How to become a TRS

celinedesigns

Here are some key points I received:

"they are hand-picked by our content editors. Our editors are always on the lookout for Top Rated Sellers, but they are picky. They're literally looking for the full package, highly original sellers who:

-Have a very high volume of sales

-Provide unique and high quality services

-Are extremely professional in delivery and communication with buyers

-Present their Gigs very well - including high quality images and videos "

The following is my experience with them on this topic:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spyrosjevan

The answer to why its clear i think. It’s just like you go to google and ask them “how can i be first for every keyword? What is the secret.” There is no point to try drag the answer from them.

From what I have read, I think to get a TRS status today is different from the past. As Fiverr grew and changed, so did the criteria for TRS.

I really don’t think the editors have a specific target involved (i.e. number of sales, positive reviews, etc). I get the impression that it is like a review panel. They take a look and if you meet their subjective criteria you are in. Whatever that subjective criteria may be seems to vary over time, from category to category, etc.

As a level 2 seller, if it was just based on sales, reviews, response time, etc, than I would be in. My criteria in those areas are better than some current TSRs, however, it isn’t based on that criteria in itself.

It’s kind of like politics.

celinedesigns said: I'm also curious what other TRS were making just before they were promoted to TRS status. Why be so vague and secretive about the whole thing? Just give us all a figure and a goal to work towards, not vague made up terms. So all you TRS out there, let me know what the figure is! How much $$ were you earning a month before you got promoted.

There's a totally valid reason to be "secretive" ...because TRS is not an "earnable" designation. It's an HONORARY designation.

Unlike joining the "Levels Club" this isn't something that's automatic.

With levels, you know what you must do and barring a few "technical points" if you meet those clearly understood minimum requirements you level up.

With TRS...it's a selection process not an awarded process.

Now, regarding the rest of your rant. It doesn't matter what most TRSs did when they were first tapped and raised.

Why?

Because what a TRS can DO now is different.

Heck, Level 1's can do an sell more than many of us could when we started and in some cases when we had reached TRS. (Not me, like you I had to wait a lot longer because by the time I wanted to be TRS you could sell a single gig extra for a lot of money)

Since I've become a TRS, a TRS could sell something over over $8,000.

With greater opportunity comes rationally a more stringent selection process.

AND, it's going to be a process that changes.

Being clear at any point in time would only become a confusion later.

For example, take Level 1

When I started, 10 sales on day one could make you level up.

Today, 10 sales on day one would still require you wait 30 more days! LOL

I don't know why it changed, (Though I have a guess) ...the point is, that it changed. And that, for a while, there were lots of complaints about it by people who "learned" the old system and saw the change before they had 10 sales or a month in.

Now let me turn the question around... why do YOU want to be a TRS? What do you want to do with the title?

To be honest I think the whole system is a joke for TRS. It’s biased and not fair at all. I’m looking at a recent TRS on fiverr right now, who has very little ratings although his sales would be higher, I doubt they would be that much higher, maybe ~200 more? Right now I could bet you I have nearly if not more sales then him. So from what I understand now they want volume per month, well fiverr has never featured my gig? His has, because I’ve seen it before he was even TRS. Guess what being featured = more sales.

I want to be a TRS because I believe I deserve it. I’m putting way to much effort and value into my gigs and not getting recognized for it. It sucks. I’m a graphic designer where in the real world I charge $300+ for a logo, here? You can get one from me for $5. I could go on for hours how much I am underpaying everyone who buys from me, but I won’t.

My sales were increasing by the hundreds each month, only getting higher. But now I’m over it. If fiverr doesn’t want to recognize me then sure - whatever. I’ll take my services elsewhere. Never will you find another graphic designer with such quality as me on fiverr (wow that sounds up my self, but it’s true). Fiverr is not a place for quality graphic designers.

A big shout out to all the other designers out there, feel free to use fiverr as some practice and small cash but: “I know $5 adds up, but you could charge say $250 for one logo job instead of $5 for 50 jobs. You would be less overworked, make more money, not cheapen a professional industry, and refine your design skills in the process.”

anarchofighter said: I took a look CelineDesigns, and I'm confident enough to say you don't deserve TRS.

That's what I was thinking the other day. Did not want to say it though 0_o Not nearly enough sales (in my opinion) and the negative feedback of course (I have no idea if you had the same idea as me when you said that). I think a TRS nowadays needs at least a thousand coming in a month, perhaps more.

ryangillam said:
anarchofighter said: I took a look CelineDesigns, and I'm confident enough to say you don't deserve TRS.

