How to rank my Gigs on first page

akashdonor

I am writing this thread to share my views and tricks regarding Fiverr. So before I begin, just see the contents you will be reading –

• Intro to Fiverr

• Levels

• Outside the BOX!

• Competition

• Getting Started – Your first Gig

• Improving you Gig [image]

• Buyer Requests

• Types of Buyers and Gig Marketing

• Customer Handling

• Black Hat methods

• You know NOTHING!

• Conclusion + Gift

Ingredients – Before I start on, you must have the following (* indicates mandatory) –

1. A working brain* [image]
  2. Internet connection*
  3. Skill
  4. Social media accounts
  5. Investment

You probably saw there is no * over Skill so don’t lose hope if you know nothing, we will discuss that later.

Intro to Fiverr

For those of you who don’t know what Fiverr is then Fiverr is the site for freelancers. Freelancing is similar to trading time for money (Time is Money after all). You know a skill such as SEO and you help others with your skills. There are also other sites such as Freelancer and Upwork but I had a bad experience with them (Upwork asked for a profile photo while Freelancer needed my Credit Card details including Pin[image]).

Levels (in Fiverr)

Just like this forum, Fiverr too has levels. The good thing is that you don’t need to pay for them but serve the customers for them.

1. Level 1 – You are a beginner, zero sales nothing. Just like a newbie. You can upload up to 7 Gigs.
  2. Level 2 – Once completed 10 orders and maintained a rating of 4+ then you will be able to publish up to 15 Gigs.
  3. Professional – This includes Pro League and Fiverr Rockstar – The Best Out There! You may also become a Top Rated Seller and Fiverr’s choice.

For more info, see here fiverr.com/levels

Outside the BOX!

Now we have pretty much information about Fiverr and how it works. Now it’s time to start our journey! Firstly this topic is not related to Fiverr but it is essential to avoid confusion and find the best category for you.

This step is simple, just take a pen and paper and write what you are good at and what you can do at Fiverr. Example, you love writing, then you have a vast majority of Gig topics to cover. I know something that is really common then it may not sale so much but we are not discussing competition here, just write what you can.

Now once you wrote a few things you can do with ease let’s find the best out of them.

For example, my list is –

1. Logo Design
  2. Background Removal
  3. SEO
  4. Photoshop Editing
  5. Ebook Cover
  6. Marketing

Now categorize them as per the following –

Mark * on which you know completely, I mean you are the boss at that things. Mark / on ideas that are common. Mark + on unique ideas.

So My list will be –

7. Logo Design /*
  8. Background Removal *
  9. SEO
  10. Photoshop Editing /
  11. Ebook Cover +
  12. Marketing

So this will help me realize what can I focus on, for example, I am not good at SEO and Marketing and it also has a great competition so I just left. You may also notice one idea can have more than one signs. So now you have the ideas, now it’s time to see the competition (where most give up).

Competition

As you all know the competition on Fiverr is tough, I mean really really tough. So how do we make our way from it? Firstly analyze your competition as there are many categories on Fiverr, each with their own subcategory. Take a look at them and relate it to your Gigs.

Now you need to “Crack” the competition! So just click on a category and you will see the top rated sellers of that category (5-star reviews!, Many orders, Pro Seller and much more [image]). Now in a new tab open at least 5 top seller gigs. See what they are offering for how much and how they made their Gig pictures and wrote a description. Can you do better than them? Of course, you can, just provide more than they provide, once you start getting orders and reviews, raise up your prices (not so quickly[image])

See the example below –

Even after so mnay orders, they just keep it to 5$.

Getting Started – Your First Gig

Now I won’t emphasize much on this point but you have to just –

1. Register on Fiverr (if you haven’t done already)
  2. Fill the blah blah details and verify your account.
  3. Go to Seller tab and hit manage gigs. You will see no gigs (if you are new).

Now click on “Create New Gig” on the right-hand side.

P.S. I don’t remember it clearly but I think at the time of registering, Fiverr asks you to build your first Gig.

Now you need to think of Catchy Title and Keywords. You should include the title and keywords in your description. Make sure you start with just 5$ and disable that Premium and Regular package, then you need a picture for your Gig!

For making Gig pictures, the size should be 550370 ( I tried with 1280720 and it cropped those). I suggest Photoshop to make the pictures but Paint or Canva will do the work.

I realized videos really boost impressions (views) but you need to make sure the starting of the video is the same as the thumbnail to make it look professional. For making videos, if you have knowledge of video editing softwares then use that but I think PowerPoint will do.

