How to reject the job offer professionally

femtographics

In addition to what others have said, you could add in your gig description or FAQ that you don’t offer any unethical/illegal services, including, but not limited to, removing watermarks (add a few unethical/illegal services of your choice).

Then you can politely point out that, as stated in your gig description/FAQ, you don’t offer that service.

I’d also recommend reporting all messages where they ask you to do something unethical. You’ll do everyone a favor if you help in removing buyers who request unethical/illegal stuff.

In addition to what others have said, you could add in your gig description or FAQ that you don’t offer any unethical/illegal services, including, but not limited to, removing watermarks (add a few unethical/illegal services of your choice).

Then you can politely point out that, as stated in your gig description/FAQ, you don’t offer that service.

I’d also recommend reporting all messages where they ask you to do something unethical. You’ll do everyone a favor if you help in removing buyers who request unethical/illegal stuff.

Thanks for your helpful reply ❤️

• 8 months later...

I have a couple of answer templates for that 🙂 usually, the reasons I give for rejecting a project are:

1. Lack of time. I tell the buyer that I am too busy working on other projects and that I would not have time to work on theirs at the moment ( and this also leaves the door open for the buyer to come back maybe later in the future )
  2. Lack of expertise. I tell the buyer that that is not what I usually do, and that I don’t think that I would be able to provide much value to them - therefore, I would prefer to pass on that opportunity

Hope this helps! 🙂

I have a couple of answer templates for that 🙂 usually, the reasons I give for rejecting a project are:

1. Lack of time. I tell the buyer that I am too busy working on other projects and that I would not have time to work on theirs at the moment ( and this also leaves the door open for the buyer to come back maybe later in the future )
  2. Lack of expertise. I tell the buyer that that is not what I usually do, and that I don’t think that I would be able to provide much value to them - therefore, I would prefer to pass on that opportunity

Hope this helps! 🙂

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. 🙂

Archived