How to get orders as a new graphic designer

yousramashkoor

Hello,

I just recently started as a seller in fiverr but I feel that my progress in really slow. I was wondering If there’s something i’m doing wrong.
It’s been 2 months and I’ve got like only 3 orders on one of my 3 gigs. People do contact me privately but the conversation never went any further. Usually they disappear before I could get more details or write them a custom order.

These are the links to my gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/share/r1vlx
https://www.fiverr.com/share/XzAlm
https://www.fiverr.com/share/e19lY

Do you have any suggestions for me?

“Lifetime support”

You need to remove the above (copied) from your gig description as that is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

You will find all the tips you need in the above.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Yeah I’ve been constantly going through forums for improving my gig and I do believe it helpes a lot. Thanks!

Also can you elaborate further about the “lifetime support” you just mentioned. I’ve looked through their terms of services and couldn’t find anything.

By mentioning that I only meant that I’ll be willing to help my clients in the future if they want something changed or improved of my work.

Yeah I’ve been constantly going through forums for improving my gig and I do believe it helpes a lot. Thanks!

Also can you elaborate further about the “lifetime support” you just mentioned. I’ve looked through their terms of services and couldn’t find anything.

By mentioning that I only meant that I’ll be willing to help my clients in the future if they want something changed or improved of my work.

“Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:”

“Services that extend beyond 30 days of service duration”

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Will leave this with you.

Is there a special technique to write a buyers request? No matter how great of a proposal I write it seems I’m still not convincing enough

Hi Yousra,

Well you need to educate your buyer. You have to tell him that how you are going to complete the given task.

First read the request very carefully and then start typing your proposal. Make sure that you do not copy paste the same text to each and every buyer. Tell the buyer that you have read the requirements/instructions very carefully. Tell the buyer that you will provide a sample as well. After that talk about the tools ( Illustrator / PS ) etc that you will be using and then tell him/her the cost and time.

Hopefully you will get orders. Good luck!

Thanks,

Tayyab

Hi Yousra,

Well you need to educate your buyer. You have to tell him that how you are going to complete the given task.

First read the request very carefully and then start typing your proposal. Make sure that you do not copy paste the same text to each and every buyer. Tell the buyer that you have read the requirements/instructions very carefully. Tell the buyer that you will provide a sample as well. After that talk about the tools ( Illustrator / PS ) etc that you will be using and then tell him/her the cost and time.

Hopefully you will get orders. Good luck!

Thanks,

Tayyab

Right Thank you Tayyab! I’ll be sure to keep these in mind.

Hi there @yousramashkoor. I don’t want to be the bad guy here. But this isn’t your work, well at least 1 of them isn’t? You copied these t-shirts from the internet. You violating the TOS and Fiverrs regulations. Your account can get banned for this.

Funny thing is that one of my friends, who’s a photographer happens to own a similar t-shirt as one of your thumbnails is showing where it says ‘‘I GET PAID TO SHOOT PEOPLE’’ is this a coincidence or what… :thinking:.

Hi there @yousramashkoor. I don’t want to be the bad guy here. But this isn’t your work, well at least 1 of them isn’t? You copied these t-shirts from the internet. You violating the TOS and Fiverrs regulations. Your account can get banned for this.

Funny thing is that one of my friends, who’s a photographer happens to own a similar t-shirt as one of your thumbnails is showing where it says ‘‘I GET PAID TO SHOOT PEOPLE’’ is this a coincidence or what… :thinking:.

Hey @hum_on_the_go It’s quiet alright. You should clear things out if you have any doubts and I respect you for that.

However these are DEFINATELY MY ORIGINAL DESIGNS.

I made these as a part of my training when I was a member of a society, unfortunately I never got to know if they were actually made into a product since I left not soon after that.

Also I don’t think you should be surprised to see our work out there since we’re all freelancers here and our customers are from all over the world.

Its possible what you saw was actually my own work!

You’re free to investigate any further. I can backup my own work?

Hey @hum_on_the_go It’s quiet alright. You should clear things out if you have any doubts and I respect you for that.

I made these as a part of my training when I was a member of a society, unfortunately I never got to know if they were actually made into a product since I left not soon after that.

Also I don’t think you should be surprised to see our work out there since we’re all freelancers here and our customers are from all over the world.

Its possible what you saw was actually my own work!

You’re free to investigate any further. I can backup my own work?

Hi there, I’m happy for you. But if it is your work, how come you use the same logo as shown on this image from Amazon?? :thinking:

And how come you don’t know about your own design, makes me wonder??? You would be a very rich woman now if you ask me?? Because dozens of people are buying your t-shirt logos, including my friend?

71EoB8qN3eL._UX385_.jpg.b4c51021856cbb37b827ae1a65afe36e.jpg

Hi there, I’m happy for you. But if it is your work, how come you use the same logo as shown on this image from Amazon?? :thinking:

And how come you don’t know about your own design, makes me wonder??? You would be a very rich woman now if you ask me?? Because dozens of people are buying your t-shirt logos, including my friend?

71EoB8qN3eL._UX385_.jpg.71f2c2eb2062785fd327c09574b39eb5.jpg

lol! There you go. You can compare my work with this. These are definately not the same!!

If you’re familiar with Photoshop you’ll know it takes time and effort to create anything. As a new designer I learned through inspirations and I don’t see what’s wrong with that??? We’ve all been there.

Ideas, procedures, principles, discoveries, and devices are all specifically excluded from copyright protection. As stated in the Copyright Act:

Copyright Law

The internet’s out there influencing dozens of people to create better and greator ideas. But even then never did I copy pasted someone’s work. The struggles and time we put into our work are all real and I hope you will respect that^^

1021890776_BLACKSHIRT.thumb.jpg.60c3f76a58cab6ec9116059ee60821e1.jpg

UX385

Have a nice day!^^

Stay in forum at least 4 hrs it helps to rank up for your gigs

You can stay here at the forum as long as you want, you’ll be quite entertained and you’ll

learn so much you’ll be surprised.

Having that said though…

Sorry, the forum has nothing to do with gig rankings! 😅

Archived