How to share CV/Resume to the buyer?

rudrabiswas_nyc

Question

One of the buyers have asked me to share my resume to decide whether to buy my gig or not.
I have a gig on IT solutions (computer programming like Java, Python, Database etc). Buyer’s requirement was to hire someone to train his employees on these skills.

Is it safe (I mean abide to Fiverr terms and condition) to share my resume/CV or LinkedIn profile?
Since all of these will have my contact details and I am afraid, if by any means I end up violating Fiverr’s policies.

–Thanks

7 answers to this question

Never supply your CV - Fiverr doesn’t work that way. Bear in mind even asking for that information is a breach of TOS.

Do you offer what the buyer is asking for? If not, suggest they look elsewhere.

These are two major red flags. Personally, I’d report and block.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, coerdelion said:

Never supply your CV - Fiverr doesn’t work that way.

This will never cease to confuse me. A business site where you do not share your true identity and you hide your CV.

I always send my full CV to the potential (serious) buyers. It is business here not fish market.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, coerdelion said:

Bear in mind even asking for that information is a breach of TOS.

Asking for portfolio, CV, and past experience? Once again, this is so strange to me.

So basically I put my profile name ARTpotato, claim I am male from the UK, graphic designer, and I start working.

Or if the buyer needs me to be French native, Salut mec. Je suis Louis de Paris.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:38 AM, marinapomorac said:

So basically I put my profile name ARTpotato, claim I am male from the UK, graphic designer, and I start working.

Or if the buyer needs me to be French native, Salut mec. Je suis Louis de Paris.

Now that’s definitely against the ToS, see “Authentic Fiverr Profile” (may be anonymous but not misleading, etc.).

Now that’s definitely against the ToS, see “Authentic Fiverr Profile” (may be anonymous but not misleading, etc.).

may be anonymous but not misleading

Yes. The system is so bad that I found some Level 2 sellers with portfolio from famous graphic designers, that are obviously not working on Fiverr, and since they are not aware fiverr exists, these Level 2 are moving up. They have 3000 good reviews and 100 bad from buyers that are shocked by low quality while in reality when you look at those rated 5 it is just mediocre work comparing to portfolio.

Never supply your CV - Fiverr doesn’t work that way.

This will never cease to confuse me. A business site where you do not share your true identity and you hide your CV.

I always send my full CV to the potential (serious) buyers. It is business here not fish market.

Bear in mind even asking for that information is a breach of TOS.

Asking for portfolio, CV, and past experience? Once again, this is so strange to me.

It is business here not fish market.

A fish market is also a business! D:

may be anonymous but not misleading

Yes. The system is so bad that I found some Level 2 sellers with portfolio from famous graphic designers, that are obviously not working on Fiverr, and since they are not aware fiverr exists, these Level 2 are moving up. They have 3000 good reviews and 100 bad from buyers that are shocked by low quality while in reality when you look at those rated 5 it is just mediocre work comparing to portfolio.

Yes, sure, I know there are still people who do that, although I guess it’s rarer since Fiverr got stricter and ID verification started, but it’s still against ToS, and as there also are so many people who never read them I just wanted to make that clear since I don’t doubt there are people who might read this and later will say “oh, but it’s not my fault I got banned, a senior expert on the forum said it’s okay if I say I’m a French native named Louis, and from Paris” 😉

This ^^^

Also this is what the TOS has to say about it:

" * To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

Is a resume/CV necessary for completion of any order? No

In the unlikely event that information is necessary, it should be provided through the order page.

Set up your profile, gigs and portfolio properly and it can’t possibly be necessary.

Archived