How to Deal with Buyers Who Do not Read Gig Description and Place order for lesser amount and then show threat to cancel

weformat

I often get buyers who do not read gig description carefully and place order for the basic package intentionally when the gig has clearly defined the packages and description. And, later when ask them to upgrade the gig to add more funds, they trick to cancel the order - why? How many orders you cancel like this? Every week or two weeks I get such a buyer and then it ends up with arguments and then order cancellation.

How to deal with such buyers?

We don’t have much choice here but to make the buyer happy, work on whatever extra they are asking to avoid cancellation.

We don’t have much choice here but to make the buyer happy, work on whatever extra they are asking to avoid cancellation.

That is not a good way to deal with such buyers. You should stand up for your business, otherwise you are setting a bad precedent.

Only work on what is worth your time and effort.

I’d rather to cancel that order, then block them and move on.

Such buyers end up causing too much trouble. I would just cancel the job.
That said, I wonder why you get such clients on a weekly basis. It would make sense to get such clients once in a blue moon but weekly? Maybe you need to edit your gig description to make it clearer? Or maybe you want to adjust your prices upwards?

I also faced such situation… and to avoid cancellation do their work… but sometimes clients do understand! but if they not… then write down in your requirements that " Do conversation first for avoiding cancellation and extra charges" and higher your rates on gig… It will help you a lot… !

You should always respect your business and time. Always cancel this type of orders.
While cancelling choose the reason - the buyer wants additional work which is not in the scope of original order.
If the mistake is not yours, the sales doesnt get affected much.

That is not a good way to deal with such buyers. You should stand up for your business, otherwise you are setting a bad precedent.

Cancellation would decrease the order completion percentage and also drop the gig listing in the search result. In this competitive era I cannot have any cancellation that will cause my sales down. Again not all the buyers are like that, most of them are understanding and wise. I am talking about few buyers once in a while. For me cancellation isn’t worth at all. I would go beyond what paid to avoid cancellation and do as much work which pleases the buyer.

Such buyers end up causing too much trouble. I would just cancel the job.

That said, I wonder why you get such clients on a weekly basis. It would make sense to get such clients once in a blue moon but weekly? Maybe you need to edit your gig description to make it clearer? Or maybe you want to adjust your prices upwards?

My friend,

Gig is already descriptive and but the issue happens only with those who trick a seller because they know that Fiverr pushes the gig back once an order is cancelled.

Cancellation would decrease the order completion percentage and also drop the gig listing in the search result. In this competitive era I cannot have any cancellation that will cause my sales down. Again not all the buyers are like that, most of them are understanding and wise. I am talking about few buyers once in a while. For me cancellation isn’t worth at all. I would go beyond what paid to avoid cancellation and do as much work which pleases the buyer.

Cencellation is not worth but what can be done when

1. The paid amount is for 1 hour or work but the requested is for 8 hours of work
  2. The buyer shows the attitude of order cancellation

You know my friend the buyers who show the attitude of order cancellation, never feel happy even if you do a great job. My option is order cancellation but I also want fiverr to do something against such buyers.

I also faced such situation… and to avoid cancellation do their work… but sometimes clients do understand! but if they not… then write down in your requirements that " Do conversation first for avoiding cancellation and extra charges" and higher your rates on gig… It will help you a lot… !

Dear,

1200 characters are too less to describe the gig itself as there is a lot of work to do in my work.

@ [power_design] I had cancelled the order, blocked the buyer, and also reported the buyer for bad language and requested Fiverr support to educate such buyers

I have heard that canceling the order by citing “fraud” as the reason for cancellation might not affect your stats. Obviously, before they make their decision, they will cross-check to see if the cited reason is true.

Apparently, it has worked for some sellers. I am not sure if it always works as I have never had to do it yet.

If you are providing quality services then buyers will automatically pay you more than what they paying you now… and we are having a great feature of creating custom offers which you should mention it on your gig…

Exactly. Quality services attract money. I get a lot of tips from my buyers

If they ask me for something that I do not offer and do not do, I cancel them but explaining how much a seller loses because of his carelessness and I ask them to read carefully, so they do not do the same to the sellers. and inside I send them to hell
There is no way to deal with these people their rates do not go down and they don’t have revision every month, that’s why they do not care.

You should always respect your business and time. Always cancel this type of orders.

While cancelling choose the reason - the buyer wants additional work which is not in the scope of original order.

This is not true - Fiverr does not factor in whether the cancellation was your fault or not. A cancellation effects your gig placement (sales) regardless of the cancellation reason.

This is not true - Fiverr does not factor in whether the cancellation was your fault or not. A cancellation effects your gig placement (sales) regardless of the cancellation reason.

Fiverr does offer Seller protection:

Seller Protection - Fraud Chargebacks

Fiverr Has Your Back!

In cases where the service was completely provided, Fiverr will protect you from fraud chargebacks. The funds will be added back to your account, and after seven days, you will be able to withdraw the funds. Most importantly, it will not affect your cancellation rate.

Check out the following:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/chargebacks-and-seller-protection

If you are providing quality services then buyers will automatically pay you more than what they paying you now… and we are having a great feature of creating custom offers which you should mention it on your gig…

@kaursurvin64 seems you have not seen my profile yet - if you will see you can check the prices etc. Now, the point, many people here are saying that select this option and that and it will not impact the sales but since I cancelled the order, I am not even getting queries while I was getting 10-20 a day. Now, another customer, he wants me to upload his book to KDP but KDP sends an OTP and when I am asking them to send OTP, they are just not able to do that - the order was of $55 from which $15 was for upload - now, fiverr does not have any option to refund partial amount - what shall I do now? They are not supporting, they do not know how to upload, they are not giving OTP, now I am in a situation where I will either have to refund the whole money and cry for an hour as I did the rest of the work as they needed.

What can we do with such Buyers or can say uneducated buyers or Tricking Buyers - you actually do not know who they are - sometimes, it is hard to trust that an American cannot provide you an OTP received from KDP as they do not know any thing about that

Fiverr does offer Seller protection:

Seller Protection - Fraud Chargebacks

Fiverr Has Your Back!

In cases where the service was completely provided, Fiverr will protect you from fraud chargebacks. The funds will be added back to your account, and after seven days, you will be able to withdraw the funds. Most importantly, it will not affect your cancellation rate.

Check out the following:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/chargebacks-and-seller-protection

power_design it is just a blog and in actual, they only protect .05% cases - it happened to me a few times when all the work was done as per the job but fiverr did not care about anything because the seller has warned them of legal action, maybe

Archived