HOW TO GET IDEAS FOR ECOVER DESIGNS (For Graphic Designers)

uniquedesignxx

HOW TO GET IDEAS FOR ECOVER DESIGNS (For Graphic Designers)

I know quite well how it feels when you get an order and all you received from the buyer was just “title”, “subtitle” and “author’s name” with no idea of how to go about designing the cover. Yes It could be frustrating, especially for new designers.

For designers who still find things uneasy when designing ecovers, Here are the approaches I use in coming up with ideas for my designs;

1. Ask The Client(Buyer) For A blurb;

This works a great deal. Have been on fiverr for over a year now and must say this works perfectly well! All you have to do is request for the blurb from the client and gladly, he/she will send you the blurb either in doc or PDF format. Reading the blurb will help you come up with ideas.

2. Ask The Client To Tell You What He/She Wants On The Cover

This won’t work all the time as some clients don’t even know what the want(I usually charge more in such cases). However, most buyers know what they want and won’t hesitate to telling you exactly how they want their cover to look.

Please be polite when you do this.

3. Look Into Portfolios of Other Designers On Fiverr.

There are lots of great designers on fiverr and most times when you are stuck, all you have to do is make a search, look into the works of other designers and you should be able to come up with ideas.

4. Use Google

Most persons don’t realise it yet how wealthy google is with information. As a designer of ecovers, make google your pal! when you’re in need of ideas, type the title of the book in the search box (always add “ecovers” to your search string) and in few secs, google should come up with different images(please don’t steal images from google; you don’t want your clients having copyright issues). All you have to do is take a look at different images and that should help you with ideas.

If you have more to add, please feel free to do so and I’m also open to your questions.

I hope you like this and It helps someone out there.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

Archived