How To Get Your First Order On Fiverr

bluepenn

You probably have noticed that Fiverr is now loaded with hundreds of sellers, so it is quite tricky for new sellers to get their first order on fiverr. However, if you’re struggling to get orders to crank up your business, next few paragraphs will show you the ways you can make more sales on fiverr. So let’s go ahead and keep reading.

Choose a Nice Gig Picture

First of all, make sure you are using an eye catching photo for your gig. Well, you know that usually buyers search for a gig at a turbo speed. Do you know what makes them stop? A nice photo. When a buyer comes across an eye-catching photo they just take a break and see what’s going on there. So, use an eye-ball catching photo for your gig. Only a photo can bring you enough orders.

Where do you get one?
Ask Google for a photo, and then download it. Well, job is not finish here. Now go to the playstore and download a photo editor app. Then edit the photo and make it more gorgeous.

Google Keyword research

Time to mess with SEO stuff. Just use Google keyword finder and make use of them in your title. In addition, you can check out some top rated sellers gigs to know which keywords made the wonder for their business.

Gig Description

Description is one among the most important things to crank up your fiverr business. Invest your hours to write a best description that converts visitors into clients.

How to write a best one? Check out the following suggestions.

1. Find out a top rated seller and a level 1 seller.
  2. Spend your minutes to find out the differences between their gigs.
  3. Here is the key. Find out what mistakes they have made and take full advantages of their mistakes. Remember, Do Not Copy And Paste.
  4. Finally, make use of some promising lines at the bottom of your gig description. You will surely be surprised at the result of using promising lines.

However, you can also check out my gig to find out what mistakes I’ve made. PLEASE let me know if you find any mistakes in my gig’s description.

So now you know it, how to get first order on fiverr. Remember starting fiverr business is always an uphill task. So never say never, just keep calm and go on.

Just would like to add that using a photo from Google is NOT a good idea because it’s against Fiverr ToS (Terms of Service, aka rules) to use something to which you don’t have the rights. You can create something yourself (photoshop editors and logo designers definitely should as, as it is a form of advertisement!) or ask another seller here to create something for you. Or, you can use something in the public domain. I would agree with the suggestion that editing a photo (public domain photo, that is!) would help make your gigs pop.

The rest of your tips seem reasonable. Just remember to stay within the ToS!

Guest bridgetcontent

@myskillsforsale I don’t think you tried t o decode what Fiverr meant by not using what you don’t own the rights.

Here’s the quick analysis;
Downloading a picture from google is free except water marked pictures… So directly or indirectly, you own the right…

Okay, wait a minute, what if I purchase a stock image from gettyimage, dollarphotclub or other premium images website, does it mean I can’t use the image too cause I don’t own it myself? Please try to digest what Fiverr TOS is driving at there.

Hope you get that

Cheers 🙂

I would argue that you should only use items which are explicitly produce by YOU or purchased from others with rights to use or found online through free-use platforms like creative commons.

Sure, there ARE pictures you can find online through major search engines like Google that are free use, but you have to do some digging to make sure they are in the public domain. The really nice options that you REALLY like are probably from a professional photographer, artist, company, etc. and while they aren’t explicitly marked with a watermark, it is not a good idea to use them. In fact, I would consider it unprofessional to just download an image and assume it is acceptable to use it.

I, personally, either create a photo or use items explicitly marked as free-use/public domain for my gigs because I don’t want to get in trouble for using an item to which I don’t own the rights.

If you purchase a Getty Image or something similar, I’d assume you have purchased the rights to use it, so that’s fine. If you remove a watermark from a photo yourself without permission, that’s not acceptable. Generally, purchasing things give you the right to use them.

Does that help clear things up for you?
–MSFS

“Ask Google for a photo, and then download it. Well, job is not finish here. Now go to the playstore and download a photo editor app. Then edit the photo and make it more gorgeous.” I think that the fact of downloading and then editing a photo makes you the author of the new photo, because you created the new file. hope you get it. I think that the autor its right and i believe that its not against fiverr. Cheers

Well that’s a good article but there is still a problem. To be a seller they ask you stuff about university and college and degrees. We are a teen couple which loves technology. We hoped that fiverr was a good idea to practise our skills but as i saw, it isn’t that easy. You have to be famous with certifications and degrees and the only think we have is passion. What do you think? Is it easy to have even one request?

Very well explained procedure to get your first order on fiverr, and these are really helpful, even I have used the similar ways to get my first order.
I think Gig description, keywords and the pictures are the most important part.

Archived