Fiverr Community Forum

How to manage 30+ orders in queue?

The people I’ve known who routinely manage queues of more than 20 orders routinely and successfully fall into about four categories:

• They hire a staff and have a team. The seller whose name is on the account maintains tight oversight but has a freelance team or a group of employees that does varied parts of the work. These are usually people who charge a fair amount or have queues in the hundreds because they have to find it worthwhile to have a group. Or-
  • They do something that they charge little for, do in bulk, and can do really fast. These kinds of sellers used to be common on Fiverr and might churn out tons of PLR, software-generated logos, software-generated traffic and so on. These take a risk since their products are supposed to be quantity over quality, so I don’t see these seller succeeding much anymore. Or-
  • They are similar to the group above in that they sell something that is mostly passive. A few people used to do well at this by becoming TRS in the early days of Fiverr and then they would raise prices on their main gig and have a dozen other gigs selling their own e-books, video tutorials or courses. I’m not sure this business model still works well on Fiverr as I’ve noticed the ones I used to know have gradually moved most of their passive products to Amazon or Udemy or whatnot. Or-
  • They are self-professed workaholics who adore work, money or both. They are willing to work 18 hour days all the time because they love it or they are addicted to money/adrenaline or something similar. The successful ones I know are rare, are usually single and have no kids. I still know one or two who do this long term but most that I’ve known burned out in a year or two.

So far that covers all that I can think of who do this with great success and without alienating buyers. I know of other sellers who have tried and failed to manage big queues but they either have to adjust prices or limit queue eventually. The ones who haven’t adjusted in some way eventually lost their levels or their accounts. (One I can think of was a prominent forum user for years.)

4 Likes

I wish I had your problem. I’m glad others have given you great solutions. You could have clicked "resolution center’ and ask for a 3-7 day extension. You can copy and paste a message about being overwhelmed with so many orders.

I also recommend increasing your prices by $5 or $10, and your delivery dates from 24 hours to 3 days. You can ignore that advice for the “easy” gigs, like putting a logo on a plane. I suspect it’s the video editing gig that takes the longest time. I know editing, I once spent 4 hours editing a 5 minute music video. It’s crazy how time flies when you’re working with video.

3 Likes

I have had max 32 orders in my queue and a single person can manage them in 24 hours! But I have also seen sellers with 216+ orders in their queue, they must be having a good team to complete those!

1 Like

Ok so when do I get my TRS badge?

2 Likes

Hi,yeah it’s true it take time to render even a output of 10 sec.long intro or animation.

2 Likes

This is a good problem to have! I think cancellation is the WORST solution.
What you can do is firstly, raise your prices. Clearly you are doing something incredible for a low prince, hence the too many orders.
Second, do the work, outsource, standardize, one by one. I’d even pay someone to help.
Cancellation has bad effects on your stats, credibility, and future orders.

1 Like

The highest I had was 20, I was able to finish this through extending the delivery time.

Sometimes these seller split their orders into 3 or 4, so as to help their gig statistics. So, a seller can have 6 orders in queue but actually it’s 3 orders, he/she might split the order into two.

1 Like

You are right. In my country most of the people build there own team to complete multiple projects and to serve better.

1 Like

Okay that is good exposes others to the field and this site.

1 Like

You can delegate few of your orders to others

1 Like

People created team on fiverr or out of fiverr and work together .
also they give orders to other fiverr users or different website user to complete their tasks.
Its not difficult but management is not for all .

1 Like

Amazing! Will apply in near future. I have a friend and now we are working as a team.

That’s really great. What else you can do is that you find people in school and share your projects this way you will complete more orders and you won’t do anything extra but just communicating with the buyer.
I have a friend and we work together and I pay him 40% of the work he completes. And my sales increased by 3x by applying this strategy.

1 Like

You can set the limit according to your capability to complete the number of orders.

1 Like

anything more than 10, i start outsourcing the work out to others

3 Likes

I have to use the “out of office, overbooked” option from time to time.

1 Like

You can use the overbooked option. Good problem to have though!

Congrats to reach at that level so you are getting too much order … you can pause gig or can set limit of order …
Other people have team to work to deliver too much order

I find prioritising small orders first psychologically makes it easier.

That being said, I once saw someone with 52 orders in their queue and 12-24 hours delivery and that I can’t explain. – Same question, how is this possible?