Fiverr Community Forum

How to send "look don't download" art to customer before my final delivery?

Hi, I have a single order for a book that requires that I send several illustrations and I have a question.

Lets say I have finished 1/8 illustrations and want to show it whiteout clicking the deliver now button, because I´m not ready to deliver all 8 images but I want to make sure my customer is satisfied whit the first one before I start with the next. However I dont want to risk that my customer downloads 7 images and then cancels the deal, and thus getting 7 illustrations for free.

What do I do to insure my customer can only look at the image without using it
when the “deliver now” button is not a option?

No downloading and watermark is preferable just to be extra safe.

Thanks in advance!

7 Likes

If I clearly understood what you meant then, you can send them the first one through the order conversation page. By attaching the file and sending it to the client.

I know but when you do that they can download the image. :slight_smile:

I dont want my customer to be able to do that.

1 Like

I usually just send extra small resolution preview files that are unusable for any print purpose. Otherwise, you can create a watermark yourself and explain to the client that the final delivery will consist of high resolution images without watermark.

3 Likes

@magyarmelcsi You’re right, this is a good option as well. Try this @lunalita

1 Like

Size the artwork down to a half/third/fourth of the resolution and then add rows over rows of watermarks, not a single giant one.

2 Likes

You can make the image really small so if they use it it’ll have to be made bigger and it’ll be junk quality. That and watermarks

2 Likes

watermark your images with fiverr watermark option

i will say, be aware that nowadays it’s easy to boost the size of a low-res illustration, using online ai tools to resize. such as waifu2x and others. so watermarking may be essential to prevent scammy customers who know a bit about tech.

1 Like