How to cheat the system

Hi! I’ve been worrying about a sale, a large sale in particular. I gave the buyer 2 revisions with the offer and the sale is finally coming to an end. (Tomorrow around 7 or 8 am.) Can the buyer cheat the system by requesting a revision right before then, waiting for the time to expire, and then marking the sale as late?

The buyer seems like a nice guy and I don’t think he would do that-but it’s the internet. How well does Fiverr protect sellers? Would it even be possible to do something like this?

Please help! Thanks in advance!
~Nic

You send in your revisions. This stops the timer … Dont look at the timer displayed in the main To-Do list… Look at the timer displayed within the order. That timer should stop once you deliver his modifications.

Lets say the order has 5 hours left and you sent in those 2 revisions. This would pause the order timer. You may see another timer for that order on the main to-do list still ticking down. Or It may say “late”. That doesnt seem to matter. If the client rejects the order for another revision , even after the 5 hours passes , it should give you another 24h to complete the order. To be safe , if I’m able to , I’ll send in an order right before it goes late to ensure I get a full 24h for any request revisions if the client happens to be waiting for it like a hawk…

nothing worse than going to sleep and the timer not resetting to 24h and only giving you a few hours… THEN it goes late… I’m not sure what determines whether or not 24h is given to you or not … its a valid problem though.

Wait till the timer says 1hr left … turn it in … hope nothing happens for 1hr … to to sleep… Tomorrow you’ll wake up with a completed order and $$ earned… Or a revision request and 24h to do it.

Good luck.

Okay, so if I understand right, if I send him and order and he rejects it past the due date, I get an extra 24h? Then what happens if he requests a revision with still 15 mins left on the clock and I’m not online? Will it go late and cancel?

Thank you so much!

Lets say the order is due by 10pm.
Or lets say the timer is due in 2hrs from now…

If you send that delivery, and 3 hours pass (it’s now after the said delivery time)…
The buyer can reject the order for modifications and it gives you a 24h timer.
Because it went past the delivery time in the first place…
The timer may say late on your To-Do screen… It should display the current new 24h (hidden) timer on the actual order.

Lets say the same scenario is taking place…
Again:
Lets say the order is due by 10pm.
Or lets say the timer is due in 2hrs from now…
If you send that delivery, and 1 hours pass (leaving 1 hr on the clock)…
You go to bed…
And the buyer rejects it at the same time… (still technically 1hr till the true delivery date)…

I want to say fiverr will still give you a 24h period … but it’s these situations that I dont’ let happen…
It may just give you 1hr left and screw you over…

For this reason alone … if I can help it … I’ll send that particular order 10minutes till the buzzer …(or hell 2 minutes till the buzzer) Just to take advantage of good sleep and that 24h re-do timer. Any other way seems to be a RISK…

I really want to say that if the timer on the order is less than a few hours… and you send it … and they reject it … it will still refresh the timer for you by 24h… but I dont exactly know when that window is … so I play it save… deliver at the buzzer the best thing you’ve got… If you need more time or more information from the buyer… well … you should communicate that with them well before the buzzer… but still follow that procedure so the order doesnt end up going late if you’re truly trying to complete an order properly. I hope that makes sense.

Best advice I’ve got and it’s within the realm of the rules on fiverr. And shouldnt upset your buyer unless you’re gaming the system to deliver an incomplete order just to get some sleep and have them waiting… In which case , don’t … it gives the platform a bad rep… and they may give you a deserving crappy rating for it.