How to remove negative reviews and ratings?

A big challenge for seller is getting negative review from buyer. It just spoil seller gigs as well as his base ratings. I found many seller who completed Hundred & Thousand of jobs without any negative ratings. How is it possible? Definitely their service quality is top notch. But is this the only thing? I think no. I found many seller who remove there negative ratings from there gigs.

But how? you should follow some tips from below.

1. Immediately contact buyer after getting bad review and request to reconsider his/her review and ratings and try to please buyer to resolve all issues.

2. Offer him some extra services/bonus.

3. If all of this these tricks are not working then offer him a refund. If he agree then ask him to send a removal request of the negative rating to fiverr support or do it yourself. But you need a message from you buyer that he has no objection.it was working for me/

4. all of the tips doesn’t work then you have nothing to do. you should increase / boost your sells and get more positive review… if you get 1000 review and get 1/2 bad review then i think it will be showing 100% in your profile//

But how? you should follow some tips from below.

1. Immediately contact buyer after getting bad review and request to reconsider his/her review and ratings and try to please buyer to resolve all issues.

2. Offer him some extra services/bonus.

3. If all of this these tricks are not working then offer him a refund. If he agree then ask him to send a removal request of the negative rating to fiverr support or do it yourself. But you need a message from you buyer that he has no objection.it was working for me/

4. all of the tips doesn’t work then you have nothing to do. you should increase / boost your sells and get more positive review… if you get 1000 review and get 1/2 bad review then i think it will be showing 100% in your profile//

• 1 month later...

3-4 star reviews lower your rating, not as much as 1-2 stars, but they have an impact. I did the math, if only negative reviews counting, your rating would be 99%.

I also hear refunds might hurt your rating unless the buyer didn’t provide instructions, in which case there’s no penalty.

Response time is irrelevant to the rating.

• 1 month later...

I have to add that some of this buyers leave you bad reviews because you charged a little bit more of what they had in mind.

It just happened to me that I had a client who wanted to record a nursery rhyme and I charged him 10$ for it. I only charge 5$ when is a small recording, a jingle, choirs, vocalizations, stuff that is no more than 1min recording.

So he wanted me to record the whole song for 5$ and I said no, that for a whole song it was 10$.

Anyway, I did my job, delivered right away. He posted a negative review and even said I need vocal practice. I’ve been singing professionaly for 8 years. I even have a license degree on music and I diret and manage a choir in my hometown. All of my reviews on that gig are positive except for his.

So you’re mean and your work is bad because you charge what you think is fair for you and not what the client wants to pay? Or you don’t have self steam and don’t value your work because you charge less of what you think is fair?

Either way is always going to be hard for the one who’s working.

Sorry for the long text, I just had to get it off my chest

This just abuses the system.

I know everybody cares for their profiles and portfolio, but firstly and more importantly you have to make sure you deliver quality work and keep your communication skills top notch. Keep your buyer updated and try to understand what they want.

Of course there are exceptions with unresponsive buyers, but these are exceptions and you should contact customer support in these situations.

If everyone asked for a positive review and all profiles are at 100%, why do we even need the rating system?

• 6 months later...

Few months before i got road accident and injured badly … next two three month i was totally away from fiverr…
when come back with good health … found alot of order canceled and 1 star review which put me rating 70% … i sent message to buyers but most of them didn’t reply me… few agree but no option to remove or edit review… any suggestion welcome as all money already refunded as order cancelled … s

2017 Your method is not work any more

Offer him some extra services/bonus.

If all of this these tricks are not working then offer him a refund.

Keep in mind that it is against Fiverr’s policies for Sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

So enjoy This is upto date fiverr TOS, i hope every seller should know the uptodate Tos

• 8 months later...

To be honest, the rating system should be removed.
When anything below 99% positive reviews is considered bad, one buyer can hold an experienced seller hostage.
There’s already a way of dealing with bad sellers: Banning them.
Sellers can be penalised or even banned for not delivering.

If a seller is given a bad review, but is not officially penalised, then there’s probably some abuse of the review system going on.

• 3 years later...

@jessica_betts @muntahaoishee this is very old post/topic and fiver terms have changed a lot since then. Most importantly it is against Terms of Service to discuss ratings / reviews with buyers, and it is only possible to get a review changed by CS if the review breaks ToS by being offensive for example.

Look at these instead:

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:
The forum is full of new sellers desperately wanting success. Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money! Of course that is not the case! Selling on Fiverr is just like opening a business. Imagine you are opening a shop in a town. You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better. Or maybe a niche that nobody else has thought of. That is called research and you…
I keep seeing the same advice… ‘post on social media, stay online 24/7, send 10 buyer requests, offer unlimited revisions. etc etc…’ I do not believe this is good advice. But I have a question for those following it - do you check the credentials of the person giving advice? Do you look at their fiver profile? I’ve seen plenty of sellers with 0 sales, or some with average ratings, giving lots of advice and tips here. If they knew what they were doing maybe their sales or ratings would be highe…

Archived