Fiverr Community Forum

How to control damage when you mess up with a client?

I’m new to Fiverr, and I’m working on my first 3 orders. One of the costumers turn out to be what I honestly believe is a mental person.
I don’t know how much detail I can safely give as I’m currently dealing with this, but let’s just say that have I known what this person wanted me to draw, I would have turned this offer down in the first place. And, honestly, I did add to the misunderstanding because of my ignorance of the platform.
Although I can’t believe this person’s request and attitude, I’ve remained polite and accommodating at all times.

I’m still working with them, but I can see that they’re frustrated with me and they have already mentioned cancellation twice. At this point, I don’t know what can I offer them in order to get a 5 star review.
If it were up to me, I’d give them their $15 back (alongside the final delivery), but it’s my understanding that this is not possible without a cancellation, and that cancellations are to be avoided if possible.

So, any ideas of something reasonably valuable I can give away? Or better yet, is there a way I can refund without damaging my account? (And, are cancellations that bad for your account?).

Well, you’re in a pickle, that’s for sure. I’m sorry this has happened to you.

You have some choices: cancel the order; keep going and do whatever the buyer wants, deliver the order and take the hit on your review, which, from what you’re saying, is likely to be a not so good one; contact CS, discuss it with them and see what they say.

Alot depends on the buyer: are they being unreasonable? Is what they are asking for against TOS?

Or is it your own mistake?

If it’s your own mistake, then cancel. Yes, it will affect your account but only for 60 days.

If they’re being unreasonable or asking for something against TOS, then talk to CS and see what they say.

Or you can keep going, do the work, deliver it and get a not so great review. The review will stay on your account forever.

Up to you, really … but much sympathy and a comforting virtual hug {{{hug}}}

I’d say they’re being unreasonably rude, but it’s certainly not an unreasonable request. There’s no motive for contacting CS. It’s just degrading, but in a funny way after all.

So, in the long run, it sounds that a bad review is going to be more hurtful than cancelling.
And, again, I’m perplexed and stressed out, but -insane or not- it’s clear to me that this person is not having a good experience working with me, so I’d prefer for them to have their money back, even though it’s a small amount.

2 Likes