How to leave negative feedback for seller who requested cancellation

motiv8d1

I created and URGENT simple logo project here [link is visible only to buyer so link removed]
After over 24 hours later the seller now requests to cancel the project. I am concerned if I accept this, I will not be able to leave negative feedback to warn others. Could someone please advise the ramifications of ACCEPTING or DENYING this seller cancellation request?

The background is:
A drawing of the required logo was included and detailed instructions of what we required was posted as a fiverr project. ************* bid on this.

Before contracting the seller bidder I had this discussion:

Me: I am online for 2 hours. Do you think you would be able to do it during this time while I can give feedback directly?
*************: Yeah sure why not. i will be always available during this time.
Me: Ok then. Sounds great. This is the first time I have used fiverr. I will ‘order’ it now and we can work on it now 🙂

My expectation was thus it would be completed within the 2 hours AND there would be a feedback loop in the process to ensure it was as required.
I accepted and immediately made the payments and then advised him:

Me: Ok. I think that payment etc has gone through.
Me: What will you be doing the work in? 19:51 MARCH 02, 2017 (GMT+8)

At 21:04 he sent a selection of basic logos he had done that were nothing like the drawing I had showed, and asked to me “select on of these”. WTF?
I replied at 21:14

Me: Have you looked at what I sent?

His reply:

*************: Yes i saw it. Just relaxed yourself because i will satisfied you by making unique and excellent logo for you

He had not given any meaningful communications to me at almost 2 hours so I asked:

*************: Yes i saw it. Just relaxed yourself because i will satisfied you by making unique and excellent logo for you 21:20 MARCH 02, 2017

Me: I am going to bed soon, have you got draft to show me? 21:34
*************: What drafts?
Me: If you had anything to show me so I can let you know if you on the right track before you waste time.
But now I go to bed 22:23
*************: Good Night !! i will send you when i am finished with it Thank you 🙂 22:28

When I say his reply in the morning I was very disappointed so I said:
Me: Ok, but I am a bit disappointed as I had hoped this would have been done sooner due to our conversation which resulted in me placing the order:
Me: I am online for 2 hours. Do you think you would be able to do it during this time while I can give feedback directly?
Me: Ok then. Sounds great. This is the first time I have used fiverr. I will ‘order’ it now and we can work on it now 🙂

Just to be clear also all rights to the files and logos remain with me and permission is not given to use these logos anywhere else or in any promotion or portfolio for yourself or anyone else. 07:24

He then blamed “net speed” for his problem. Since when does a logo designer need to use an online graphics program?

*************: Some ppersonall issues occured this roblem. Sorry sir the net speed were too less so i couldnt complete it. But i will DO IT today Thanks. 10:51

Me:Hi. Ok, can you let me know when you will be able to provide your first revision as soon as possible and then I can review and make an suggestions early before you advance too far. Thanks 10:56

Then no reply until 15:33 when he provides a crappy logo as a completed project!, and not according to our drawing, and as a JPG, when a vector was specifically requested and his profile shows:
Graphic Designer - pro
Logo Design - pro
His bid stated: Design unique and creative logo in 12 hrs (although by prior conversation he had agreed to 2)
design Unique and Creative Logo in 12 hrs

1 Logo Included
Include Source File
Logo Transparency
Printable Resolution File
Include 3D Mockup
Include Stationery Designs
Include Social Media Kit
Vector File
unlimited Revisions
Hello, I can do your task, I am sure about this and 100% confident. *24 hrs delivery. Money Back Guarantee. Customer Satisfaction. Unique and Original Work will be done for your project. Please let me know further about your requirements I am sure i will be your best option Feel free to contact or Place your ORDER now

So a crappy jpg, that is not like what we requested doesnt cut it!
I replied as soon as I saw his pathetic jpg

Me: Hi. This is really nothing like we wanted.
The font is really too plain and does not convey ‘ecological’ in the font.
The image is way too tall. It needs to be more oval and the two countries need to be the principal part of it, not the tree.
There are ZERΟ tree roots reaching under the countries.
The tree is a beach palm, not a jungle palm.
It appears you have not read the requirements.
After waiting so long for this I am disappointed. 17:29

