How to choose what to sell!

andrej_milic

The best way to choose what to sell is to go on fiverr and see what others are selling. Make sure to do your research

before you post what you want to sell. Look at how other sellers are listing their items and look at what their description

says. Look at how many gigs they have in their que. If they don’t have a lot sold then maybe this is not such a good idea for

you to take on to sell. Looking at what has been a proven seller before listing will put you way ahead of your competition.

• 3 months later...

You’re right, looking at what other sellers are offering is a great way to get inspiration for a new gig. 🙂

Never copy a gig that you have found though. Try to make it a bit better by offering a little more than the other seller’s offering the same thing, or maybe even offer a bonus. 🙂 Make sure you use your own words in the title and description as well.

I also think that sellers should think of things they enjoy doing or are good at doing and create gigs based on that. 🙂

Research is good but just seeing what other people are offering and copying theirs isn’t (not that I’m suggesting that’s what you’re suggesting lol). Just because it’s on the front page of Fiverr.com doesn’t guarantee that it’s selling well, especially if it’s a featured gig - These normally get featured for being unique, different and sometimes a bit weird! But this is normally for a small market niche. I have other gigs that make double the sales of my featured gig, but my featured gig gets people clicking on me and seeing what else I have to offer, so that might be the trick to getting a high amount of sales.

Take inspiration from things you already have an interest in, not what’s popular. If you don’t enjoy it, why do it? That’s what Fiverr’s about! 😃 If you’re good at/enjoy writing, research writing gigs and see what other people are charging e.g. 50 words per $5, undercut it if you’re new e.g. 200 words per $5 (you can always change it later but this will get you your first few sales). You’re also likely to be on the front page for a day or two. Think of extras you can add and think how you can make your gig stand out from others (even if it’s just with your image). Having a low delivery day grabs peoples attention too, but make sure it’s realistic and suitable with the different time zones etc.

I wouldn’t look at the que on gigs… See how many they’ve completed instead. I’ve completed over 3300 orders but my que is rarely over 4 or 5 as I clear it as fast as I can.

It’s all about creating a gig you enjoy doing. I believe if you’re passionate about doing it, it won’t seem like work, you’ll be happy doing it long term and you’ll be gaining experience in your area of interest 🙂

What to sell?

3 words with million answers 😃

Shortest Summary:

Follow these Steps:

1. Decide to sell what you think you can do best Lets Say you can DO “X” and you are expert in it.
  2. Go to fiverr Take a look at All the categories and fit “X” to appropriate Category.
  3. After finding the appropriate category Click on it.
  4. Browse this category find your competition find other gigs, with rating,new.
  5. If you finds the idea is not generating much sales on your competitor’s GIG go to Step 1 Otherwise goto Step 6.
  6. Create your gig, Start Selling 🙂

Guest tn5rr2012

To decide what to sell you need to look at your life, what you enjoy to do and what you could sell in good conscious. Be inspired by others but don’t copy, you gig must be unique to you and what your passion is. I have a been a genealogist for over 30 years so I help people start their family trees, I know NOTHING about backlinks, SEO, blackmarket or any of that stuff, so what should I choose, where my passion is, family trees

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

The best thing to do is be original, be creative, and be able to draw in attention. Also make sure your samples, your keywords, and description are able to attract customers. People get bored easy and go on to the next person quick. people also don’t want to wait forever for a gig either, it’s like waiting for a sundae or a coffee. if it’s more than 5 minutes it’s too long. when you do a gig if it’s more than 10 days, unless it takes awhile to produce or you have a lot of orders…it’s too long. Creating a large lead time to build a large queue is not always the best way to get sales. it can make a lot of revenue from people wanting express orders, but many people are only patient for so long.

Josh

From my own experience, i choose a niche i knows better. I never followed the crowd For example, from my research i noticed that 80% of fiverr members are on traffic niche.

Be your self. Dont copy others!

Forex trading is my career and also my Niche. Ask me any question about forex trading and i will provide fast and easy answer even while asleep, just because that is what i do for a living.

Forex is My Love! Forex is My Life!! Join me to Trade Forex for a Great Living!!!

Check out my gigs: http://www.fiverr.com/paulforex

To your Outstanding Success,

Paulforex

Of course you have to be skilled at whatever it is you are offering, but another thing to consider is your location and what your location may have to offer. I live in Hawaii and my gigs are targeted to mostly beach, travel, and island theme projects. Look around where you live and see what unique feature of your state or town you could incorporate into your gig. Do you live near the Statue of Liberty, Mt Rushmore, Yosemite, Six Flaggs? Think of ways you could use that to your “gig advantage”.

Reply to @profitablegig4u: Be patient. Fiverr ™ currently has 1.3 million gigs and is adding 4000 new ones per day. It might take awhile for buyers to find yours. 🙂

In the meantime, use what you have to promote yourself - Facebook, Twitter, people you know in real life. And use these forums to get tips and advice. You have to advertise and promote your Fiverr ™ work exactly the same way you’d promote any other work.

Good luck!

Well I would somewhat differ with you guys, just looking at others what they sell cannot and doesnot inspire you to sell, lol !

First try to find out what are you good at and what is your niche of expertise. Are you good in marketing, advertising, making some good videos or just a dumb-ass…

Hell ya, I have been here selling almost 2 years now and have seen some weirdos selling anything and becoming top-rated sellers 😃

So just find at what yo are good at and start selling, for your reference you can check the rules of the site and see how can you get the maximum exposure for your gig !

This is taken strictly from my own observation, which may be warped sideways. I have no way of telling. My peripheral vision is poor.

1. If you want to get featured fast - jump around in a silly costume. but make sure it’s not someone else’s silly costume - covering yourself in pudding hasn’t been tried yet (if you try this at home be sure to use a straw for air.)

2. If you want to get gigs fast - offer to do something you’re not supposed to be doing. i.e. reviews where they are not supposed to be posted from people like us, likes where they are not supposed to be liked from people like us, links where they are . . . you get the idea. But be ready to lose your gig fast, either by it being denied, or by eventually running into a wall you can’t get past, and not being able to deliver your gig.

3. If you choose #2, work on this one while you are getting on with the #2 stuff (eventually you’ll get frustrated - by then the following should be hitting). Find something you’re good at, find who is already doing it, create a folder called “competition” to let them know you’re coming, buy a gig from them to see exactly what they do. Do it better. Rinse and repeat.

• 1 year later...

Archived