How to pick a username?

Guest matt_garry

Guest matt_garry

I struggled with this when I first joined fiverr I decided to simply go with my name because it’s personal and I think it builds trust with you’re clients. But I see all these fancy lingo’s, numbers, and play on words. Some are just straight forward like for example you work on seo so you name it seoguy. I sometimes regret having a name that does not reflect my business…

The name and brand is important so I thought it would be a good idea to vote on what would work best for the future fiverr sellers who are debating this right now. This is a permanent choice so it is something you can’t take lightly.

what do you think is the best name for you’re Fiverr acount???

a) you’re name

b) nickname

c) you’re company brand name

d) name affiliated with you’re business

• 2 years later...

Well I would like to change my user name as I used it back in the day as a buyer only.

Overall I don’t think it matters. Reviews and ratings are where it’s at.

I would use your name, or a play on your name, or a name that describes your service.

But again, I don’t think it’s that important as long as it’s not something really stupid like mrcatballs81 or something.

Guest salekr

I think it should be logical, easy to be remembered by the buyer and acceptable. Annoying long names make wrong impression causing the buyer to go to other seller unconsciously.

With this, I hope fiverr will create an option to allow users to change their username. I really wanted to change mine because it does not mean anything to my service. I want it to reflect my service or at least my name.

I believe fiverr has talented developer, they could just easily redirect old url. D

Guest webs4sight

I created my fiverr account with my business name, planning to sell websites installation and creation… but I now realize I made a mistake. The simple reason being I plan to sell other services too that have nothing to do with websites!

Since I am just starting, I can delete this account and create a new one with my real name.

I believe your real name is the best way to go. Business name, sort of limits you down.

• 9 months later...

I created my fiverr account with my business name, planning to sell websites installation and creation… but I now realize I made a mistake. The simple reason being I plan to sell other services too that have nothing to do with websites!

Since I am just starting, I can delete this account and create a new one with my real name.

I believe your real name is the best way to go. Business name, sort of limits you down.

You’ve made a good point!

I’ve been thinking of changing my username and what you’ve said here is worth thinking about.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Archived