How To Make More Fiverr Cash With A Social Media Strategy

edume

Greetings to all fellow fiverr members! I put together some very good information why you should use social media to bring in traffic to your gigs and benefit greatly. Now, this is not an overnight thing. It will take time and as long as you keep up to date with your social postings you’ll see more sales in your fiverr account. I’m also implementing this strategy. So, let’s get to it…

Remember that social media is not all about selling something but interaction. Many simply browse information to gain more knowledge and you should also do the same. Learning is lifelong and not limited to finishing University!

First, we want to join the most popular social media websites and they are: Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit. I know some will disagree and that ok but I researched this a lot. I did not include Youtube as we all know that Youtube also plays a role.

Facebook Facts:

• There are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook users
  • 47% of all Internet users are on Facebook
  • 4.5 billion likes are generated daily
  • Nearly 75% of Facebook’s revenue comes from mobile advertising

Twitter Facts:

• Twitter has 284 million active users at last count
  • 88% of Twitter users are on mobile
  • 500 million tweets per day

Google + Facts:

• Google+ cost over half a billion to design and develop
  • 363 million users
  • The +1 button is hit 5 billion times per day

Instagram Facts:

• Instagram has 300 million users
  • 70 million photos and videos are sent daily
  • 53% of internet users aged 18-29 use Instagram

Pinterest Facts:

• 80% of Internet users on Pinterest are female
  • 70 million users are on Pinterest
  • 88% purchase a product they pinned

Reddit Facts:

• 36 million users
  • 202 million monthly unique visitors
  • 7.86 billion monthly page views

I know I hear some people saying that it’s waste of time signing up for all this stuff and making posts, blah, blah, blah. Really? Look at those numbers. Imagine having a fraction of the views to your posts and videos. That will drive a lot of traffic to your fiverr gigs an in turn sales! All you need is to be original and a little bit fun. You cannot take all this too seriously and need to have a good attitude to interact with readers and people who make comments. It doesn’t matter if someone doesn’t like you or your service. Who cares! That’s one person and it’s virtual social media, it’s not real life. So don’t take it to heart.

The important thing is that you are creating a traffic stream to your gigs. Over time more and more people will visit your fiverr gigs and buy! I’ve also started to implement this strategy and I know it will work. You are getting your name or brand out there in the big world. Do it now!

I know we all waste time doing nothing but why not do something and make yourself stand out and make more revenue on fiverr! Remember, stay positive, turn the TV and the news off.

So, what are your thoughts? Let’s talk.

I wish all of you success in 2016 and beyond. Cheers!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello friend, Thank you for sharing your great ideas. I’m already working hard to get traffic on my gigs through the social media campaign. Although it is very time consuming work but if we could take an hour daily for marketing our services on social media then it really delivers the best result as I did it by joining google plus communities so it was amazing experience as getting targeted audience is much easy with google plus communities.

@vikastomar Thanks. it took some time to get accurate information for each website. The numbers in the article are the latest statistics. I’m also looking into the fact that one third of users on FB are Chinese. Even though China supposedly does not provide access to YT, FB, Twitter, mainly Chinese can access through different methods.

Interesting tips for social media. I’ve found it difficult to advertise well on social media, but I wasn’t particularly active on social media before Fiverr and I kind of wish I had been. I also have very diluted groups reading my posts. How would you recommend adding readers to your social media audience that care about the areas you sell in? Happy Holidays to you as well.

The problem what I come across a lot is that if people who are going on social media only for their commercial succes, they do it in a not so social way at all. I just saw a friend, who started his insurance business, doing this and suddenly posts on social media. Nobody cares about his !@#$

A great way to learn how to actually use social media in a succesfull way is having a look into Gary Vaynerchuck’s book 'Jib, Jib, Jib, Right Hook!'
This makes the approach less bold and unsuccessful.

