How to ERADICATE THE GIG COPYING MENACE once and for all by addressing the root course

Hi Fiverr,

Thank you so much for fiverrs openess to take in suggestions and opinions

from your every day fiverr users and fiverr community at large with an open mind to make the community safe and respectful to all users.

We have noted with great concern the high levels of Gig copying menace that has been

rampant and seems to be a dragon that keeps mutating and cant simply be

tamed judging by the vast number of reported and unreported cases of the

copy cat menace, with most top rated sellers being victims of having their gig copied word for word.

I have a suggestion on how to tame this practice once and for all by going

for the root course or the Key gig copying motivator that drives unscrupulous sellers to copy top rated sellers gigs.

a certain group of users have discovered that they can manipulate their way through the

ratings specifically on the recommended tab by cheating the system once they get to the recommended tab simply

by copying a top rated sellers gig word for word and thats what has been

happening,most of the gig copying practices are prevalent on the

recommended tab which is the main root motivation factor for the copy cats. as it can easily be manipulated to believe even a one day old seller can just copy a top rated seller and end up on the very top, unlike the high rating tab that cant be manipulated as it totally looks at your performance to rate sellers.

Solution:

A lasting solution would be to set the default home page of any search to land on the High Ratings tab instead of the recommended tab this will achieve 2 things.

1. it will greatly discourage the gig copying menace as sellers cant manipulate the high ratings tab.
  2. it will give buyers the opportunity to get the best service as they are exposed to the high performing sellers who should get the first priority as they will guarantee high conversions as they have already proven to be good at what they do.

That is one lose end that needs to be URGENTLY addressed the Default landing page when searching should be High Ratings tab instead of the recommended tab as the high ratings tab cant be manipulated or cheated as the recommended tab can.

The high ratings tab gives the right and correct ratings that

cant be manipulated and as such should be the default page on the search

not the recommended this will tame once and for all the gig copying

menace.

Thanks you so much

I think your right thats a Great suggestion a long term solution to gig copying menace once and for all is what we all need I have been a victim of gig copying and I agree the key incetive for the copy cats has been the recommended tab. I wish Fiverr could see how serious this issue is as its killing creativity and diversity when people stop being creative and just copy your gig word for word to get ahead of you on the recommended tab. Fiverr should URGENTLY set the High ratings tab be the default search page instead of the recommended tab. on both logged in users and logged out users as it seems the high ratings tab is only the default on logged out Users it should URGENTLY apply on both logged in and out users when searching.

I agree with you 100% as it seems the recommended tab is the biggest motivator or incentive for gig copying as when it comes to the high rated tab you cant cheat your way up it gives the true picture of ratings to buyers, while the recommended tab any one can copy your gig word for word and end up in front of you

That would be a long term solution to finally stop this problem could some one from fiverr Please advise on the way forward as this is really a big and real problem that so many sellers are suffering in silence ???

Regards

I agree 100%, Top ranked gigs have proven their worth by peer review of the service.

There seems to be a very big issue where even on the Top Rated tab, gigs with very few positive reviews, and worse, tons of negative reviews are somehow being placed in this coveted spot, which really should be for the best gigs and sellers who have earned their right to be there.

The recommended tab also needs more on hands monitoring, too many gigs of the exact same description and service offered are appearing. These need to be rotated on a day by day or at least week by week basis with a manual review panel selecting a wide range of services in order to introduce new sellers and new gigs that are showing some promise.

The High Rated should be the default landing page for all searches however. In many cases these are your sellers who have taken providing on Fiverr as their full time career and have put time, money, and considerable resources into being able to provide gigs as a full time living, and have families to support with these earnings.

The review based system only works and is only credible if gigs are actually shown according to their review.

Thank you.

Archived