His reply came back in 3 mins
*************: Sory sir dont be disappoint i will made another logo for you soon. 17:32

The next communications are only from me
Me: Your idea of soon is not my idea of soon. It is now 2 hours since revision. 😕 20:40
Me: I am going to bed soon. Have you something to show me yet? 21:57

Then I awake today to this:

ORDER DISPUTE
************* stated the issue is:
I’m not able to do this job
*************: Sory sir due to some personall issues i cannot complete your order. Sorry again.
************* would like to cancel this order.
You need to accept or decline within the next 48 hours.

I have posted this topic prior to accepting or denying this request.

I want to leave very negative feedback for ******** person. How can I do this?

How can I get all monies back including any fiverr fees?

Thankyou

**Mod Note: Users may not post the usernames of buyers or sellers they are working with, so your post was edited. Please read the forum rules.

☑️See Forum Rules. For help from Fiverr staff, please contact Customer Support.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can’t leave a negative feedback and get your money back. So if you want to have your money back you can better accept the cancellation.

However, I find it rather amusing. These $5 “Pro-gigs” are for soccer moms and not for serious business owners.

Thankyou so much for your condescension.

It is actually a humanitarian startup with very limited capital to help those in Africa.

But sure if you want only well funded people to be humanitarians, you make think whatever you like.

Work in a vector program does not require a degree in computer science.

The logo was quite simple and I will probably do it myself now, however, as my time is very limited in attempting to get this humanitarian project running, I hoped to delegate this to someone that could do the work.

Is there not quality checks on someone calling themselves a pro on fiverr?

Why is there not provision to report a users work that is so clearly not “pro” standard, misses deadlines, and does not remotely provide that which was requested, eg: jpg instead of vector file.

Perhaps this seller, whos name has been replaced with ****************, does not even know what vector applications are? It would certainly fit with the supplied jpg.

And if that is the case, then he should not be allowed by fiver to advertise as he did for the job:

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include 3D Mockup

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

This is my first experience with fiverr and so far it seems way too easy for sellers to abuse it.

I presume then if I accepted the offer from the seller to cancel, then the job is returned to the queue and there is no black marks against the seller, despite the above obvious problems from him.

If I decline. I presume then that I can force him to complete the work as requested?

And if he does nothing that the project will automatically close with the work being uncompleted at least leaving a bad mark for him.

Can someone please clarify the sequence of options for these scenarios? Thanks

Really, forget it as a bad experience and move on. There are plenty of great sellers on Fiverr, I am sure you will be able to find one that meets your expectations. Had that not been the case, Fiverr wouldn’t be such a successful company. Sellers that abuse the platform don’t last long, you can trust me on that.

Thankyou so much for your condescension.

It is actually a humanitarian startup with very limited capital to help those in Africa.

But sure if you want only well funded people to be humanitarians, you make think whatever you like.

Work in a vector program does not require a degree in computer science.

The logo was quite simple and I will probably do it myself now, however, as my time is very limited in attempting to get this humanitarian project running, I hoped to delegate this to someone that could do the work.

Is there not quality checks on someone calling themselves a pro on fiverr?

Why is there not provision to report a users work that is so clearly not “pro” standard, misses deadlines, and does not remotely provide that which was requested, eg: jpg instead of vector file.

Perhaps this seller, whos name has been replaced with ****************, does not even know what vector applications are? It would certainly fit with the supplied jpg.

And if that is the case, then he should not be allowed by fiver to advertise as he did for the job:

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include 3D Mockup

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

This is my first experience with fiverr and so far it seems way too easy for sellers to abuse it.

I presume then if I accepted the offer from the seller to cancel, then the job is returned to the queue and there is no black marks against the seller, despite the above obvious problems from him.

If I decline. I presume then that I can force him to complete the work as requested?

