How to make Money on Fiverr - 10 Best Tips

ahmedqayyum10

If you want to know how to make money on Fiverr, here are my 10 best tips:

1. Over-deliver on your first handful of orders

Yes, as you are getting your profile established on Fiverr, you do have to take orders for $5. However, this only lasts a short time. The key is to get great feedback so that you show future buyers you are capable and competent. Go out of your way to get that positive feedback so that you can build your reputation and boost your profile. You’ll be able to set your rates higher in no time at all.

1. Don’t entertain potential buyers who give you a bad vibe right off the bat

If you think that they’ll be difficult to work with, you’re probably right. I made the mistake once of taking an order from a buyer who rejected my initial quote. Instead, he went ahead and placed a smaller order anyway, and then proceeded to leave me less than stellar feedback. I knew that he wasn’t going to be happy from the get-go, and unfortunately, I was right. Now I’m not afraid to decline and let people know if I don’t think we’re a good fit.

It isn’t worth it to stress yourself out over a single order. Just politely decline, and move on. There is always another buyer out there who is ready and willing to pay for quality service.

1. Always aim for Custom Orders

On a few of the gigs that I offer, I pretty much only work with custom offers. This means that I tell potential clients right in my gig description that they must contact me first for a quote. I can then review the project and give them my price. Obviously, you want custom offers because they pay you your desired rate.

1. Handle all correspondence professionally

This should go without saying, but you always want to handle correspondence on Fiverr in a professional manner, just as you would via email with other clients. For some reason, there are buyers and sellers who seem to carry themselves in a very unprofessional way, and I think a lot of that has to do with the anonymity that Fiverr allows. If you want to be taken seriously by great buyers, put your best face forward.

1. Set your rates as you would with any client

Fiverr is a platform to build your client base. Just because it’s called Fiverr, that does not mean that you have to work for only $5! Your goal is to make money as you would in any other situation, so maintain your freelancing rates and price accordingly. Remember that Fiverr gets a 20% cut, and factor that in when giving a buyer a quote.

1. Communicate with clients

The Fiverr platform makes it very easy to exchange messages with clients, which is great. I always ask buyers to give me as many details as possible, in terms of what they would like to see in the final result. Don’t be afraid to do a little back and forth to ensure that you and the buyer are on the same page, just as you would with any client. This will lead to a happy client, positive feedback, and hopefully a long-term business relationship!

1. Use client requests to come up with new gigs

As you start taking orders, you can find out what other types of related services your buyers are seeking. This will allow you to come up with new ideas that you can offer. Cross promoting your gigs will help you to boost sales, and you can become the go-to seller for buyers.

1. Use a real photo of yourself in your profile

Buyers have to weed through tons of gigs and profiles to find great sellers. I know, because I’ve spent too much time trying to find worthwhile sellers for myself, only to end up frustrated. You can help boost your profile by using an actual picture of yourself, rather than some random image, as many people do. When potential buyers can see the person behind the gig, it helps them to feel confident in their purchase.

1. If buyers leave good feedback, return the favor

Buyers have the opportunity to rate their experience once the order is completed. It is essential to gain positive feedback, because you get a percentage rating associated with your profile. Most people won’t even entertain sellers who have feedback lower than 95%, so you want to earn and maintain 100%. When a buyer leaves you feedback, be sure to return the favor and say something positive about them, as well. It can help bring in repeat orders in the future.

1. Have fun with it!

One of my favorite things about Fiverr is that I can come up with new gigs and tweak existing ones to maximize earnings while enjoying what I do. I truly love being able to help people with their website content, and I’ve been able to offer more related services to expand my business. I no longer think of myself as just a freelance writer, but also a content strategist, because I’m helping clients build and grow their sites with quality content. I am so glad that I gave Fiverr a chance and now have it as another useful tool in building my income.

Isn’t this a copy-paste? It must be–it’s miraculous how fluent you are in your OP, yet in the chat after, your English has fallen off a cliff and landed on jagged rocks.

Additional tip: don’t copy other people’s work and paste it without citations, especially if it’s obvious that you could never have written it. It’s a) bad manners b) will be spotted c) doesn’t get you tons of orders or whatever you’re hoping will come from this. Use your own experience to help others–and be sure that it is actually helpful advice that you can back up with experience!

These tips are good, but you stole them from someone else, and you’re ultimately being misleading. Business relies on a certain degree of transparency and trust–you’ve just wiped out your credibility.

So, there. Make 2016 the year you don’t make that mistake again!

Archived