How to earn a full time income from Fiverr? (just my thoughts!)

seontraffic

Hi everyone,

I’ve been browsing through Fiverr for a long time, trying things out to know what works and what not and i’ve come by this question on many Internet Marketing forums: “How to earn a full time income from Fiverr?” and mostly “Is it possible to earn a full time income on Fiverr?”.

My answer is simple: Definitely YES! You CAN earn a full time income from Fiverr…

But in every business, either it’s offline or online, you’ll have to work your butt off to get this going. Here is what I recommend you doing (like in every business):

• Think about a gig that you can complete in less than 15 minutes. (example: logo designs)
  • Create your fiver account related to this gig. (example: username = logodesignsmaster)
  • Create your gig & check on adwords keyword tool to optimize it for SEO. (whitehat linkbuilding only!)
  • Add a video to your gig with your face and a powerpoint presentation with some samples. (converts like CRAZY!)
  • Make sure to write a PERFECT (yet attractive) description for your gig, tell buyers you give 100% money back, etc.
  • Make a plan so you can get better & faster at delivering your gigs, better & faster orders = more customers.
  • Start promotion on forums, blogs, facebook, youtube, twitter, g+, pinterest, instagram, deviantart, etc.
  • Build a facebook fanpage STRICTLY for your fiverr account & link your buyers to it after each order (ask, don’t force!)
  • Create a “donation” gig, add bonuses for faster delivery, for multiple sizes, psd template, etc. (increases earnings)

Right there is what i’ve studied for weeks and I really think you can get over $3,000 per month using fiverr. Those are just thoughts, nothing have really been tested! But I strongly believe that this system is unbelievably powerful in term of full time income on fiverr.

I’ll try this for the next few weeks and for now my goal is only $2,000/month so I can quit my student job & pay my bills + apartment.

Please tell me what you think,

Thank you,

Jimmy 🙂

P.S. The logo designing thing was just an example. Though, it is in need by many people here on fiverr, tons of businesses try to look for logos so if you’re great at photoshop, start your own gig right now!

Don’t forget to like Fiverr’s official facebook fanpage, they share awesome tips every week: https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/Fiverr

Here is what I think…most people will probably disagree and think I’m full of rubbish, which I usually am, but here you go.

seontraffic said: Think about a gig that you can complete in less than 15 minutes. (example: logo designs)

You can do this but I honestly think you are going to have a hard time making a full time income from this. Here is why. I have been on here since the beginning and this would have worked once and worked well. The problem now can be summed up in one word. Competition. It is my opinion that you need at least one unique gig where you can do something or provide something that stands out and lets you upsell other gigs. If I told you how long I spent on some of my gigs you would run for the hills screaming.

seontraffic said: Create your fiver account related to this gig. (example: username = logodesignsmaster)

I would not do this. In the short term it may work and a lot of people have started trying this to rank their gigs. I think this is a very myopic and short term view and if you want to brand yourself on here would you rather be known as LogoMaker or by your own name, or a unique name that buyers can associate with and if you decide to add different gigs further down the line besides logo's and branch out it is not going to look too clever.

seontraffic said: Create your gig & check on adwords keyword tool to optimize it for SEO. (whitehat linkbuilding only!)

The google adwords tool is probably one of the better places to look but I would also consider looking look at using keywords that other people are not using as well.

seontraffic said: Add a video to your gig with your face and a powerpoint presentation with some samples. (converts like CRAZY!)

Video works well but I am so busy I don't have much time to go to the bathroom, never mind make videos for myself, but I do agree, it is very effective and I have put up videos on various platforms to drive traffic back to my gigs and backlinked to them consistently until they outrank everything for the keywords I want to target
seontraffic said: Make sure to write a PERFECT (yet attractive) description for your gig, tell buyers you give 100% money back, etc.

Having a descriptive gig that stands out is great. Promising money back is not the best idea as you may be making promises you do not want to keep. What do you do if you attract the serial refunders who jump at the chance of a refund that you have promised in your description. I would avoid that.

seontraffic said: Make a plan so you can get better & faster at delivering your gigs, better & faster orders = more customers.

faster is not always better and neither does it guarantee more orders either. I would concentrate on delivering the best you can with the view to upselling other gigs, there my secret is out :) Remember this is all about building up buyers and repeat buyers. Would you rather someone buy one gig from you never to be seen again or have mutiple buyers order from you over and over again. If you get the second type of buyer you are on your way to a full time income on here.

seontraffic said: Start promotion on forums, blogs, facebook, youtube, twitter, g+, pinterest, instagram, deviantart, etc.

