Fiverr Community Forum

How to detect fake/Fraud Client/Buyer?

How to detect fake client/buyer here. How can I detect client that is genuine buyer?
Is here any facility or option for find verified Buyers/Clients?

7 Likes

You talk to them and figure out if you’re a good fit for them or not. If they’re serious or not. It’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

I agree. A good buyer/seller is easy to spot as is a poor buyer/seller. It is there in their BR/Gig but once you speak to someone, you can tell pretty easily if they have honor and behave professionally or not.

The thing to be aware of is that you may struggle to trust the red flags that do get shown and then think that you should trust in silly things like Stats, Verified badges, or Star Ratings instead of your own human senses based on an open and honest dialog (which is all but non-existent with poor buyers/sellers).

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a good questions.
You only able to answer this after you works with many different clients.
Like @benedictrm said…,

So…, it’s important for buyer communicate with seller before ordering.
and for seller…, ask buyer to contact us (seller) at gigs descriptions.

3 Likes

Analyze his details by clicking his ID. If found no review from the seller and conversation is suspicious then carefully skip the deal.

2 Likes

Analyze his details by clicking his ID. If found no review from the seller and conversation is suspicious then carefully skip the deal.

This is a rather senseless method for if they are a good buyer, trader but have no history yet, you have dismissed them with no valid reason.

Also, I have met with many who have lots of badges to say how wonderful they are but have been terrible people who get their badges from treating people with no confidence like garbage. That may make them a repeat buyer but it does not make them a good person to do business with.

You have to use your own senses and not trying to cut corners like this.

The mark or merits of a person are always in how they converse with you. If they are too afraid (or just plain lazy) to talk with you, that probably says everything you need - which is why my profile now warns that orders without talking first to share all details of the job will probably be canceled, as will rudeness as once a person thinks they can behave so poorly (treat me as a non-person) they always will behave badly - not so bad if they pay me well, but such people always seem to think $1ph is doing me a favor.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

You have to understand by his/her conversation.

1 Like