And if he does nothing that the project will automatically close with the work being uncompleted at least leaving a bad mark for him.

Can someone please clarify the sequence of options for these scenarios? Thanks

With all due respect to your project, but as the saying goes ‘you get what you pay for’.

Of course this doesn’t take away that the seller should be able to deliver what he/she promises. Alas, there are a lot of sellers who think that Fiverr is a gold mine where they can place whatever they please to make a fast buck.

I totally agree that Fiverr shouldn’t let anybody in and this subject is discussed here on the forum a lot in the past. There should be a kind of an IQ or skill test before anybody is allowed to create an account.

Back to your question: if you don’t agree with the cancellation or reject it the seller will run out of time and he gets an automated feedback saying “Ordere cancelled. Seller failed to deliver on time.” (As far as I’m aware of).

I haven’t read all your forum post but I think you just want to ask if you can leave feedback if you cancel?

If you cancel, you can’t leave public feedback, but I understand you will be asked to leave private feedback that goes to Fiverr. Fiverr will probably do nothing with this until the seller has a number of black marks against them, though they may already have this.

Really, forget it as a bad experience and move on. There are plenty of great sellers on Fiverr, I am sure you will be able to find one that meets your expectations. Had that not been the case, Fiverr wouldn’t be such a successful company. Sellers that abuse the platform don’t last long, you can trust me on that.

Thankyou for your reply

It is a bad experience. Yes of course. It is however, 100% of my experience so far!

If it just forget it and move on, then this seller continues to abuse buyers as he has done.

It seems that fiverr is set up in a way to easily allow this abuse. Thus your comment to just move one just perpetuates what seems like an already broken system.

"sellers that abuse the platform don’t last long"

When they can just cancel projects like this and exploit the glaringly obvious loopholes, and people say just to move on, I see no reason to expect that such sellers will not last long.

I have been reading through others experience and it seems that mine is not unusual. This itself goes against your claim.

Why will someone not answer my “specific” questions?

I haven’t read all your forum post but I think you just want to ask if you can leave feedback if you cancel?

If you cancel, you can’t leave public feedback, but I understand you will be asked to leave private feedback that goes to Fiverr. Fiverr will probably do nothing with this until the seller has a number of black marks against them, though they may already have this.

Thanks for your clarification

“I haven’t read all your forum post but I think you just want to ask if you can leave feedback if you cancel?

If you cancel, you can’t leave public feedback, but I understand you will be asked to leave private feedback that goes to Fiverr. Fiverr will probably do nothing with this until the seller has a number of black marks against them, though they may already have this.”

It is however, the opposite, the seller has requested cancellation. I expect due to his expectation that there will be negative feedback left.

If I accept this, do I still get much opportunity to leave feedback?

Or am I better declining this, forcing him to complete the project properly, and then leave public feedback for the protection of others?

Thanks for your clarification

“I haven’t read all your forum post but I think you just want to ask if you can leave feedback if you cancel?

If you cancel, you can’t leave public feedback, but I understand you will be asked to leave private feedback that goes to Fiverr. Fiverr will probably do nothing with this until the seller has a number of black marks against them, though they may already have this.”

It is however, the opposite, the seller has requested cancellation. I expect due to his expectation that there will be negative feedback left.

Or am I better declining this, forcing him to complete the project properly, and then leave public feedback for the protection of others?

If you accept it you can get your money back to spend on a seller who will hopefully give you what you want.

If you don’t accept it and try to force him to complete it you waste your time, lose the money, and get to have revenge, also known as “warning others”.

Personally I would want my money back so I could move on and find a great seller I would be happy with. I like to put bad experiences behind me as fast as possible.

As several people have already told you, you can’t leave feedback if you get a refund.

If the seller requested cancellation it means that for whatever reason he cannot do the job. Take the money and move on.

If you accept it you can get your money back to spend on a seller who will hopefully give you what you want.

If you don’t accept it and try to force him to complete it you waste your time, lose the money, and get to have revenge, also known as “warning others”.

