Fiverr Community Forum

How to get rid of the Mek-Sel mentality (STEPS TO BECOME A DOER AND SCORE YOUR FIRST SALE)

I was wondering if she was the one who coined the term.

Thanks for doing the research I was too lazy to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In addition to what @Woofy31 and @pacquo said, the “sell” part of “mek sell” comes from all the newbies asking how to make “sells” instead of “sales”.

3 Likes

This meaning of this thread was for educational purposes that are meant for newbies. The idea was not to make you laugh, nor mock or humiliate someone. I learned that some people found this thread offensive, I can’t see why, and that’s the reason for adding this disclaimer.

Ok but remember not to cross the line please. :eyes:

I am stating my point. You edited your message which said, “sure it was”. I get the point, and I know that you want everyone to be treated equally. Which is fair.

However, this thread was for educational purposes without any background.

1 Like

Again, my personal opinion, this thread was a good one.

You are actually trying to educate people.

People who are probably never going to read your content, but still.

The fact that we joked around a bit on this thread, does not mean you need to create spin-offs like that other one, whose sole purpose was making fun of others.

Besides, my favorite pastime is replying to meksells. Please don’t take that away from me.

3 Likes

I am out of likes, Frank, so here it is in an emoji form :+1:

2 Likes

Its hard, but hoping to get some good work, hope we had quality buyer requests.
They some times annoy

Great summation of valuable points!

1 Like

Just saw this and I have to agree 100%. That is the best definition of Mek Sel ever

2 Likes

Ahhhhh you mean there is no easy button!!!

I clicked on it, but the button doesn’t work. Please fix it.

3 Likes

These are good tips but will the ones who need them read this? Part of the problem is lack of reading.

2 Likes