Fiverr Community Forum

How to get rejected by a seller

Here’s an example of a message that made me reject a potential client:

“Hello from the [COMPANY NAME REDACTED]. We’re a full-suite creative Facebook marketing agency. With the help of our clients, We got the title of Canada’s #1 Facebook Marketing Partner and our ads have been viewed over 2 Billion times in 2019 alone. With all that information acquired in one year, we have decided to write a book on what we learned from 2 Billion impressions. We’d love to get your help on this project! We’re looking for a Facebook marketer who: - Understand what Lookalike Audiences, Custom Audiences and Core Audiences are. - Understands Facebook Business and Ads manager. - Well versed in Facebook metrics. - Must be willing to write long form content - Is willing to give tips about strategy, campaign optimization, and creative best practices on Facebook. - Agency experience is a plus, If this sounds like something you’re interested please submit a sample writing piece as a cover letter. Just to get a feel of your writing style, Please write a short (no more than 500 words) blurb about 1 of the following topics: Audiences: - What is hashing and how is the process done - What is a seed audience and what resources can you use to make a seed audience. Creative tools: - Facebook Creative hub & Overlay tool - How to measure if creative is successful (What KPI’s to look for and what they mean) Agency (Plus if you have agency experience): -Why hire an agency and what to look for in an agency [REDACTED] - if you would like to know more about us…”

Buyers, you’re not hiring a full-time employee, and even if you were, mob job applications require a resume, sometimes a cover letter, rarely any more than that.

12 Likes

This is a scam. They’re basically sending this message out to farm out free creation of all the text they need for their e-book under the guise of asking for samples. If I was you, I’d report them.

The beauty of people like this is that they only ever attract desperate budget sellers who make a hash of everything.

10 Likes

I tried to check out their website and my Chrome browser gave me a warning that it was an unsecured website, and they might be trying to steal my information. Thank goodness for technology!

Good thing I rejected them. I agree with your insight, why hire a writer when you can get job candidates to write for you? I will report them.

Thanks.

6 Likes

If an impressive agency like that isn’t willing to offer ordering a gig for that 500 words sample they want, the scam alert traffic light is on dark orange.
That would have an excellent chance at getting rejected by me too.

7 Likes

And by everyone else who doesn’t have gigs for writing books or articles.

3 Likes

This error usually means the website doesn’t have an SSL certificate. Chrome doesn’t say the whole truth. SSL secures your private data (e.g credit card info) which I doubt will be required on a website that is not selling anything.

That said, I agree with everyone else that these guys are just out to scam people.

2 Likes

It’s an error that scares people. My blog doesn’t sell anything directly (Amazon affiliate), yet when I got an SSL, my traffic went through the roof.

3 Likes

Obviously they were looking for free content. But they would get a lot of takers for sure, a lot of free well-researched content from desperate people.

2 Likes