How to deliver order?

capri2794

My gigs are in various categories but am a little confused about delivering orders.

When I deliver the order for graphic designing gig, Fiverr watermark is placed on it so the buyer cannot use it without marking the order complete.

But what about other categories like writing and programming? For instance, .doc files cannot be watermarked. What if when I send an article/doc file, the buyer downloads it to check if he likes the work, gets the work and cancels the order?

It might be a simple thing, but I don’t know how this works.

You should send your file by zip.whwn you do it buyer can use it.

You should send your file by zip

Zip files are a pain in the ***! If you knew how many of my buyers told me “Word can’t open this zip file”, or “My tablet/phone cannot open zip file” :roll_eyes: It’s 2017, and people still have trouble opening the simplest zip file!

Zip files are a pain in the ***! If you knew how many of my buyers told me “Word can’t open this zip file”, or “My tablet/phone cannot open zip file” :roll_eyes: It’s 2017, and people still have trouble opening the simplest zip file!

Then how else does Fiverr protects the delivered order that has not been marked complete?

Zip files should be banned. To me, they don’t make any sense. Whenever I zip something it stays pretty much the same size.

Send shareable links. It’s 2017. Embrace them.

As for watermarks etc. I could go to lengths to deliver written articles in protected word documents and PDFs. The thing is, with writing you usually have to worry about charge backs more than you do people running away and canceling orders.

Zip files should be banned. To me, they don’t make any sense. Whenever I zip something it stays pretty much the same size.

Send shareable links. It’s 2017. Embrace them.

As for watermarks etc. I could go to lengths to deliver written articles in protected word documents and PDFs. The thing is, with writing you usually have to worry about charge backs more than you do people running away and canceling orders.

Whenever I zip something it stays pretty much the same size.

When I zip my deliveries, they go from 20Mb to 4Mb - that’s definitely worth it! And uploading 20Mb to the cloud with my connection’s upload speed (50Kb/s upload speed) is making me age faster! 👴

Whenever I zip something it stays pretty much the same size.

When I zip my deliveries, they go from 20Mb to 4Mb - that’s definitely worth it! And uploading 20Mb to the cloud with my connection’s upload speed (50Kb/s upload speed) is making me age faster! 👴

Interesting… Clearly, I don’t know how to zip things properly.

I have never watermarked or otherwise “protected” my written work - I may just be lucky, but over around 800 projects and about 100 clients (inside and outside Fiverr), I have only ever had an issue with non-payment twice. The time it would take me to “protect” my work (not sure how I would do that other than to send it as a JPEG or similar, since PDFs can be copied) would be much more costly than the less than 1% of orders I have ever had an issue with.

YMMV.

If a buyer cancels on you, you can politely remind them that, since they didn’t pay for the work, they’re not allowed to use it.

Depending on the work, you might be able to publish it elsewhere (without any identifying information about the brand or people working for it). Also, if the work is published somewhere after cancellation, you might be able to file a DMCA takedown notice (someone please correct me if this isn’t allowed).

If a buyer cancels on you, you can politely remind them that, since they didn’t pay for the work, they’re not allowed to use it.

Depending on the work, you might be able to publish it elsewhere (without any identifying information about the brand or people working for it). Also, if the work is published somewhere after cancellation, you might be able to file a DMCA takedown notice (someone please correct me if this isn’t allowed).

Great, thank you. This answers my question.

Archived