How to manage 30+ orders in queue?

exitmedia

I came across the gigs of different people having 20 to 30+ orders in queue. Once I had 21 orders in queue and I had to cancel most of them because and I got sick from working 36 hours continuously.
How do some of the top rated with so many reviews manage to complete those orders without disturbing daily routine life and health.

Thanks

You can set the limit according to your capability to complete the number of orders.

Yes, what y’all said is right. You can set a limit to the number of orders in queue. It is probably also a good idea if you are unable to manage the huge number of orders you might be getting.

But the OP’s question was not that. The OP was asking how people with an already (intentionally) huge number of orders in queue manage them. 😃

I came across the gigs of different people having 20 to 30+ orders in queue. Once I had 21 orders in queue and I had to cancel most of them because and I got sick from working 36 hours continuously.

How do some of the top rated with so many reviews manage to complete those orders without disturbing daily routine life and health.

Thanks

There is no problem, working in well-organized teams.

The highest number of orders I had was 80 in 24 hours. 2 team members, 4 PC, 10-12 hours working time.

When I see 10 or 20+ orders in a queue, I make a mental note to avoid the seller. It’s not a question of workflow, it’s about the quality of whatever you expect to take delivery of.

Theoretically, I could handle 4 writing orders per day. However, really I like taking on just one. That way I can cradle it like a baby, bosom feed it until its a work of art, and release it into the world as a properly tweaked piece of marketing content.

Of course, it would be nice to have a fancy outsourcing set up where someone else could take care of all that for $1 per article. Really I’d like to be writing about robots.

When I see 10 or 20+ orders in a queue, I make a mental note to avoid the seller. It’s not a question of workflow, it’s about the quality of whatever you expect to take delivery of.

Theoretically, I could handle 4 writing orders per day. However, really I like taking on just one. That way I can cradle it like a baby, bosom feed it until its a work of art, and release it into the world as a properly tweaked piece of marketing content.

Of course, it would be nice to have a fancy outsourcing set up where someone else could take care of all that for $1 per article. Really I’d like to be writing about robots.

Fully agree with this.

For anything creative or that involves thinking, planning etc, having a large queue to push through in a few days is just anti-creativity. Maybe some can do it but I can’t see that work wouldn’t suffer as a result.

While I often have 25+ orders in queue between my different gigs, I couldn’t handle more than 5 or 6 new marketing and SEO consultations in two weeks which is my delivery time for those. Translation and proofreading is a different type of thought process.

Of course I could squeeze in lots more and just churn out stuff but I did that once and during my final read through before delivery on a couple, I realised that the quality was just not up to the usual standard. It was then I set limits on the gigs but I have to manually pause them as I have monthly regulars which are a different thing.

This has worked well and as most clients message me first, I can tell them that it will be 2+ weeks til I can take them on. This has never been an issue for them and I think they appreciate the honesty, knowing that they will get my full attention when their turn comes around.

Thanks

Don’t limit your number of orders, raise your prices. That has the effect of reducing the number of orders, while at the same time allowing you to earn more for the same effort. Keep pushing the price up in steps till you like the amount of orders.

Don’t limit your number of orders, raise your prices. That has the effect of reducing the number of orders, while at the same time allowing you to earn more for the same effort. Keep pushing the price up in steps till you like the amount of orders.

I agree with @newsmike

This week alone something is going on with fiverr (I think it’s because I changed my gig video to something more high quality), and I am constantly getting 5-7 orders per week. Average price per order is around 125 dollars.

5-7 orders is manageable, but I am a student, and school starts next week. I won’t be able to handle more than 2-3 orders at a time once school starts…so I raised my prices and am hoping that the orders go down while I make more money per amount of effort I put it in. 😀

I agree with @newsmike

This week alone something is going on with fiverr (I think it’s because I changed my gig video to something more high quality), and I am constantly getting 5-7 orders per week. Average price per order is around 125 dollars.

5-7 orders is manageable, but I am a student, and school starts next week. I won’t be able to handle more than 2-3 orders at a time once school starts…so I raised my prices and am hoping that the orders go down while I make more money per amount of effort I put it in. 😀

Yes and you can always extend the delivery time as needed.

This will do the trick for some, I guess:

1. Having more than one person working on those orders (which I’m assuming is not against ToS since a lot of people state openly that they are “an agency” or “a team”).
  2. Having a longer delivery time that allows planning in advance.
  3. Providing services that don’t take 8+ hours per order to do.

Also, the total number of orders includes those in revision and those that are due in 2-3 weeks.

All that can make 20+ orders somewhat manageable. That being said, I once saw someone with 52 orders in their queue and 12-24 hours delivery and that I can’t explain.

This will do the trick for some, I guess:

1. Having more than one person working on those orders (which I’m assuming is not against ToS since a lot of people state openly that they are “an agency” or “a team”).
  2. Having a longer delivery time that allows planning in advance.
  3. Providing services that don’t take 8+ hours per order to do.

Also, the total number of orders includes those in revision and those that are due in 2-3 weeks.

All that can make 20+ orders somewhat manageable. That being said, I once saw someone with 52 orders in their queue and 12-24 hours delivery and that I can’t explain.

