How to figure out what the gig has been ordered if my gigs have similar names?

soundvisible

Thanks for the response!

1. There is no spam. My gigs are pretty similar, but they have a various look and other properties. Slightly different names won’t help when you have to distinguish 5-10 similar gigs. Of cause I can give them proper names to distinguish one gig from another. But these names have no value for a search or buyers.

2. And these proper names have to be in the beginning of the gig title, because on the ‘Manage Sales’ page gigs names are shown cropped. There is even no link title with a full name.

It would be so great to have a small gig preview and a link to a gig within the order page. Like it’s already done in a message related to a gig

soundvisible said: There is no spam. My gigs are pretty similar, but they have a various look and other properties. Slightly different names won't help when you have to distinguish 5-10 similar gigs. Of cause I can give them proper names to distinguish one gig from another. But these names have no value for a search or buyers.

Naming your gigs exactly the same thing in order to show up more often in search results is the actual definition of "spam"!

If you're gonna be shady, at least admit to it.

Reply to @kjblynx: Thanks for a title hint. Actually, I found a workaround.

But I don’t agree about flooding. These templates are different, with different features and extras. And they have a different render time, so I’m going to charge for them accordingly. It would be a mess to present them in one gig.

Reply to @soundvisible: Well at a quick glance I can’t see what the actual differences are, but if you are using different templates, you may want to include the template name in the title, or otherwise highlight what is unique about each gig. “Awesome” is not unique. 😉 The objective is to come up as a search result, so craft the titles and descriptions to what people will be using the gigs for.

Since you like spam, I’ll point out that I offer a gig specifically for rewriting gig descriptions and titles. 🙂

Archived