As of the description, see a top seller’s gig related to your category and copy paste that and make some changes in it.

Improving Your Gig [image]

Now improving the gig is really simple, time taking and unnecessary. For doing this, you have to go to Seller’s tab and then click on Gigs.

See you Gig’s impressions, views, and clicks. See them the next day, how, much them jumped from?

If you think they are not doing well, change some stuff in your Gig and see. Why I said it unnecessary and time taking because you just have to outrun your competitors by improving your Gig. There are sellers on Fiverr that can write a profile description, Gig description and make Gig picture for you for as low as 5$.

Note: More impressions or clicks do not mean more sale, even fewer impressions can get you sale.

Buyer Requests

Most people don’t know this stuff but it is actually a great place to get your first orders. Go to Sellers tab and then click on Buyers Requests.

These requests were made by Buyers who were unable to find their preferred service. All these are related to the category of Gig you posted. Usually, there are 0 to few buyer requests but you should make use of them. Click on Send Offer and choose you Gig that matches the Buyers Request and then write something good (see conclusion + gifts). You can send up to 10 requests each day.

Types of Buyers and Gig Marketing

I would keep this short and simple, there are 3 types of buyers I know on Fiverr –

1. Review and Buy – These only see the reviews and just buy your Gig.
  2. Business Purpose – They require a huge amount of work to be done, they don’t matter reviews but give importance to price.
  3. Work Done – They need their work to be done in the deadline they want, they don’t care about reviews or price.

Now you need to target any one of them. As of the Gig marketing, make an FB and G+ account (specifically for Fiverr)

Make it look professional and show some sample work there, link it to your profile and show you’re new Gigs here.

Fiverr Profile

This is simple, get a good picture (it may not be you always [image]), write a description and keep it clean, kind and simple.

Customer Handling

On Fiverr, I can express customer handling in one line.

check my profile : https://www.fiverr.com/allinone_2019

Ok, so just a sneaky way for you to hide you advertising your gig to sucker people into giving you traffic.

Not cool 😦

i am not only sharing my link also given valuable information

Thank you

i am not only sharing my link also given valuable information

You are only sharing your link, on top of that you haven’t even written a single word of this. I thought this looked suspicious so I did some digging…

image.thumb.png.882f2ead25ce86c6dc65b8e58acfa22b.png
image1453×734 67.2 KB

Maybe write your own content?

I am writing this thread to share my views and tricks regarding Fiverr. So before I begin, just see the contents you will be reading –

• Intro to Fiverr

• Levels

• Outside the BOX!

• Competition

• Getting Started – Your first Gig

• Improving you Gig [image]

• Buyer Requests

• Types of Buyers and Gig Marketing

• Customer Handling

• Black Hat methods

• You know NOTHING!

• Conclusion + Gift

Ingredients – Before I start on, you must have the following (* indicates mandatory) –

1. A working brain* [image]
  2. Internet connection*
  3. Skill
  4. Social media accounts
  5. Investment

You probably saw there is no * over Skill so don’t lose hope if you know nothing, we will discuss that later.

Intro to Fiverr

For those of you who don’t know what Fiverr is then Fiverr is the site for freelancers. Freelancing is similar to trading time for money (Time is Money after all). You know a skill such as SEO and you help others with your skills. There are also other sites such as Freelancer and Upwork but I had a bad experience with them (Upwork asked for a profile photo while Freelancer needed my Credit Card details including Pin[image]).

Levels (in Fiverr)

Just like this forum, Fiverr too has levels. The good thing is that you don’t need to pay for them but serve the customers for them.

1. Level 1 – You are a beginner, zero sales nothing. Just like a newbie. You can upload up to 7 Gigs.
  2. Level 2 – Once completed 10 orders and maintained a rating of 4+ then you will be able to publish up to 15 Gigs.
  3. Professional – This includes Pro League and Fiverr Rockstar – The Best Out There! You may also become a Top Rated Seller and Fiverr’s choice.

For more info, see here fiverr.com/levels

Outside the BOX!

Now we have pretty much information about Fiverr and how it works. Now it’s time to start our journey! Firstly this topic is not related to Fiverr but it is essential to avoid confusion and find the best category for you.

This step is simple, just take a pen and paper and write what you are good at and what you can do at Fiverr. Example, you love writing, then you have a vast majority of Gig topics to cover. I know something that is really common then it may not sale so much but we are not discussing competition here, just write what you can.

Now once you wrote a few things you can do with ease let’s find the best out of them.

