professional
Building a strong relationship with buyers is the best strategy in establishing not only a fantastic reputation for you and your Gigs, but creating a steady income. We put a lot of time and effort bringing new buyers to Fiverr. Once they’re here, the Gigs you and other sellers provide will determine not only how much they spend, but whether they ever come back.
Source - Fiverr Blog