Fiverr Community Forum

How to reject the job offer professionally

Now a days many buyers contact me to remove watermarks. I don’t offer any unethical services like this. So how should I reject them professionally so that they don’t get mad at me. What would you say if you were in my place? Thanks in advance! :heart:

6 Likes

You could say you can’t do that due to Copyrights/Fiverr’s Terms of service/licenses or something.

You could describe why watermarks are used (eg. to prevent unauthorised use etc.).

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

“Thank you for your interest, but that is not a service I offer.”

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In addition to what others have said, you could add in your gig description or FAQ that you don’t offer any unethical/illegal services, including, but not limited to, removing watermarks (add a few unethical/illegal services of your choice).

Then you can politely point out that, as stated in your gig description/FAQ, you don’t offer that service.

I’d also recommend reporting all messages where they ask you to do something unethical. You’ll do everyone a favor if you help in removing buyers who request unethical/illegal stuff.

6 Likes

Thanks for your helpful reply :heart:

You could say “I sincerely apologize, but that is a service I’m not able to do. Have a great day!”

2 Likes

Or you could say, Thank you for your interest in my gig, but I am not confident that will come up with satisfactory result. Your request is too complicated for my skills. I think you should look at other gigs that offer those services.

2 Likes

Just say that you cant do it if they ask you first, the real problem is when buyers place this kind of orders directly without any confirmation.

1 Like

I have a couple of answer templates for that :slight_smile: usually, the reasons I give for rejecting a project are:

1. Lack of time. I tell the buyer that I am too busy working on other projects and that I would not have time to work on theirs at the moment ( and this also leaves the door open for the buyer to come back maybe later in the future )
  2. Lack of expertise. I tell the buyer that that is not what I usually do, and that I don’t think that I would be able to provide much value to them - therefore, I would prefer to pass on that opportunity

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The one suitable to the buyer.

Okay, Thank you very much.

1 Like