That's what I was thinking the other day. Did not want to say it though 0_o Not nearly enough sales (in my opinion) and the negative feedback of course (I have no idea if you had the same idea as me when you said that).

I agree, but on the statement:

celinedesigns said: To be honest I think the whole system is a joke for TRS.

If you wanted to learn how to become a TRS it would help by being respectful and humble. Fiverr administrators are regulars in the forum, and make statements like that isn't going to make them consider you for TRS. Professionalism is everything in business.

whitehatseo10 said: Maybe the most imporant factor is the money you did on Fiverr!
I agree, and I'd also add they they probably want sellers who's gigs can't be seen or interpreted as violating any third party site's TOS or anything else they've been known to police against when the mood strikes.

They probably prefer money makers that they can promote without running the risk of getting in trouble - use them as an advertisement for how much sellers can earn here without raising any eyebrows.

Reply to @celinedesigns: I agree with madmoo that how you handle customers counts for something. Honestly, I think you’re just incredibly frustrated with this place. You spend a lot of hours for not a lot of reward. And when you ask for something of potential value in return, you’re met with even more frustration.

Life just isn’t always fair - hard-work often times gets punished instead of rewarded. Look at some of the TRSs (only some of them; there are plenty of good, deserving people as TRSs!) they are shysters who get paid fat stacks by other shysters, a lot of their ‘effort’ is performed by software that tricks or cheats people, or they’re re-selling someone else’s work poorly repackaged.*

What I’m saying is that Fiverr’s success relies on people looking to get rich by spending as little money and effort as possible - buyers and sellers. And soon cam chicks will add abundantly to the coffers too. That’s how it works. If what you offer here is time-consuming for you or has inherent ‘subjective’ elements, you may want to consider seriously tightening up what you offer so there isn’t such a margin for ‘error’, or offer something entirely different that you know will sell with ease, if total sales are your priority.

In any case, I think you need to take a little break. Being a TRS or even selling here at all isn’t worth doing yourself harm with constant anger, frustration and disappointment.

I’m really not saying you should start selling social media bot fans or ebooks copied from some old paper marketing textbook, or to start using your boobs for billboards, but really, you just can’t look at this as a place to gain recognition, earn a living wage or as a workshop for perfecting your craft. That’s just not how it works or was ever intended to be. You can’t get blood from a stone, and you’ll make yourself nuts if you try.

*There are exceptions to the dire Fiverr model! madmoo is a sterling example of a TRS (and super-seller). She offers unique products with very few variables per gig, and her process is streamlined to maximize the time/money ROI. Her gigs are also suitable for business or personal use. And from everything I’ve seen, very high-quality. Selling real, good, products and services can be done here, but you truly have to make sure that it is opinion/jerk proof and that your methods are simple and smooth. Of course, it probably helps if you were here before it got insanely crowded. 😉

K, I’m done now. I just hate to see people feel bad when they’re hit in the face with what walks, talks, acts and smells like injustice. Chin up, celinedesigns!

Hi guys… I was looking your account and I see you are 11 months here… You have 300-400 sales, which means it’s 30-35 a month… I don’t see why would you get the TRS badge… If everyone, even slightly better than you, can get it-then what’s the point? I am almost 3 months here and I already have 150+ sales…50+ a month and going up… Got 1-2 negative comments but I am working hard in order to keep my customers satisfied. If I continue to work like this, for 8 months I will exceed your sale at least double… I also know some other sellers who are probably better than you at these parameters, so you should continue to work hard and wait or just quit… Cheers! 😉

celinedesigns said:

Reply to @ryangillam: I don't 'deserve' TRS? Why because I'm bagging out fiverr? Strange how as soon as I stated my honest opinion - everyone rushes in saying how I'm in the wrong. This is a public forum I'm simply giving you guys my opinion. You say I don't deserve TRS, I think you are using the wrong word there. And Ryan I have 100% positive rating, pretty sure 1 unavoidable negative is okay.

Actually, the reason why you don't deserve it right now is because your sales are quite low...

The reason why nobody could give you a straight answer was because there is no straight answer. I think one of the main points was that your level of sales is nowhere near that of a TRS at the moment. I do not see how you could possibly get insulted at that. People offered you advice.

Also, nobody typed at all in the ‘text’ speak that you mentioned. I am guessing you do not take criticism well, right?

I managed to juggle university with Fiverr a couple of years back. Nowadays I just run alongside my offline business though. Difficult, but manageable.

Archived