Fiverr Forum

How to make a custom order (custom offer)?

Hi guys,

sorry for the question. I have not been here for about a year and now been contacted by an old customer. A year ago there used to be an option to create a custom order (really a custom offer) for the customer from the messaging board. Now I can´t find that anymore. Could someone please describe for me, how to make a custom order (custom offer) for a specific customer now?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

You can still create a custom offer via your inbox. You just need to go to the chat/conversation that you’ve had with the particular customer you wanna send the custom offer to and click on the “Create an Offer” button. You then have to just fill in the relevant details and click on the green-colored “Submit Offer” button to send the custom offer to the customer. Here’s a screenshot of where you can find the Create an Offer button:

When a seller sends an offer to a buyer, it’s called a “custom offer”.

When a buyer sends an offer to a seller, it’s called a “custom order”. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, hanshuber16! That looks still about the same I remember it. However, I don´t seem to have this button down there… ?f261de4a-e283-4241-b3fb-bec0e8fd3a20

Hmm… That’s odd.

I would suggest that you contact Fiverr’s Customer Support team. They can take up to 48 hours to respond.

Good luck! :snowflake:

Thanks! I´ve done this already. Maybe it´s an inactivation due to long absence or something like that.

Maybe I will have to unpause my gigs before I can make an offer? Currently searching for that.

Ok, I got it now. Everytime I come here I have to “unpause my gigs”, and everytime I´m struggling on how to do that. It´s unnerving. Now the button has shown up. Thanks again.

When I have a custom offer from a buyer by buyer request, then how may I proceed, please explain.

I didn’t really understand your question. Buyers do not send custom offers. It is the sellers who send them.

The offer that you send while responding to a buyer request (BR) is also a type of custom offer. If the buyer is interested in your BR offer, it is possible for them to directly accept it without contacting you via your inbox. When that happens, you get notified of an order and you can then start working on it by going to the order page. If, on the other hand, a buyer contacts you and either sends you a custom order or says that they are interested in working with you, you can send them a custom offer. I have already explained how to create a custom offer in post #2.

By the way, if you are looking for help on the forum, please create your own forum post (provided there are no pre-existing threads which already have the info. you’re looking for) instead of continuing in an old thread.