How to rank my gigs on top

mustitech

I don’t know why people have the impression that we’re here to wave a magic wand and make them successful or why people would think that is even possible. I don’t get it.

I think those with this mentality are not cut out to be entrepreneurs, business owners, self-employed or freelancers. If you need “hand holding” then you need to be in a 9 to 5 job where the boss stands over your shoulder telling you what the next step is in your daily routine.

GG

I think those with this mentality are not cut out to be entrepreneurs, business owners, self-employed or freelancers. If you need “hand holding” then you need to be in a 9 to 5 job where the boss stands over your shoulder telling you what the next step is in your daily routine.

GG

Hand-holding is a good way to describe it.

Anyone successful in sales gets to be that way by taking initiative, researching their market and building according to that. Not by making a gig regardless if people actually want it and then telling people to make it sell.

Hand-holding is a good way to describe it.

Anyone successful in sales gets to be that way by taking initiative, researching their market and building according to that. Not by making a gig regardless if people actually want it and then telling people to make it sell.

The thing is, I think there are groups, YT channels and blogs that these new sellers read and think making a Gig in data entry, Photoshop retouching, writing (even if English is not your native language) and logo making (even if you do not even own any decent software or have experience in this area) will make you rich in literally hours!!! They forget to tell the neophyte that a half a million others are already listed doing that on this site and another half million are currently making their accounts in those categories as well. LOL

GG

The thing is, I think there are groups, YT channels and blogs that these new sellers read and think making a Gig in data entry, Photoshop retouching, writing (even if English is not your native language) and logo making (even if you do not even own any decent software or have experience in this area) will make you rich in literally hours!!! They forget to tell the neophyte that a half a million others are already listed doing that on this site and another half million are currently making their accounts in those categories as well. LOL

GG

Yes, I think that’s where a lot of the sellers who post bad advice get it from and also why a lot of people become sellers in general.

It shouldn’t be a novel idea that if you want to sell things, you should understand how sales works and how markets work. Unfortunately here, it is.

Yes, I think that’s where a lot of the sellers who post bad advice get it from and also why a lot of people become sellers in general.

It shouldn’t be a novel idea that if you want to sell things, you should understand how sales works and how markets work. Unfortunately here, it is.

Not only that, but, you should only post Gigs of things you can actually DO. Things you have talent for - not post something because you think that is where the holy grail is.

It is also annoying those who keep posting to be on 24/7/365; post in the forums and spam social media. Who on earth never sleeps besides vampires?

GG

Not only that, but, you should only post Gigs of things you can actually DO. Things you have talent for - not post something because you think that is where the holy grail is.

It is also annoying those who keep posting to be on 24/7/365; post in the forums and spam social media. Who on earth never sleeps besides vampires?

GG

Proficiency is also a novel thing here.

GG

I think there are groups, YT channels and blogs that these new sellers read and think making a Gig in data entry, Photoshop retouching, writing (even if English is not your native language) and logo making (even if you do not even own any decent software or have experience in this area) will make you rich in literally hours!!!

There are. And they’re preying on those who live in poverty, barely know any English, have zero knowledge on running a business, little to no knowledge on searching the Internet, have no idea where to start or even what questions to ask, have never used a forum before, and then they promise them that they’ll get rich quickly (or that they and their families will never be hungry again).

They forget to tell the neophyte that a half a million others are already listed doing that on this site and another half million are currently making their accounts in those categories as well.

It’s not about forgetting. They often charge for a course or a CD or whatever, and nobody would want to buy if they told them that just putting up a gig for whatever isn’t enough, and that it’s perfectly possible they’re not going to get any sales for months. Or ever.

It’s like all those “How to get rich fast without doing anything” courses. They take your money, tell you stuff that desperate folks want to hear, and move on to the next targets.

I think there are groups, YT channels and blogs that these new sellers read and think making a Gig in data entry, Photoshop retouching, writing (even if English is not your native language) and logo making (even if you do not even own any decent software or have experience in this area) will make you rich in literally hours!!!

There are. And they’re preying on those who live in poverty, barely know any English, have zero knowledge on running a business, little to no knowledge on searching the Internet, have no idea where to start or even what questions to ask, have never used a forum before, and then they promise them that they’ll get rich quickly (or that they and their families will never be hungry again).

They forget to tell the neophyte that a half a million others are already listed doing that on this site and another half million are currently making their accounts in those categories as well.

It’s not about forgetting. They often charge for a course or a CD or whatever, and nobody would want to buy if they told them that just putting up a gig for whatever isn’t enough, and that it’s perfectly possible they’re not going to get any sales for months. Or ever.

It’s like all those “How to get rich fast without doing anything” courses. They take your money, tell you stuff that desperate folks want to hear, and move on to the next targets.

I wondered if someone isn’t either selling an e-book or getting some compensation from ads on YT or a blog that drives them to lie to people who do not know better. I am sure most who sign up after being exposed to this really do want to earn money, the thing is, there is a lot more to being an independent contractor than just signing up. Most I would bet are making Gigs in categories they have no business in. They just sign up for the categories they were advised to by the “guru”.

I remember so many late night infomercials back in the day about how easy it was to buy real estate with NO money of your own - and turn a profit like magic! I think it was Carlton Sheets or something - sells you this program, then up sells you after that to buy into “mentoring” etc. Being a real estate investor is a lot more work than those commercials lead the hopeful to believe! Same with those who are selling information on how to get rich quick here. They forget to add the disclaimer - results are not typical and your experience may vary

GG

Archived