Fiverr Community Forum

How to know scammers?

Hi everyone, as a still new seller I would like to learn from your expériences please about how to identify scammers as customers.
Can we really trust order frow unknown account like no profile picture, no informations apart his country, no review?
And what are the kind of scam customers can do here?
Please thank you for answering !!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please see:
. Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers
. Hoist the red flags
. Signs Of a Scammer
. Stand Your Ground: Setting Boundaries as a Seller
. https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=scammer%20%23Fiverr-Tips

6 Likes

At first, visit his/her profile.

1. Country and current time won’t be a match
  2. No profile pic
  3. Look like an unprofessional account.
  4. or maybe he/she is a seller.
    Thank you
2 Likes

Nobody knows Who is the scammers , it Does not Matter maybe For Safety purpose buyer didn’t upload his/her profile picture. Don’t Afraid , Be Strong And Focus On your Order

1 Like

There are some obvious signs that someone is a “scammer” mainly being disingenuous or outside the normal proceedings with their requests. It also depends what you mean by scammer, some people have less morals and are able to take advantage of people and situations for their gain. Some people would even argue that chargebacks (when done for personal again) is another form of scamming/fraud, in these cases it is almost impossible to tell until it is too late. Best word of advice, be vigilant, do not do anything that you feel uncomfortable doing and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

2 Likes

Absolutely disagree - my best buyers ever doesn’t have profile picture, there is almost zero information about them - I mean account is not unprofessional, it’s almost empty, and some of them are sellers and buyers at the same time

1 Like

I agree but the opposite as well can also be true. I have had customers who appear to be genuine with all the signs, top buyer, bio, picture, reviews etc yet the customer decided to go down a path of fraud. Sometimes these things just happen and it is part of life.

2 Likes

Repulsive behavior or asking to do a preview or a sample and also you will deal worse people worse than scammers you will get frustration while working with them but you will gain experience freelancing can be painful when its come to those type of buyers but it’s us to take that in positive way and move on and on.

1 Like

I met a scamer about a year ago, when I was a beginner - he had a great profile, great reviews as a buyer, and he was very friendly, told that he was happy with the results of my work, but he simply stole my time and money.

At the same time, sometimes I get messages like “please do a free sample, and we will make a big order”, or “let’s work outside of this, because we both have to pay high fee here”. And people can have profile picture or not, can have many reviews, or no reviews at all. Sometimes it’s just impossible to detect a scamer. We should listen to what we feel, also sometimes there are big rad flags - it all comes with experience and time

1 Like

Thank you so much for share this.

1 Like