How to respond to a buyer request so that you actually get the work?

cg_artist

Mostly, you just have to keep trying. Some requests get 25 or more offers, so usually they won’t choose you. It’s common to pick someone who already has good reviews, too, so the first sale is the hardest to get.

Be sure you’re dirt-cheap, too. People will be more likely to take a chance on you if you’re cheap. For the first sales, your real payment is that five-star rating and glowing review.

If you like, you could post an example of one of your offers and I could give you feedback.

Dear CG:

How do you prefer to be addressed?

All your gigs need videos.

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

All your certifications are from 2008. I suggest adding more recent certifications or removing the date if you can.

In general, your English is good, but it would help to polish some of your phrasing, which comes off as slightly awkward.

Here’s a sample:

Hello, world, I’m a learner, hobbyist, and a computer graphics (CG) artist. I work as a freelance Graphic Designer and as a 3D Artist. I make decent and neat designs. Please message me for custom gigs. THANK YOU!!

This profile description should tell more about you as person.

I’d suggest that you think seriously about hiring a copy writer to make your gigs more compelling.

Good luck,
Blaise

Archived