This is a given. With so many sellers here you need to to everything you can to promote your gigs. Use google alerts to stay updated of where people are talking your gigs and keywords related to your gigs and respond and reply to posts to get more sales.

seontraffic said: Build a facebook fanpage STRICTLY for your fiverr account & link your buyers to it after each order (ask, don't force!)

I am a bit uneasy about doing anything like this. Before doing this I would contact customer support and show them the page and get an ok with it..but what is ok today might not be ok tomorrow and If content or posts are made on the page that fiverr do not like it could be "goodnight and switch the lights off on the way out" with your fiverr account.

There are a couple of other things... All day every day all I see is people getting upset because they are not level 1, or 2 or not a top rated seller. My answer to that is... who cares. If you pay more attention to putting up good gigs and getting orders you will soon start to level up. Too Many people are paying more attention to their levels than their buyers, are not getting orders and of course without orders are not going to level up. If you get no orders and were made a top rated seller would it make any difference? Nope. All it means is you have a nice shiny badge and still no orders and would still be in the same position and still be a serial whiner. I would spend my time promoting my gigs and building my customer base instead of worrying about someone somewhere saying "that's a nice gig" and giving you a badge.

The last thing is this. you have to promote your gigs as stated above. It's no good saying I do not know how to. If you don't then find out how to. There are plenty of suggestions on this forum and plenty of other people on here who never had a clue when they started on how to go about doing this, most of them are better at it than me and make far more sales than me and you can too. Everyone expects to be featured and a top rated seller but this is not utopia and you have to promote your gigs yourself.

There were a lot of good points made here. I actually wish I used my first name for my username, but when I joined, I was just a buyer. 15 minutes for logo designs? Wow, that’s fast. I’ve bought logo design services from a few sellers, but I was disappointed; I ended up just designing my own. I love Fiverr, it helps me pay the bills. I would love to work from home permanently, so hopefully 2013 will be my year to do great things. 🙂

Reply to @madmoo:

Yep its Mark. I’ve seen other people use facebook pages and get into trouble, not saying that is the reason but it has made me wary of doing it, especially as the TOS say any outside contact is not allowed and that could easily be implemented at any time.

• 5 years later...

Definitely be careful with implementing tips, especially from 6 year old threads. Some things don’t change, of course, but many do.

At the least, I’d pay close attention to @markp 's reply to the opening post, I think I do agree with most if not all he said, even after 6 years and even if it means I’m full of rubbish too. 😉

It’s a good idea anyhow to read or at least skim all replies to even new forum topics, as sometimes people suggest things that are even clearly and not just maybe very unwise, and usually someone will be kind enough to pop in and warn others if there’s something in a topic that may get others who’d follow the tips into real trouble.

If something is doubtful, better fact-check and then make an informed decision.

Definitely be careful with implementing tips, especially from 6 year old threads. Some things don’t change, of course, but many do.

At the least, I’d pay close attention to @markp 's reply to the opening post, I think I do agree with most if not all he said, even after 6 years and even if it means I’m full of rubbish too. 😉

It’s a good idea anyhow to read or at least skim all replies to even new forum topics, as sometimes people suggest things that are even clearly and not just maybe very unwise, and usually someone will be kind enough to pop in and warn others if there’s something in a topic that may get others who’d follow the tips into real trouble.

If something is doubtful, better fact-check and then make an informed decision.

@mariashtelle1 and @miiila

Thanks for the careful caution. Although, I was already very skeptical about the issue of opening facebook fanpage which I think Might just put me in trouble. Thanks.

Not sure why promoting gigs via a Facebook fanpage would be seen as being a bad thing. Fiverr gives FB sharing links for every gig - where are they supposed to be shared if not on FB? We’re encouraged to share our gigs when a buyer leaves a review etc. - where are Fiverr expecting us to share them if not on our social media accounts?

