How to improve/promote my Gig?

sabinespoems

Hey everybody! 😃

I started my Fiverr account focusing on poetry writing not too long ago, but I’ve hit a bit of a wall. My impressions are alright (clicks not so much) and I’m receiving no orders. I’m aware this is a bit of a niche market not many people are looking for on a daily basis. I’m also not the only one facing this issue in general of course. However, I’m always keen to keep learning & improving, hence why I’m asking you guys for help! The questions I have are as follows:

• Is the setup of my Gig good enough? Are there any things I should or could change?
  • I’ve also read that as a New Seller, you should use all 5 Gigs for your services. Should I do this? If so, do you have any tips for a Gig about poetry that I could add?
  • I’m unsure about my package offerings. I’ve researched my ‘competitors’ and implemented that into mine. I’ve tried to improve my competitive advantage when it comes to price and services, but I’m unsure if it’s reasonable and enough to make people choose me.
  • How can I get my response rate up if I’m not getting any messages?
  • Lastly, I’ve read a lot about promoting your Gig to increase traffic. The problem is I have no channels to do this (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Do you guys have any tips to promote a Gig when you can’t use such social media?

I’m sorry this was a lot of text, but I appreciate it so so much if you took the time reading this! If you have a tip on just one of my questions I would already be over the moon 😇 I’ve included a link to my Gig so suggestions can be made:

My Gig

Thank you in advance & stay safe everybody ❤️

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 36 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Concerning your gigs, is there a reason you changed the subtitle style halfway though the video? Honestly, it makes the video look stolen, which in turn makes you look untrustworthy.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 36 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Concerning your gigs, is there a reason you changed the subtitle style halfway though the video? Honestly, it makes the video look stolen, which in turn makes you look untrustworthy.

You only have 36 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips , even among the top threads.)

@imagination7413 Thank you & thank you for the tips category! I’ll definitely go through it 😃 How were you able to see my read-time btw? Because that says more about when people do click. In short, time to start planning haha.

I actually didn’t make the video but paid someone on Fiverr to do so 😕 I didn’t think it would come across as untrustworthy tbh! So your advice would be to get a new video (since I can’t make it myself unfortunately)?

You only have 36 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips , even among the top threads.)

@imagination7413 Thank you & thank you for the tips category! I’ll definitely go through it 😃 How were you able to see my read-time btw? Because that says more about when people do click. In short, time to start planning haha.

I actually didn’t make the video but paid someone on Fiverr to do so 😕 I didn’t think it would come across as untrustworthy tbh! So your advice would be to get a new video (since I can’t make it myself unfortunately)?

How long ago did you have it made, and were revisions included in the package you bought? You might be able to request a revision with the Seller. Depends on their gig page and your contract with them. If they stole the video, that’s another problem entirely, but again, depends on the wording of their gig and the quality of their samples.

How long ago did you have it made, and were revisions included in the package you bought? You might be able to request a revision with the Seller. Depends on their gig page and your contract with them. If they stole the video, that’s another problem entirely, but again, depends on the wording of their gig and the quality of their samples.

It was completed on February 19th, so I think it’s a bit too late to ask for a revision (originally unlimited revisions were included). The Seller has a lot of reviews and I don’t think he stole the video, because the text and everything are based on my profile. I don’t mind paying for another video with a different Seller to improve my Gig (spend money to make money right 🤓), but do you have tips for instructions I could give to make the best video so I don’t make the same mistake again? Sorry if I’m asking too much haha, I’m just very new to the Gig video world! 😅

It was completed on February 19th, so I think it’s a bit too late to ask for a revision (originally unlimited revisions were included). The Seller has a lot of reviews and I don’t think he stole the video, because the text and everything are based on my profile. I don’t mind paying for another video with a different Seller to improve my Gig (spend money to make money right 🤓), but do you have tips for instructions I could give to make the best video so I don’t make the same mistake again? Sorry if I’m asking too much haha, I’m just very new to the Gig video world! 😅

February 19th

Might be worth asking the Seller. Unlimited means unlimited.

Fiverr ToS:

• Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

The Seller has a lot of reviews and I don’t think he stole the video, because the text and everything are based on my profile.

That… really doesn’t guarantee anything. You’re not the only one offering such a service, which is also why I suspect it’s stolen.

Okay, I followed your ‘reviews as Buyer’ and frankly, that’s… What you got was on-par with their samples, but in said sample they’re also breaking the ToS. (Fiverr Sends A Lot Of Mixed Messages) They’re end logo animation also does not match the tone of the rest of the video. Bunch of very nice video footage, but if you ignore the footage and music (mute video), the transitions are ‘default’ (crossfade, peel, peel, none, none, …none/glitch?) and the words just appear (very odd and random timing) plus they’re grammatically/structurally poor.

Your own video has good footage, but using the same ‘ignore and mute’ analysis: transitions (crossfade, fade out/in black, crossfade, diagonal faded, crossfade, wavy blur, fade to white?).

image.jpg.da9170c358d0becb0e3664c2a8d97adb.jpg
image498×596 69.7 KB

Red text on black (hard to read), solid black box (what made me suspicious), the words are cut up in odd spots (as poets, we both know how important line-breaks are), font inconsistency, font mismatch.

The video itself freezes for a full second at 58 seconds in, the black boxes in the first part just appear as opposed to the latter half where they fade in, left-to-right, with a pretty little wavy GIF below them.

In conclusion: For a $5 video, what you got was quite nice. (Possibly too nice, thus why I suspect stolen.)

February 19th

Might be worth asking the Seller. Unlimited means unlimited.

Fiverr ToS:

• Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

The Seller has a lot of reviews and I don’t think he stole the video, because the text and everything are based on my profile.

That… really doesn’t guarantee anything. You’re not the only one offering such a service, which is also why I suspect it’s stolen.

Okay, I followed your ‘reviews as Buyer’ and frankly, that’s… What you got was on-par with their samples, but in said sample they’re also breaking the ToS. (Fiverr Sends A Lot Of Mixed Messages) They’re end logo animation also does not match the tone of the rest of the video. Bunch of very nice video footage, but if you ignore the footage and music (mute video), the transitions are ‘default’ (crossfade, peel, peel, none, none, …none/glitch?) and the words just appear (very odd and random timing) plus they’re grammatically/structurally poor.

Your own video has good footage, but using the same ‘ignore and mute’ analysis: transitions (crossfade, fade out/in black, crossfade, diagonal faded, crossfade, wavy blur, fade to white?).

Red text on black (hard to read), solid black box (what made me suspicious), the words are cut up in odd spots (as poets, we both know how important line-breaks are), font inconsistency, font mismatch.

The video itself freezes for a full second at 58 seconds in, the black boxes in the first part just appear as opposed to the latter half where they fade in, left-to-right, with a pretty little wavy GIF below them.

In conclusion: For a $5 video, what you got was quite nice. (Possibly too nice, thus why I suspect stolen.)

After reading your remarks summed up I realized it kind of confirmed my gut feeling about the video not being good enough (especially the text & its transitions). I think I rushed into it due to my enthusiasm of having a visual aid to improve my Gig. I decided to delete the video and go back to the previous thumbnail I had. You gave me enough food for thought and when (or more if) I dive into another video project your feedback definitely helped me to make sure I get a better one. Or I might just try to do it myself to save me the hassle haha. Thank you for the time and effort you’ve put in helping as well as explaining it all!! 💗

Archived