Fiverr Forum

How to get reviews when first starting to sell on Fiverr?

I created an account to start selling my services on Fiverr. However, to show up in search results, I need reviews to stand out. No one wants to purchase a gig from a user with no reviews. How do I go about building up my account to get reviews? Are there services for this?

Hi, Don’t worry, you’ll get some orders, but be sure to do a perfect work so you’ll have a good reviews. My tip : optimize your gig.

Good Luck!

I am going to be blunt as there is no other way to say this.
Your pricing is ridiculous!

$5 for one tweet or FB post so approx 50-100 words - Experienced sellers will write a 500 word, well researched and SEO optimized piece for $5.

$200 for one tweet/post + 1 stock image + page setup + optimization - max value when compared to experienced sellers = $32 ($2+10+10+10)

$500 for 5 tweets/posts + 5 stock images + page setup + optimization + tailored marketing plan = maybe $100-130 ($10+$50+10+10+$20-50).

What’s more, you do not explain anything about what page setup, optimization and a tailored marketing plan actually involve. Nothing, no details whatsoever yet you are valuing your marketing plan at around $300-350.

I cannot see anyone ordering this gig from you. You know you are new and so you have no track record yet you offer to do less than other sellers do and you don’t explain it. You mention you have 7 years of social media management experience - unfortunately that means nothing here. Look around, there are people who claim to have 5,10, 20 years of experience in social media (since before social media began), qualifications to translate any language to any language and have won a Nobel peace prize too.
To me, your $500 package looks like around 4-5 hours of work. That may not be the case but that is what it looks like, and you want a week’s wages for it?

You need to completely rethink your pricing strategy and make your description descriptive - actually describe what you do.

Start up with buyers request. Its the best way to get orders without any reviews.
And always focus on client’s satisfaction, not on reviews. Once your client is satisfied with your services, he will ultimately leave a 5 star review.

Read the tips above, and from there, it is all about improving your gigs, profile and communication.

All the best,
Mack

Most new people start with offering exceptional value and high product quantity for practically no money. After building lots of trust, you might be able to increase to a better wage but will still have competition. Few buyers will spend $25 on unproven small quantities. I’d be surprised to see any buyers risking hundreds. Look at other gigs to see.

You could try to make lots of money selling millions of cheap gadgets and still make the money. Or, you could buy an old beat up famous car model and make it look really shiny and great and sell that one thing for a million dollars. Doing either of those is hard work , but one has better chances of even getting started.

(I’m really saying what another person said better and more bluntly. You didn’t like his answer. I’m hoping you’ll understand it said twice and if not, we tried.)

Promote your gigs outgoing links.

It was a simple idea, you have to start working and less reading

Ok, so maybe there was a way of saying it less bluntly!
We had a PM chat to explain things.

Re-read the tips above. Take one thing into consideration (I might be blunt here as well, please forgive me): You have high priced gigs that revolve around your ability of creating brand awareness, yet you have to ask how to get reviews.

Take some steps back, take a deep breath and try a more realistic approach. In the end this will make it faster.

I really like blunt, personally, it usually gets through a little better. Some people just need it soft serve, so since you tried one approach, I tried another. (I just saw this when I came in to get rid of some spam so I figured I’d respond.) If you see me being blunt and someone isn’t getting it, you try the soft serve. We’ll take turns!

Make sure your using buyer request properly.

how can i optimize my gig

The topic is really great and I am now much satisfied. It seems ridiculous now about taking the reviews when someone is new. I thanked Allah(God) that He selected me for online work because I had a great desire to work online since 2013 and now I am getting work online. Fiverr is Great.

I find this topic interesting since I have approached a few new Fiverr users with requests that slightly vary from their advertised gig and got huge rejections. For example, I saw this guy advertising a gig where he was offering to proofread 15000 words for $5. So I asked him whether he would submit an essay for me online - basically, copy an essay I have written and paste it on the website he would be submitting it to. He responded with a $25 offer. So, I ask him how comes and he says “he only does what he does on fiverr.” I just smiled and rejected his offer because he didn’t realize that accepting my gig would have given him a “free” review that would help him get his “real clients” in future.

So, having an open mind can help you kickstart your journey better

does not equal

Why would you ask a seller to do a task which is completely different to the one they’re offering and expect them to agree to it?

Or give you a massive headache if somebody orders something completely different to what you’re actually offering on your gig. :wink:

Good for them BTW.

The context here is not wasting a chance for an easy review. But my bad, maybe proofreading 15000 words is easier than copying a complete essay and pasting it on a website.
Also, I think there is a difference between “completely” and “slightly.” Let me demonstrate. let’s say you have advertised Logo Design and I need a Banner designed - that’s slightly different - that’s how i met my regular design guy here in 2012. If I ask you to Design a website, that’s completely different.
Finally, there is always the option to say no even when the request matches exactly what is advertised. But increasing the price clearly shows you are ready to do it but maybe the buyer seems desperate. So you lose both the potential job and the easy review.

This logic doesn’t hold up for sellers who know that Customer Support usually can’t help you if a buyer doesn’t actually intend to give you an “easy review.”

The Terms of Service says that buyers should rate sellers based on whether or not the order was delivered as described. If that proofreader had accepted your offer, you could have given them a 1 star review because they pasted your article but they didn’t proofread it.

I can guarantee you that there are buyers who would do just that. I recently sent a delivery that was exactly what I promised and the buyer wanted a revision that wasn’t offered and the buyer offered to pay for the revision. I did the revision for free anyway because it wasn’t too difficult. The buyer gave me a poor review because they said that the Fiverr app was hard to use. I was really stunned and asked Support for an opinion (knowing that they weren’t likely to help) and they said the buyer had the right to review their entire experience on Fiverr. So, if that seller had pasted your article, how could they be sure it would be an “easy review”?

Everyone started here with out review just be patient and start with buyer request you will start getting order in few time then satisfy your client 100% then he will leave good review i am also new just i got 2 order on my first month

15000 words for 5$! than ruses to $25!

But the $25 was for a completely different service to the one being offered in the gig.

The $25 may have been the seller’s way of indicating they weren’t happy to do what was being asked of them unless they were paid much more. It possibly also enabled them to decline the buyer’s request but without giving a straight out ‘no’ to them?