For new sellers on fiverr, please don't follow the tips below. They are just pointing out the phenomena I notice. Thanks very much.
NOT really tips here. I just want to point out some weird phenomena in the logo design field. Please share you thoughts if I am a bit biased. Thanks. :)
Here are the "TIPS":
- Use a professional clip art logo found on the Internet as the thumbnail (even if it's not yours, nobody will bother)
- "Flood" the top recommended search results by "flooding" your gig title with keywords when you create your gig at the FIRST time (seems that only at the 1st time can you do so. When you come back and edit the gig later, you will receive a warning saying “excessive use of the word……” ). An effective SEO method.
e.g. I will logo, logo, logo, logo / i will logo, Logo, 2D lOGO, LOGO
- Use short and bad grammar for the title
e.g. I will logo / I will logo design / I will a logo / I will logo logo
- Flood the gig description with keywords even it is nonsense or annoying when you create your gig at the FIRST time, rather then provide details about the gig. An effective SEO method.
e.g. I will do a logo, logo, logo, logo, business logo, modern logo, 2D logo, 3D logo, real estate logo, company logo, personal logo, logo, web logo, brand logo, blog logo, youtube logo,vector logo,logo, new logo, logo.
- Turn off your live portfolio so no one will see your low quality work.
- Ask some of your friends to make the first few orders and leave high rating. When your gig is up in the recommended search results, orders will come to you.
So, my questions are, how can high quality providers stand out among these gigs with uneven quality? Seems using social network or even building my own website can't easily override low quality services using my above "tips", is it?