How to find native English speaker on Fiverr?

falkan

This is my problem; a couple of times I look for a help in writing an essay on Fiverr. The seller said he/she a native speaker, but the essay was a total disaster. The second issue I faced is, how come a profile from Pakistan/India claim to be a native English speaker (almost all of them). I do have a massive respect for the hard working people in these countries. But it is still not correct that anyone from these countries (or any other non-English speaking country) claim on their profile as native English speaker. I request, Fiverr should take this seriously, encourage those hard-working people to speak the truth and remove native English claim from the profile. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately it’s not just English speakers, it can be any “native” speakers.
I’ve come across some fishy sellers who claims to be “native” Japanese people when
their profile country says otherwise. I get the feeling same stuff happens with other languages.
I guess one thing you can do is send them a message asking some questions, and see
how they reply. Even in a short sentence you can tell pretty easily how good the person’s language
skill is. If you like what you see, you can try placing an order. Good luck!

If you are talking up of Buyers Request, you can try adding “Western sellers only!” in your message. This will solve your issue to an extent.

Btw about the sellers showing English as their native language in their profile, just for the clarification it`s “Native or Bilingual” not just “Native”. I know a lot of sellers here who are from Eastern countries and have a good reputation as a writer on Fiverr, so it doesn’t mean that non-natives are bad in writing. 😁

If you are talking up of Buyers Request, you can try adding “Western sellers only!” in your message. This will solve your issue to an extent.

Btw about the sellers showing English as their native language in their profile, just for the clarification it`s “Native or Bilingual” not just “Native”. I know a lot of sellers here who are from Eastern countries and have a good reputation as a writer on Fiverr, so it doesn’t mean that non-natives are bad in writing. 😁

I know a lot of sellers here who are from Eastern countries and have a good reputation as a writer on Fiverr, so it doesn’t mean that non-natives are bad in writing.

Anyone in particular? 😏

@taverr, thanks. No, it doesn’t mean, and I respect that. If you know anyone with good reputation, please inbox me their detail. Thanks.

Unfortunately it’s not just English speakers, it can be any “native” speakers.

I’ve come across some fishy sellers who claims to be “native” Japanese people when

their profile country says otherwise. I get the feeling same stuff happens with other languages.

I guess one thing you can do is send them a message asking some questions, and see

how they reply. Even in a short sentence you can tell pretty easily how good the person’s language

skill is. If you like what you see, you can try placing an order. Good luck!

Thanks. That what I am doing since yesterday, ironically mostly wrote back in 2 to 4 words, so you can guess they avoid long discussion.

• 1 year later...

Archived