Personally I would want my money back so I could move on and find a great seller I would be happy with. I like to put bad experiences behind me as fast as possible.

As several people have already told you, you can’t leave feedback if you get a refund.

If the seller requested cancellation it means that for whatever reason he cannot do the job. Take the money and move on.

You are impugning an entirely wrong motive of “revenge”.

If fiverr is such a difficult place to ensure reliable process execution, and I cannot get my money back except to potentially “waste” on another of these loser sellers, then why even get my money back?

If people in this world actually stood up for what is right instead of thinking so selfishly it would be a much better place.

I am prepared to make a small sacrifice to at least help others.

What please is the specific process resulting from denying a cancellation request from a seller in regards to subsequent completion of the project and feedback?

You are impugning an entirely wrong motive of “revenge”.

If fiverr is such a difficult place to ensure reliable process execution, and I cannot get my money back except to potentially “waste” on another of these loser sellers, then why even get my money back?

If people in this world actually stood up for what is right instead of thinking so selfishly it would be a much better place.

I am prepared to make a small sacrifice to at least help others.

What please is the specific process resulting from denying a cancellation request from a seller in regards to subsequent completion of the project and feedback?

Well you already know he can’t do what you want so why force him to keep working for you when he does not want to continue? Is he your slave laborer working for you against his will? He can’t do it and is trying to give your money back.

There is quite an array of what you can get for $5 here. Unfortunately since no seller is ever vetted, meaning anyone can sign up, incompetence is quite common at the $5 price point. I’m not excusing it, it’s just very common here. I think that’s why they have such a quick refund system… as in, it’s quite easy for you to get your money back and try to shoot your five bucks somewhere else. as a previous poster noted, sellers that continually underperform don’t last here, and I’m sorry you dealt with a crappy one your first go. sucks for everyone. makes dedicated sellers look bad, some guy wasted his time on work he was never capable of doing, and you are out time and money.
again, unfortunate for us all, but very much a reality on a daily basis with such a vast marketplace.

to add, and to give you some hope for what it’s worth, there ARE good sellers out there that honestly put their everything into this 365 days a year-- and i hope you give someone else a chance in the future. maybe not for logo design though since it might be a bit of a sore spot at the moment lol

Thinking what a market place means in the first instance. Fiverr is fun and disappointing sometimes just that your first experience here on fiverr happens to be a bad one. This is just an experience that will make you have better way of screening sellers before placing order. You could just tell the seller to design a sample of your logo according to your description before you place your order. I will also advice you accept cancelation not to cover seller up really. Just that it’s still what makes fiverr a market place

Thinking what a market place means in the first instance. Fiverr is fun and disappointing sometimes just that your first experience here on fiverr happens to be a bad one. This is just an experience that will make you have better way of screening sellers before placing order. You could just tell the seller to design a sample of your logo according to your description before you place your order. I will also advice you accept cancelation not to cover seller up really. Just that it’s still what makes fiverr a market place

You could just tell the seller to design a sample of your logo according to your description before you place your order.

That’s asking the seller to work for free, on a platform where you can get a sample for as little as $5.

Guest offlinehelpers

I created and URGENT simple logo project here [link is visible only to buyer so link removed]

After over 24 hours later the seller now requests to cancel the project. I am concerned if I accept this, I will not be able to leave negative feedback to warn others. Could someone please advise the ramifications of ACCEPTING or DENYING this seller cancellation request?

The background is:

A drawing of the required logo was included and detailed instructions of what we required was posted as a fiverr project. ************* bid on this.

My expectation was thus it would be completed within the 2 hours AND there would be a feedback loop in the process to ensure it was as required.

At 21:04 he sent a selection of basic logos he had done that were nothing like the drawing I had showed, and asked to me “select on of these”. WTF?

His reply:

*************: Yes i saw it. Just relaxed yourself because i will satisfied you by making unique and excellent logo for you

He had not given any meaningful communications to me at almost 2 hours so I asked:

*************: Yes i saw it. Just relaxed yourself because i will satisfied you by making unique and excellent logo for you 21:20 MARCH 02, 2017

Me: If you had anything to show me so I can let you know if you on the right track before you waste time.

*************: Good Night !! i will send you when i am finished with it Thank you 🙂 22:28

Me: Ok, but I am a bit disappointed as I had hoped this would have been done sooner due to our conversation which resulted in me placing the order:

Just to be clear also all rights to the files and logos remain with me and permission is not given to use these logos anywhere else or in any promotion or portfolio for yourself or anyone else. 07:24

He then blamed “net speed” for his problem. Since when does a logo designer need to use an online graphics program?

*************: Some ppersonall issues occured this roblem. Sorry sir the net speed were too less so i couldnt complete it. But i will DO IT today Thanks. 10:51

Me:Hi. Ok, can you let me know when you will be able to provide your first revision as soon as possible and then I can review and make an suggestions early before you advance too far. Thanks 10:56

Then no reply until 15:33 when he provides a crappy logo as a completed project!, and not according to our drawing, and as a JPG, when a vector was specifically requested and his profile shows:

Graphic Designer - pro

Logo Design - pro

His bid stated: Design unique and creative logo in 12 hrs (although by prior conversation he had agreed to 2)

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include 3D Mockup

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

Hello, I can do your task, I am sure about this and 100% confident. *24 hrs delivery. Money Back Guarantee. Customer Satisfaction. Unique and Original Work will be done for your project. Please let me know further about your requirements I am sure i will be your best option Feel free to contact or Place your ORDER now

The image is way too tall. It needs to be more oval and the two countries need to be the principal part of it, not the tree.

*************: Sory sir dont be disappoint i will made another logo for you soon. 17:32

Me: Your idea of soon is not my idea of soon. It is now 2 hours since revision. 😕 20:40

ORDER DISPUTE

*************: Sory sir due to some personall issues i cannot complete your order. Sorry again.

Thankyou

**Mod Note: Users may not post the usernames of buyers or sellers they are working with, so your post was edited. Please read the forum rules.

☑️See . For help from Fiverr staff, please contact

I’m sorry you’ve had such a negative experience.

Did you really think you were going to get all this:

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Printable Resolution File Include 3D Mockup

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

in 2 hours for $5, and you want to cancel and leave a negative review?

Wow - and I thought I was hard on my sellers.

Maybe when you look for a seller the next time, you’ll realise that your expectations need to be a bit more realistic?

Good luck finding what you want!

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

Maybe when you look for a seller the next time, you’ll realise that your expectations need to be a bit more realistic?

Hey, don’t crucify her for placing order on what a seller personally put in his /her gig description. It’s super you don’t provide service on what you can not offer lol… 😣

Guest offlinehelpers

Hey, don’t crucify her for placing order on what a seller personally put in his /her gig description. It’s super you don’t provide service on what you can not offer lol… 😣

It’s super you don’t provide service on what you can not offer lo

I’m sorry - I’m not quite sure what you mean by this?

The background is:

His reply:

Graphic Designer - pro

Logo Design - pro

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include 3D Mockup

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

ORDER DISPUTE

Thankyou

☑️See Forum Rules. For help from Fiverr staff, please contact Customer Support.

does a logo designer need to use an online graphics program?

Nope.But probably for those who do cookies copy/paste from google.

Sory sir dont be disappoint i will made another logo for you soon

It makes me laugh.How confidently he was consoling you for giving you,your required logo hahaha.

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

Hi offlinehelpers

I did not expect all this. I expected the logo drawn as a vector and the vector file supplied as I had clearly specified in the project description and according specifically to the hand drawn logo I had supplied as a picture with the initial project.

It did not require amazing design skills, the design was already there.

It required obtaining a vector of Australia, Congo, a palm tree and two words in an oval shape. Or perhaps a bitmap and then a quick trace of these to make a vector. Then some adjustments to the leaves and drawing some simple roots.

For someone claiming a “Bsc - Software Engineering COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan, 2015 - 2017” and “Pro” Graphics and Logo skills this is a trivial task.

If people are allowed to post completely fake credentials on here and nothing happens when they are clearly caught out, it’s not a good place for buyers.

And honest sellers should not be defending this **************** either as ultimately it will negatively effect the platform and in turn their own business.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi offlinehelpers

I did not expect all this. I expected the logo drawn as a vector and the vector file supplied as I had clearly specified in the project description and according specifically to the hand drawn logo I had supplied as a picture with the initial project.

It did not require amazing design skills, the design was already there.

It required obtaining a vector of Australia, Congo, a palm tree and two words in an oval shape. Or perhaps a bitmap and then a quick trace of these to make a vector. Then some adjustments to the leaves and drawing some simple roots.

For someone claiming a “Bsc - Software Engineering COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan, 2015 - 2017” and “Pro” Graphics and Logo skills this is a trivial task.

If people are allowed to post completely fake credentials on here and nothing happens when they are clearly caught out, it’s not a good place for buyers.

And honest sellers should not be defending this **************** either as ultimately it will negatively effect the platform and in turn their own business.

Please don’t get me wrong - I’m not defending poor sellers at all - quite the reverse!

The fact that they were offering (supposedly) so much for such a small amount of money and time would have been a red flag to me as a buyer. I’m surprised they didn’t throw their first born in as a bonus.

Their pitch smacked of desperation to be honest.

I really do hope you find a good seller to do what you want, within your budget. Please note that the minimum time expected for any gig is 24 hours. If you get a delivery in less than that, it’s great, but not to be expected.

Well you already know he can’t do what you want so why force him to keep working for you when he does not want to continue? Is he your slave laborer working for you against his will? He can’t do it and is trying to give your money back.

Hi misscrystal

Well if he was honest and actually told me that instead of blaming the net and continuing to claim he does good work then I would probably feel differently. However, he has dragged this agreed 2hr job on for ages then provides some shitty jpg that looks like it was done in MS Paint.

There should be opportunity to leave feedback regardless. For someone with a claimed Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree I would expect him to know what a vector file was.

If he does not then his gig page is full of lies and he should be pulled up on it.

We are unable even to name vendors in the forum here, so it is quite insular for those who want to abuse the system it seems.

Hi misscrystal

Well if he was honest and actually told me that instead of blaming the net and continuing to claim he does good work then I would probably feel differently. However, he has dragged this agreed 2hr job on for ages then provides some shitty jpg that looks like it was done in MS Paint.

There should be opportunity to leave feedback regardless. For someone with a claimed Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree I would expect him to know what a vector file was.

If he does not then his gig page is full of lies and he should be pulled up on it.

We are unable even to name vendors in the forum here, so it is quite insular for those who want to abuse the system it seems.

You can submit a ticket to Customer Support and report him.

Hi misscrystal

Well if he was honest and actually told me that instead of blaming the net and continuing to claim he does good work then I would probably feel differently. However, he has dragged this agreed 2hr job on for ages

I understand he is disgusting and awful. His profile and gig IS full of lies and he DID take ages already. You are bogged down with a total loser who is dragging you down every second you spend thinking about him, so cut your losses and leave as fast as possible and forget it.

This is a life lesson for you.

You will sometimes run into people like this and when you realize what you are dealing with you can quickly decide to get away from them, instead of wasting even MORE of your precious time with them, and find better people.

The fact that you want to name and shame him on the forum shows your motive is revenge. It’s making YOU into a loser to continue to think about it all this time and try to figure out what to do to him.

Be mature and wise instead of spending so much time still dwelling on this waste of time project of wanting to alert people who don’t really care.

I agree with Mila, I would also contact customer support. If you really insist on leaving feedback you should let the agent know.
If the seller initiated the cancellation he will most likely go through customer support anyways to have it cancelled if you keep declining.

Sorry about your bad experience. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Archived