Fiverr Forum

How to get #1 SEARCH SPOT - Gig Optimisation - MUST READ

THIS IS A LONG READ, BUT I GUARANTEE IT’S WORTH IT.

You’re a Fiverr Seller with a gig? Great! Or not…

Believe it or not, based off my own research, Fiverr sellers spend an average of 1.4 hours on designing their gigs, usually only to find out they’ve wasted that time due to lack of solid research, understanding and knowledge of the platform and it’s customers.

As a fixatious Fiverr seller, I can relate with zero complication to the issues all sellers are bound to face. After hours, days and whobbing weeks of rigorous research, I managed to overcome all these struggles. From poor sales, to worrying about defixious deadlines, those problems, thankfully, all have solutions.

The key? Gig optimisation. But HOW?

Let’s face it, all of us have put considerable effort into our intial gigs. Falicious hours pass by, as you ramble through the corners of your mind to try and find the right words that are ‘guaranteed’ to sell your gig. A little sigh of relief, and your gig is published. You wait for your sales to roll in.

And… ouch. Nothing. Hours, Days, Weeks pass - not a single order comes through. Most sellers give up - “it would never have worked anyway,” they say. Since you’ve been kind enough to read this far, treat yourself to some advice, and let’s make your gig attractive enough, so much so that it begins to sell itself… literally.

KNOW YOUR MOTIVE.

1. ASK YOURSELF: Why am I on Fiverr? Is it because you want to provide genuine, real people with a high quality service, and truly ensure your customers are satisfied beyond limits, or are you simply trying to squeeze some cash?
    Of course, you can’t only focus on satisfying customers, otherwise you’d be working for free. Ew. Don’t let people take advantage of you and your skills like that. Although, one thing is guaranteed - if you’re only on here to make cash, and not bring quality or value to your customers, you won’t get far.

2. There is no question two. If you haven’t carefully read and considered question 1, the rest of this article will be of no use to you.

Fantastic. Now that you’ve determined your motive, let’s move onto what my research indicates is essential to your success on Fiverr.

1. A QUALITY, MID-TO-HIGH DEMAND NICHE WITH LOW COMPETITION

If you’re a graphic designer creating logos for absolutely anybody, you won’t get far. With the level of competition already out there, you’ll get nowhere.
Instead, sit down and think - “How can I make my gig more niche - more specific?”
For example, instead of “I will design a quality logo”, consider “I will design a burger restaurant logo suitable for shirt prints”. How many other sellers sell this exact service? Exactly. Your competition has already weakened, if not died.
Sure, it’s perfectly true a lot of people just search for “logo design”, but unless you’re already established, you’ve no chance of making any sales. Whilst less people may search using these terms, you’ll be at the top of anybody who does, and they’ll instantly know that you’re exactly what they’re looking for. Since there’s little to no competition in very niche markets, you’ll likely be able to charge higher for your services!

2.A WIDE VARIETY OF SALE OPTIONS

Dan Lok, a famous sales closer consistently recites the idea that there are “three key types of customer”.
The NO Customer: Enjoys browsing, but doesn’t actually intend on purchasing anything.
The CHEAP Customer: If something’s on sale, they’ll buy it, even if they don’t need it! Easy to please, just lower the price!
The QUALITY Customer: People who seek quality over price. Target these, they’re goldmines! Only if you actually seek to deliver quality, of course.
Fiverr is perfect for this! The gig creation wizard allows you to create three different pricing options, all in the same Gig!

1. A PROFESSIONALLY LAYED OUT SALES PITCH IN THE DESCRIPTION

If you’ve targeted a niche and created space for the three types of customer, you’ll need to push their mouse onto the “order” button. But how, exactly?
Well, there’s too many tricks to write down here, and I’m sure the optimisation community would never forgive me if I leaked all the secrets. A solid, well-selling description sales-pitch is difficult, if not impossible, to write without conducting rigorous research into your customer base.

Don’t forget, my inbox exists! Feel free to drop me a DM/Message, I’m very willing to help out!

I hope I’ve managed to add some, if not a lot, of value to your fiverr career. Remember, a lot of Fiverr Sellers put a lot of time into their gigs, without effective research or preparation. For the best results, you’d likely want somebody professional to optimise your gig for you. Just search “optimise fiverr gig” on Fiverr, and you’ll run into the right lad :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing feedback!

PS: Seriously, if you’re implement these tips correctly, you’ll undoubtebly increase your sales! Just drop a message if you’d like some help.

79 Likes

Rolled my eyes when I saw the title, thinking this was another one of the posts that people do that offer nothing new. Was pleasantly surprised to see some good advice, in particular about being niche-focused in highly competitive fields.

Be careful about offering help though - you can get all kinds of inane and nonsense messages from people who say they want help but really want a babysitter for the next year!

10 Likes

Thank you for this! Glad you found the content useful :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pretty solid advice for the average seller. Good stuff

3 Likes

nice post thanks for sharing

4 Likes

You’ve been on Fiverr since May 2016 and have 5-reviews.

7 Likes

Thank you for your input!

In case you didn’t know, not everyone that orders leaves reviews, and if you check when I actually started working and promoting my gigs on on fiverr, you’d understand my success rate is very high.

Hope this helps, and feel free to drop me a message if you have any complaints/suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

5 Likes

Thank you maha!

Hope it helped :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Hope it helped somewhat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your writeup. Definitely not what you’d expect and yes it does carry very solid advice. Thumbs up!

You’re probably 13 yo from the looks on your profile pic but with this kind of business mindset, you’ll go far. Cheers!

Someone copied what you wrote. It was posted 2 days ago and then removed. You posted yours here first though.

4 Likes

Its a very helpful who are not getting order continuously.

Thanks for your suggestions

3 Likes

No, that was me! I did post this on reddit too, but mods removed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello!

I’d like to thank you for your input. Authority is not what I am searching for, simply trying to provide some tips.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, it’s very much appreciated!

Not correct by age, but thank you for taking the time to read this!

All input is appreciated :slight_smile:

This is a great post and I love the content.

1 Like

very helpful dada.thanks.

Thanks for the lovely feedback! Really appreciate you taking the time to read it :slight_smile:

1 Like