Thank you so much for your great tips, sir! I hope I don’t sound silly, but I find it difficult to really promote yourself through social media because usually people see this way of promotion as spamm. For example, if I tweet 5 times/day about my gig I get unfollowers every single day, even if the text is much different. I think people kinda hate advertising and don’t pay much attention to it. So, how do we get clients’ attention when they avoid all of these promoting messages?

@mariokluser I have heard about Gary Vaynerchuck’s book. I reviewed a brief about the book and he also mentioned about the above social media that I mention as well as interaction rather than selling which is exactly what I mentioned above.

As we go forward the concept is all about telling your story, making friends no just selling. This is what we do for our corporate clients (not on fvierr) we tell their story, there’s no selling.

But, what I mention above is a strategy to help increase traffic and sales. I don’t mention anything about selling to viewers. Socializing requires maintenance almost daily. Over time, it pays off.

@anamariaedan We found in our research in the past year that you need to tweet 16 times a day (at different times) to prompt a response. It also depends are tweeting an offer to buy something or relevant information about something you are a part of. Selling via tweet doesn’t work and never will. It’s in the title, about interaction with the world and making social friends. Relevant information that relates to what you are involved with you business.

Encouraging people to post their gigs on social media is a practical thing to do. But you also have to keep in mind that about 98% of all social media users don’t have an existing following suitable to market commercial products to. And constantly posting “buy my gigs” type posts on social media is a sure-fire way to LOSE your social following. Friends aren’t going to buy from sellers here on Fiverr, and if so, certainly not enough to create a viable business. Most people are only connected to friends on social media. If you truly want to incorporate social media into a marketing campaign, you can’t be posting sales pitches to your friends.

You need to develop a non-friend social media base, and that requires a LOT more work than just having personal social media accounts.

Images can be uploaded to a point (a work in progress) but I don’t think a pdf can be. If it’s not hard to list the name of the online company a nd the name of the book, maybe I can find it.

If it’s difficult, no problem, I’ll also look at the one @mariokluser mentioned. Social Media promos are often recommended here as you know, but I think it’s hard to do right. Learning is they key, perhaps.

It’s all about online presence, brand awarness. Facebook indeed have billions of users, but the engagement is low, you wont get seen so much because of their news feed updates. Best for us is twitter. Follow a large number of companies and eventually send via pm our fiverr profile. I don`t do this, but it could work.

Have a great day!

@jonbaas I agree with you on certain points but as I’ve mentioned, it’s not a matter of ‘selling’ it’s the interaction of your involvement in your career or what you are doing.

You don’t go on social media and tell the world to buy your gigs, but build an interaction with people. Develop business and friendly relationships.

Once you develop yourself and people have confidence in who you are and your ability they will buy from you.

Of course another method is blogging, but I believe video blogging would be much more beneficial.

Become an affiliate to promote products through jvzoo, clickbank, clicksure, clickbetter. You send traffic from social media to your affiliate websites.

Buy traffic per click through Bing, not FB as it’s over saturated. We’ve tested Bing already and it’s much better than FB for click through rate and conversions. A little more expensive but you get what you pay for! It also depends what you are selling.

You need to have multiple streams of income, not just fiverr.

All the best.

Once again, though, most sellers here on Fiverr, are only connected to friends on social media. No matter how you choose to interact with those friends, they are not the ones that will be buying from you and driving your sales.

If a social media strategy is going to be successful, it needs to be interaction among potential customers, not the friends that you are already connected to.

In addition, encouraging sellers here on Fiverr to sign up for other paid advertising programs is not great targeted advice either. The vast majority of sellers here on Fiverr (the ones consistently posting about wanting more sales) do not have the available funds to engage in paid advertising.

I’m glad that you are sharing great marketing ideas, but you really do need to understand your audience here on the Fiverr forums if you wish to be offering advice that forum readers can actually put into action.

Sadly, Facebook specifically penalizes the organic reach of any unpaid advertising and promotion. Facebook does this in order to encourage users to purchase advertising on Facebook’s advertising platform. Facebook no longer supports free promotion for products and services that do not make money for Facebook.

Archived