So long as you’re directing traffic from FB/IG/Twitter etc. to your gigs and not the other way around, I don’t see a problem?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been browsing through Fiverr for a long time, trying things out to know what works and what not and i’ve come by this question on many Internet Marketing forums: “How to earn a full time income from Fiverr?” and mostly “Is it possible to earn a full time income on Fiverr?”.

My answer is simple: Definitely YES! You CAN earn a full time income from Fiverr…

But in every business, either it’s offline or online, you’ll have to work your butt off to get this going. Here is what I recommend you doing (like in every business):

• Think about a gig that you can complete in less than 15 minutes. (example: logo designs)

• Create your fiver account related to this gig. (example: username = logodesignsmaster)

• Create your gig & check on adwords keyword tool to optimize it for SEO. (whitehat linkbuilding only!)

• Add a video to your gig with your face and a powerpoint presentation with some samples. (converts like CRAZY!)

• Make sure to write a PERFECT (yet attractive) description for your gig, tell buyers you give 100% money back, etc.

• Make a plan so you can get better & faster at delivering your gigs, better & faster orders = more customers.

• Start promotion on forums, blogs, facebook, youtube, twitter, g+, pinterest, instagram, deviantart, etc.

• Build a facebook fanpage STRICTLY for your fiverr account & link your buyers to it after each order (ask, don’t force!)

• Create a “donation” gig, add bonuses for faster delivery, for multiple sizes, psd template, etc. (increases earnings)

Right there is what i’ve studied for weeks and I really think you can get over $3,000 per month using fiverr. Those are just thoughts, nothing have really been tested! But I strongly believe that this system is unbelievably powerful in term of full time income on fiverr.

I’ll try this for the next few weeks and for now my goal is only $2,000/month so I can quit my student job & pay my bills + apartment.

Please tell me what you think,

Thank you,

Jimmy 🙂

P.S. The logo designing thing was just an example. Though, it is in need by many people here on fiverr, tons of businesses try to look for logos so if you’re great at photoshop, start your own gig right now!

Don’t forget to like Fiverr’s official facebook fanpage, they share awesome tips every week: https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/Fiverr

Just to make this clear, I’m not cautioning against what merciavideo describes, with being careful with tips. In regard to FB, I meant specifically the second part of OP’s Facebook tip (bolded by me for clarity) as it is “the other way around”. Use your own best judgement or, if in doubt, you can always ask support.

Build a facebook fanpage STRICTLY for your fiverr account & link your buyers to it after each order (ask, don’t force!)

Not sure why promoting gigs via a Facebook fanpage would be seen as being a bad thing. Fiverr gives FB sharing links for every gig - where are they supposed to be shared if not on FB? We’re encouraged to share our gigs when a buyer leaves a review etc. - where are Fiverr expecting us to share them if not on our social media accounts?

So long as you’re directing traffic from FB/IG/Twitter etc. to your gigs and not the other way around, I don’t see a problem?

Not sure why promoting gigs via a Facebook fanpage would be seen as being a bad thing.

It wouldn’t, as long as

you’re directing traffic from FB/IG/Twitter etc. to your gigs and not the other way around,

but the OP (who is no longer on Fiverr, btw) suggests telling your Fiverr buyers to like your Facebook page, and that can be definitely seen as contact outside of Fiverr (and a quick way to get banned).

So many wonderful and an interesting tips here.

Not really, because some other tips are problematic, too; for example, a good business logo is highly unlikely to be made in 15 minutes, and I wouldn’t take anyone who calls themselves ‘logodesignsmaster’ seriously (to be honest, if they feel the need to call themselves experts/masters, I’d think that they’re probably inexperienced/incompetent/terrible at what they do).

The promotion tip (promote pretty much everywhere) looks like a suggestion to spam, a donation gig became a bit redundant after the tip feature was introduced, promising 100% money back is an invitation to scammers… It wasn’t a very good post even when it was created, and with Fiverr changing, it only became worse.

Reply to @madmoo:

Yep its Mark. I’ve seen other people use facebook pages and get into trouble, not saying that is the reason but it has made me wary of doing it, especially as the TOS say any outside contact is not allowed and that could easily be implemented at any time.

Apologies for the confusion - I was reading the most recent post which mentioned FB in more general terms:

Yep its Mark. I’ve seen other people use facebook pages and get into trouble,

Archived