That’s a good point. You can hire a few extra hands to complete some of your orders. But the main thing is, you should never promise to deliver products or a service which you know will overwhelm you at some point. Always make sure you are offering services which you can surely provide even at a large number.

That’s a good point. You can hire a few extra hands to complete some of your orders. But the main thing is, you should never promise to deliver products or a service which you know will overwhelm you at some point. Always make sure you are offering services which you can surely provide even at a large number.

Oh, I’m keeping my orders at 10 active orders max (revisions excluded) at a time. I didn’t run from my office job to destroy myself with work.

But if someone is selling something that takes them 15-20 minutes to do with a long enough delivery time, a few dozens of orders are pretty realistic.

Thanks

The people I’ve known who routinely manage queues of more than 20 orders routinely and successfully fall into about four categories:

• They hire a staff and have a team. The seller whose name is on the account maintains tight oversight but has a freelance team or a group of employees that does varied parts of the work. These are usually people who charge a fair amount or have queues in the hundreds because they have to find it worthwhile to have a group. Or-
  • They do something that they charge little for, do in bulk, and can do really fast. These kinds of sellers used to be common on Fiverr and might churn out tons of PLR, software-generated logos, software-generated traffic and so on. These take a risk since their products are supposed to be quantity over quality, so I don’t see these seller succeeding much anymore. Or-
  • They are similar to the group above in that they sell something that is mostly passive. A few people used to do well at this by becoming TRS in the early days of Fiverr and then they would raise prices on their main gig and have a dozen other gigs selling their own e-books, video tutorials or courses. I’m not sure this business model still works well on Fiverr as I’ve noticed the ones I used to know have gradually moved most of their passive products to Amazon or Udemy or whatnot. Or-
  • They are self-professed workaholics who adore work, money or both. They are willing to work 18 hour days all the time because they love it or they are addicted to money/adrenaline or something similar. The successful ones I know are rare, are usually single and have no kids. I still know one or two who do this long term but most that I’ve known burned out in a year or two.

So far that covers all that I can think of who do this with great success and without alienating buyers. I know of other sellers who have tried and failed to manage big queues but they either have to adjust prices or limit queue eventually. The ones who haven’t adjusted in some way eventually lost their levels or their accounts. (One I can think of was a prominent forum user for years.)

I wish I had your problem. I’m glad others have given you great solutions. You could have clicked "resolution center’ and ask for a 3-7 day extension. You can copy and paste a message about being overwhelmed with so many orders.

I also recommend increasing your prices by $5 or $10, and your delivery dates from 24 hours to 3 days. You can ignore that advice for the “easy” gigs, like putting a logo on a plane. I suspect it’s the video editing gig that takes the longest time. I know editing, I once spent 4 hours editing a 5 minute music video. It’s crazy how time flies when you’re working with video.

The people I’ve known who routinely manage queues of more than 20 orders routinely and successfully fall into about four categories:

• They hire a staff and have a team. The seller whose name is on the account maintains tight oversight but has a freelance team or a group of employees that does varied parts of the work. These are usually people who charge a fair amount or have queues in the hundreds because they have to find it worthwhile to have a group. Or-
  • They do something that they charge little for, do in bulk, and can do really fast. These kinds of sellers used to be common on Fiverr and might churn out tons of PLR, software-generated logos, software-generated traffic and so on. These take a risk since their products are supposed to be quantity over quality, so I don’t see these seller succeeding much anymore. Or-
  • They are similar to the group above in that they sell something that is mostly passive. A few people used to do well at this by becoming TRS in the early days of Fiverr and then they would raise prices on their main gig and have a dozen other gigs selling their own e-books, video tutorials or courses. I’m not sure this business model still works well on Fiverr as I’ve noticed the ones I used to know have gradually moved most of their passive products to Amazon or Udemy or whatnot. Or-
  • They are self-professed workaholics who adore work, money or both. They are willing to work 18 hour days all the time because they love it or they are addicted to money/adrenaline or something similar. The successful ones I know are rare, are usually single and have no kids. I still know one or two who do this long term but most that I’ve known burned out in a year or two.

So far that covers all that I can think of who do this with great success and without alienating buyers. I know of other sellers who have tried and failed to manage big queues but they either have to adjust prices or limit queue eventually. The ones who haven’t adjusted in some way eventually lost their levels or their accounts. (One I can think of was a prominent forum user for years.)

They are self-professed workaholics who adore work, money or both. They are willing to work 18 hour days all the time because they love it or they are addicted to money/adrenaline or something similar.

Ok so when do I get my TRS badge?

I wish I had your problem. I’m glad others have given you great solutions. You could have clicked "resolution center’ and ask for a 3-7 day extension. You can copy and paste a message about being overwhelmed with so many orders.

I also recommend increasing your prices by $5 or $10, and your delivery dates from 24 hours to 3 days. You can ignore that advice for the “easy” gigs, like putting a logo on a plane. I suspect it’s the video editing gig that takes the longest time. I know editing, I once spent 4 hours editing a 5 minute music video. It’s crazy how time flies when you’re working with video.

Hi,yeah it’s true it take time to render even a output of 10 sec.long intro or animation.

Archived