How to evaluate and vote after shopping

selladdmefast

kjblynx said: personal preference isn't justified for a bad rating.

I see this being said quite a bit. What I don't get is why. I get the emotional reasoning behind it and how it may sting. But logically, why is it unjustified to rate a product/service you didn't like negatively? Poor communication and inaccuracy are the ONLY reasons a negative rating should exist? I quite honestly disagree.

Suppose I write stories that 99% of people dislike. What should my story writing rating be? 100% because I wasn't rude and I actually wrote a story? I know the dissatisfied are more likely to pipe up but shouldn't they be heard?

Aaaaaah....guess I'll never understand. :)

Reply to @cheezees: It’s pretty much if you got what you asked for and didn’t like it, then tough beans. I think it applies more to the " I provided information that was vague/not what I really wanted and I got what I asked for" kind of thing. No one wants to redo work because you didn’t provide the correct, specific details. Not for the “I asked for something but it’s not close to what I asked for” situations.

I definitely think those sellers who say they can do/deliver certain things and come nowhere close to what they state should definitely be rated negatively. It completely boggles my mind when I have customers come to me from another seller and ask me to clean up the mess the other seller made and still give that person a good rating. Why, why would you do that? What you received is nowhere near what you asked for, what they promised and you can’t even use it! I understand having leniency when you are not sure what you want, but this is not the case!

Anyways…That’s my 2 cents.

Reply to @kjblynx: That’s what I thought but I don’t understand how they intend to back it up.

Prohibiting cancellations due to personal taste is fine by me. (Notice how Fiverr touts this as one of their tenets BUT…then tells sellers some BS about how sellers cannot force buyers to accept and pay for work, so a refund MUST be given). So can buyers cancel or can’t they? Seems buyers CAN cancel due to personal taste, get a refund, keep the work that was done AND seller’s cancellation ratio increases and their ability to level up decreases. Way to go, Fiverr)

Some negative feedback due to personal taste gets removed (If Fiverr likes the seller or the seller is Top Rated aka Hand-picked by Fiverr even with fewer sales or positive ratings than others). Some do not. In the cases where it does not, the response is “We can’t force the buyer to like the work”. HELLO??? Seems in some cases, they can and do. Not in those words, but deleting a negative review is akin to having the seller’s gig seem just fine.

I actually don’t think personal taste should be barred as a reason for poor feedback. I may be alone and it’s fine too.

But that is not the problem. The problem is the inconsistency. That exact phrasing as disappeared from any link they have ever posted AND it seems to be applied inconsistently at BEST. Maybe they meant it was up to the personal taste of the customer support rep whether or not to implement it?

Reply to @accessgirl:

accessgirl said: It's pretty much if you got what you asked for and didn't like it, then tough beans.

Hehehe...I know. Supposedly Fiverr's policy is "Them's the breaks". Except it's not the policy.
So you mean they left positive feedback for crappy work? Why...why...WHY?!?!

The negative reviews I'm talking abou are not the ones because hte buyer didn't provide adequate details. It's the ones where the seller probably shouldn't be in the business. Like if I created a "drawing gig". Yeah, I'd draw you a cat with a ribbon for a collar, but you ain't gonna respect me after you see the finished product. I'm terrible at drawing! And a negative rating would be totally justified even though I would follow your instructions to a T. :)

cheezees said: but you ain't gonna respect me after you see the finished product

Haha!

Unfortunately, that's a cold, hard fact of quite a few of the gigs here: sometimes the work's just plain crappy. You can blame the buyers for not doing enough research (not reading descriptions, or 'taking a chance' on a new seller) or, you can blame the seller for being naive (delusional, shady, ignorant of the world) but at the end of the day, even if a seller puts in 100 hours for $4, if what they deliver technically meets their description (cheezees' cat) but is painful to look at, negative feedback should be left.

The flip-side of that coin is that there are A LOAD of terrible draw-ers making good money and getting positive feedback. I think that's what makes places like this (and the internet in general) so annoying... if for whatever reason, someone who does poor quality work makes money or a good reputation, everyone thinks they can do it too, and they litter the world with their misconceptions (and crappy work!)

OK, I'm done complaining, my blood pressure's going up. :)

They do have the little camera icon next to the feedback on the sellers pages. I will always look for cheezees cat drawing. I think fiverr customer support should consider also placing the feedback on the buyers page so sellers can see who they are dealing with. Perspective buyers could then look to see the other dealings a buyer leaving negative feedback has had.

btw- I am strictly a buyer on fiveerr

raysoh said: should consider also placing the feedback on the buyers page so sellers can see who they are dealing with

Yeah, but it wouldn't make much difference - once an order is placed, the seller is obligated to do it, or face the very negative consequences of cancelling. Even if the buyer has horrible feedback, the seller can't decline the work without putting themselves in a bad position.

Archived