How to stop outside Fiverr contact

miroslavglavic

So we all know that we can’t contact each other outside Fiverr…bla bla bla.

Recently I’ve been getting… “…you commented on this topic, I offer service on that topic”. Like if I commented on SEO, I get SEO experts contacting me on s***e. I nicely say no thank you then block them. I remind them it’s against Fiverr TOS to contact me via s***e.

I also got someone wanting me to install WordPress (I offer this gig), add a theme, 12 plugins and woocommerce as he wanted an online shop

I kindly reminded them that it is $2,000 minimum.

He got upset and threatened to report me to Fiverr CS because I am lying on my Fiverr gig.

I say that my offers are exclusively available on Fiverr.

That shut him up. I haven’t heard from Fiverr CS 😁

Well, I don’t have s***e anymore (slowly getting rid of all sinful temptations), but I do receive messages from other sellers like “I’ve see your advice on the Forum. Can you please help me with my gig or get more sales? You’re a TRS star!” - like that’s gonna warm me up inside and make me feel all fuzzy and happy to help them get sales when I have no more sales!

Is it against the forum’s or site’s rules to be contacted on Fiverr for help because I helped on the Forum?

Well, I don’t have s***e anymore (slowly getting rid of all sinful temptations), but I do receive messages from other sellers like “I’ve see your advice on the Forum. Can you please help me with my gig or get more sales? You’re a TRS star!” - like that’s gonna warm me up inside and make me feel all fuzzy and happy to help them get sales when I have no more sales!

Is it against the forum’s or site’s rules to be contacted on Fiverr for help because I helped on the Forum?

It´s not against the rules per se, but discouraged. Forum Do’s and Don’t’s, this quote from those is what I sent the last one contacting me here per inbox, he replied that he got the point and thank you.

Contacting other users, moderators/admins by private message/inbox is not absolutely disallowed, but unless invited it is considered a breach of etiquette to do so. In particular, do not contact other users to ask for sales, mentoring, profile or forum help, etc. We recommend that you contact other users only if they invite it and realize that the user may report you for spam. There are times that users may have good reason for making contact off-forum, just take extra-special care in doing so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So we all know that we can’t contact each other outside Fiverr…bla bla bla.

Recently I’ve been getting… “…you commented on this topic, I offer service on that topic”. Like if I commented on SEO, I get SEO experts contacting me on s***e. I nicely say no thank you then block them. I remind them it’s against Fiverr TOS to contact me via s***e.

I also got someone wanting me to install WordPress (I offer this gig), add a theme, 12 plugins and woocommerce as he wanted an online shop

I kindly reminded them that it is $2,000 minimum.

He got upset and threatened to report me to Fiverr CS because I am lying on my Fiverr gig.

I say that my offers are exclusively available on Fiverr.

That shut him up. I haven’t heard from Fiverr CS 😁

I remind them it’s against Fiverr TOS to contact me via s***e

Its only a term violation if its about a fiverr gig.

Are you saying we can contact people outside of fiverr as long as it’s not related to a gig?

Why wouldn’t they be able to buy our services outside of fiverr after the outside contact?

Yes the terms only forbid outside fiverr communication when its done to circumvent fiverrs messaging system. Otherwise you would have to break ties with clients you bring to fiverr, heh and just think if a family member joins fiverr (would look silly if people sat around the dinner table in silence while communicating using fiverrs message system when they need you to pass the salt.

My friend and I had to stop meeting up in real life because we are both buyers and sellers. We didn’t want to break the terms of service on the site. All interactions are now via Fiverr communication only. One day when she stops being a seller we shall be together again!

My friend and I had to stop meeting up in real life because we are both buyers and sellers. We didn’t want to break the terms of service on the site. All interactions are now via Fiverr communication only. One day when she stops being a seller we shall be together again!

On the internet, sometimes it is difficult to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not…

I have direct clients outside of any platform who also happen to use Fiverr for things that I don’t offer.

There are also clients who know me from the outside world and don’t have a Fiverr account and came to me because they saw by browsing the web that I have gigs on Fiverr. They reached out to me and we did business.

It is not possible to forbid people to know each other and to do business. It’s just life.

I would never do any transactions on Fiverr with my clients from the outside world, whether or not they have an account. They wouldn’t want to do it via an unnecessary middle man either.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived