How to make a buyer satisfy that his content is not going to leak

bigbrains

but for that, I will have to send him/her my personal details isn’t it against TOS

Yeah it is, sorry, just looked at some Forum post though, and it is against Fiverr’s TOS to reveal confidential info such as your clients book.

I’m always astonished when people come to fiverr with confidential stuff. If they want top secret security they should pay for it.

What I tell people like that is that their [whatever] is perfectly safe, Fiverr knows where I live and can be forced to disclose that information with a court order.

Added to which they’d ban me forever and I’d lose my income.

Try telling them that.

Just point them to this paragraph from Fiverr’s ToS:

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

And this one:

CONFIDENTIALITY

Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.

I’m always astonished when people come to fiverr with confidential stuff. If they want top secret security they should pay for it.

What I tell people like that is that their [whatever] is perfectly safe, Fiverr knows where I live and can be forced to disclose that information with a court order.

Added to which they’d ban me forever and I’d lose my income.

Try telling them that.

I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure I fully agree! Fiverr is just a marketplace. Like any walk of life, there are good and bad buyers and sellers. The good buyers and sellers will reach an agreement over trust and fee. That fee can of course be a very ‘healthy’ one in order to pay for a seller’s time, skills and experience.

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

And this one:

CONFIDENTIALITY

Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.

And this one:

CONFIDENTIALITY

Thanks a lot for this

Archived