For example, my list is –

1. Logo Design
  2. Background Removal
  3. SEO
  4. Photoshop Editing
  5. Ebook Cover
  6. Marketing

Now categorize them as per the following –

Mark * on which you know completely, I mean you are the boss at that things. Mark / on ideas that are common. Mark + on unique ideas.

So My list will be –

7. Logo Design /*
  8. Background Removal *
  9. SEO
  10. Photoshop Editing /
  11. Ebook Cover +
  12. Marketing

So this will help me realize what can I focus on, for example, I am not good at SEO and Marketing and it also has a great competition so I just left. You may also notice one idea can have more than one signs. So now you have the ideas, now it’s time to see the competition (where most give up).

Competition

As you all know the competition on Fiverr is tough, I mean really really tough. So how do we make our way from it? Firstly analyze your competition as there are many categories on Fiverr, each with their own subcategory. Take a look at them and relate it to your Gigs.

Now you need to “Crack” the competition! So just click on a category and you will see the top rated sellers of that category (5-star reviews!, Many orders, Pro Seller and much more [image]). Now in a new tab open at least 5 top seller gigs. See what they are offering for how much and how they made their Gig pictures and wrote a description. Can you do better than them? Of course, you can, just provide more than they provide, once you start getting orders and reviews, raise up your prices (not so quickly[image])

See the example below –

Even after so mnay orders, they just keep it to 5$.

Getting Started – Your First Gig

Now I won’t emphasize much on this point but you have to just –

1. Register on Fiverr (if you haven’t done already)
  2. Fill the blah blah details and verify your account.
  3. Go to Seller tab and hit manage gigs. You will see no gigs (if you are new).

Now click on “Create New Gig” on the right-hand side.

P.S. I don’t remember it clearly but I think at the time of registering, Fiverr asks you to build your first Gig.

Now you need to think of Catchy Title and Keywords. You should include the title and keywords in your description. Make sure you start with just 5$ and disable that Premium and Regular package, then you need a picture for your Gig!

For making Gig pictures, the size should be 550370 ( I tried with 1280720 and it cropped those). I suggest Photoshop to make the pictures but Paint or Canva will do the work.

I realized videos really boost impressions (views) but you need to make sure the starting of the video is the same as the thumbnail to make it look professional. For making videos, if you have knowledge of video editing softwares then use that but I think PowerPoint will do.

As of the description, see a top seller’s gig related to your category and copy paste that and make some changes in it.

Improving Your Gig [image]

Now improving the gig is really simple, time taking and unnecessary. For doing this, you have to go to Seller’s tab and then click on Gigs.

See you Gig’s impressions, views, and clicks. See them the next day, how, much them jumped from?

If you think they are not doing well, change some stuff in your Gig and see. Why I said it unnecessary and time taking because you just have to outrun your competitors by improving your Gig. There are sellers on Fiverr that can write a profile description, Gig description and make Gig picture for you for as low as 5$.

Note: More impressions or clicks do not mean more sale, even fewer impressions can get you sale.

Buyer Requests

Most people don’t know this stuff but it is actually a great place to get your first orders. Go to Sellers tab and then click on Buyers Requests.

These requests were made by Buyers who were unable to find their preferred service. All these are related to the category of Gig you posted. Usually, there are 0 to few buyer requests but you should make use of them. Click on Send Offer and choose you Gig that matches the Buyers Request and then write something good (see conclusion + gifts). You can send up to 10 requests each day.

Types of Buyers and Gig Marketing

I would keep this short and simple, there are 3 types of buyers I know on Fiverr –

1. Review and Buy – These only see the reviews and just buy your Gig.
  2. Business Purpose – They require a huge amount of work to be done, they don’t matter reviews but give importance to price.
  3. Work Done – They need their work to be done in the deadline they want, they don’t care about reviews or price.

Now you need to target any one of them. As of the Gig marketing, make an FB and G+ account (specifically for Fiverr)

Make it look professional and show some sample work there, link it to your profile and show you’re new Gigs here.

Fiverr Profile

This is simple, get a good picture (it may not be you always [image]), write a description and keep it clean, kind and simple.

Customer Handling

On Fiverr, I can express customer handling in one line.

check my profile : https://www.fiverr.com/allinone_2019

Don’t plagiarize. Don’t copy forum posts or on or off-Fiverr content.

The above is from the forum rules.

Gig rankings are constantly rotating and there’s no way to guarantee a first page ranking! For example, you could be on the first page one day and the last page the next day.

As @benedictrm said, focus on what you can control, not what you can’t. Search around the Forum for useful tips and implement those into your profile and your gigs! I hope this helps!

Archived