How to earn a living

Guest loyco10

Guest loyco10

how does a professional earn a living doing days and days of work for 5 dollars. architectural and 3d models take time, please advise…

You’ll have to go the gig extra route somehow. Most sellers try not to sell anything for $5 that will take more than 25 minutes to complete. Unless Fiverr’s their hobby, of course.

It takes me around 30 mins to write an article, but I rarely sell them for 5 bucks. Most go for around $15-$20 with gig extras included.

I don’t thing everybody work for 5$, they sell Extra gigs and Custom Offers, which can reach up 1500$, also the seller take about the project, Let’s take as example web designer work for 5$ for 1 page, but If you want a workable form you must add at least 10$ and If you want a basic website with 6 pages It will coast 30$ at least (3 hours of the work), also and this’s the important thing, maybe 100$/mo not equal anything to you but in other country It’s a salary

Speaking for myself, my policy for Fiverr is to never do any work that will require than 15 minutes of my time per $4. This comes out to $16/hr. base rate, which is actually still less than half as much as my in-studio rate, but the advantage is that I can do this work any time, day or night, and unless the customer buys it as an express order, I can spread the work over a couple days.

I’m quite new to Fiverr, so I could be wrong, but my impression is that Fiverr isn’t the best format for every type of professional. Maybe it can work for you really well, but I think you’ve got to take the approach that the basic $5 gig is essentially your customer paying for you to show them a commercial of your work.

Find something that you can do to showcase your abilities and still deliver an interesting, desired product in less than 20 minutes, and then use that product to promote and upsell other services.

As others have mentioned, not every order is a $5 order so it’s not like you’ll be working around the clock to make a five spot 🙂 But you do have to be prepared to deliver something for $5.

As @jamesbulls noted, many sellers manage their gigs from the perspective of an hourly wage. This is great, but there’s another angle here to consider too.

Many people on fiverr view themselves as a business owner, vs a hobbyist trying to pick up a few extras dollars. I fall into the business owner category. So for me, when I look at things like fiverrs 20% fee, it doesn’t bug me as it’s an acceptable “customer acquisition” fee. My alternative is to advertise, send mailers, etc. In my case, it’s acceptable vs. the time, effort, and money I’d spend trying to find that customer myself.

I look at $5 orders the same way, in that for me, it’s not about $4 in revenue, vs. part of my customer acquisition cost. Clearly if these $5 orders became too prevalent, then my cost per customer would gobble too much of my revenue. Instead, these $5 orders often translate to larger projects. And because much of what I do here on fiverr is video creation, I’m able to largely tack on smaller jobs to big jobs. So my production cost is incremental. It’s rare I have to fire up the studio just to create a $5 production. Consideration for $5 jobs has been incorporated into our workflow. And remember, while you start at $5, the next incremental charge can be notably more.

Anyway, I’m just trying to provide some additional perspective to the hourly rate angle that’s been brought up.

Archived