Fiverr Forum

How to make sure a buyer places an order only after I confirm?

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am new to Fiverr. This platform is amazing. I am getting a lot of orders. Sometimes buyers are placing orders without discussing anything with me. I have a message in my gigs:

Note:

Send us a message before buying.

In spite of this note some are placing orders without discussing anything with me which is leading to unnecessary project cancellation. I am interested to know what other sellers are doing to handle this issue and what the Fiverr team suggests.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. I also mentioned same thing in the very first line of my gig description but few buyers place order directly because they either don’t read description or think that it will take lot of time if they contact and then place the order.

Write a note in the end of description

Note: Please contact before order something like this or whatever you want but tell them for contact before ordering gig.

Not possible, unfortunately!
I offer bonus for pre order messages but not a lot of buyer take the chance.

You can in the buyer’s requirements ask them to submit any files or information for the order to be completed successfully, seeing that you will have most buyer’s still ordering without contacting you. You can also change your description, outlining what exactly you offer. All the best.

I put in the requirements friendly message asking something like - hey, did you contact me first? :slight_smile: and after that I don’t get such unexpected orders, I hope it will stay this way.

you can do nothing, it’s fully depend on buyers.

I ALSO GET THE SAME PROBLEM THE PERSON ORDERED AND WENT AWAY AND NO MESSAGE BUT I MANAGED TO DO THE WORK THEY WANT TILL NOW :slight_smile:
YOU CAN KEEP USING MUTUAL CANCELLATION THING IT WILL MAKE YOUR RATING STABLE AS WELL