Fiverr Community Forum

How to Success in another language

I am Chilean, hence I speak english and spanish. CS keep on telling me to share my gigs, but with who??? All me friends and family lives in a spanish speaking country. How can I be succssesful if I don’t have any body here in the US.
What can I do?

6 Likes

My life is miserable with Fuvirr.
I’m extremely unhappy to be in this situation, but again, what can I do??

Have you read this yet? fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478-The-How-Tos-of-advertising-off-the-Fiverr-platform

If you’re unhappy with Fiverr, you could try a different freelancing platform.

2 Likes

you are right about other platforms, but it’s start from scratch again

Thank you but it’s bunch of non sense information. It seems that everybody is happy here. I’m not. I’ve spent around $10,000 in Fuverr, and earned around $4,500 it 18 months.

I feel you.

Fiverr is not easy. All the platforms (and people who want to gain from them somehow) tell you how wonderful and easy it is but the reality is far from that indeed. Professionalism, pah! Good income, pah!

I really do worry that you invested this much for this little gain. That was not wise. Better to start small and see if you can grow from there. If you cannot grow from nothing but your time in showing what you can do for (a fair) payment, then it is not the right thing for you.

Definitely don’t sell your friends. Build the structure that real buyers need to want to choose you as the right solution.

The thing is that while $4,500 in 18 months is not impressive compared to spending $10,000 in advertising (and I wonder at that figure as that is a huge amount so maybe this figure is exaggerated or includes things others may not count), $4,500 is more than many have or will make in years here. Often through their own stupidity admittedly. You have made money. Maybe not the free flow of millions someone suggested would happen but proof that your thing can sell.

Now see if it will sell on its own merits without having to invest more than it is worth. That is the challenge of every business.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Such a charmer you are. Attacking multiple people on the forum on your first day of posting.

Good luck on your future endeavors, wherever they may be.

8 Likes

Thank you for your comment

Um, you do know that Fiverr is a worldwide platform, right?

And why would you spend $10,000 to promote your Gigs?

If that was through PPC programs, you should have made all that back and then some.

I think you are expecting too much from Fiverr.

Let me tell you a story.

Many Sellers come to Fiverr thinking it will make them rich beyond their widest dreams.

The reality is (and the YouTube experts don’t tell you this) Fiverr does not automatically feed you business.

Freelancing is a lot like starting any kind of new business.

You have to work at it.

You don’t just throw $10,000 at it hoping that doing so will solve the problem.

The problem I’m talking about is getting your Gig noticed.

In case you haven’t had time to look, there are about a dozen new Fiverr Sellers joining the platform daily.

That increases you competition DAILY.

Imagine how that impacts your chances of getting noticed in a week, two weeks, a month, six months…

I think you have to take a hard look at what you are trying to achieve with Fiverr.

I have been freelancing since 2014. I’ve been doing it full-time since 2016.

I get about 30% of my income from Fiverr.

So…for me, Fiverr is just a part-time stream of income.

Maybe that’s all it will be for you, as well.

Good luck.

10 Likes

Wow, you have spent 10k? Holy moly. I have spent literally NOTHING in my 8 years here.

I know you are suspended from posting, so I won’t bother to ask where on earth you threw away 10k. If you only made 4500 from a 10k investment, you are literally hemorrhaging money and bankrupt.

Good luck.

GG

6 Likes

I just checked his profile and he has a bunch of reviews as a buyer. If I understand correctly, I think the $10,000 was spent as a buyer hiring sellers, not (all) on advertising.

The simple fact is that having spent money as a buyer does not entitle you to earn money as a seller. The two are completely discrete and separate roles in the marketplace. If I were a buyer looking to hire someone, I don’t give a tinker’s cuss what they spent as a buyer. In fact, I would be wondering why they were buying stuff when they are a seller.

8 Likes

Thank you for your helpful suggestions

Hi, I think I’m in a vicious circle that I need to brake.
The point is simple: I don’t sell, I rank bad, I rank bad I don’t sell and so forth.
Fiverr’s customer support, CS, says that it is their “system”. Bull shit.

Hi. I’ve tried Fiverr for more than 18 months and I’ve lost $10,000. I’m not happy at all. I’m at the point where I ask myself do people make money at Fiverr?

Patrick

MOD EDIT: Fixed typo. :wink:

Yes. They do. Quite a few do.

Not everyone is going to be successful here. Perhaps you are one of those people.

No need to use profanity (well, veiled anyways) here to describe your experience. We get it that you do not like the site - and feel defeated here.

GG

2 Likes

Who told you to spend these K’s? I’ve spent like $50 + a few more on a promotion feature - that’s it.

Like @genuineguidance said, you don’t have to spend anything. Buyer spends, seller - earns.

It’s not our, CS nor Fiverr’s fault (you can’t even spell Fiverr correctly - you’ve been there what, 18 months? At least a moderator just fixed that veiled profanity typo for you), that’s on you - you are the one that decided to spend $10k. No reason to blame us, sellers (lol).

You should really find another platform (if you find a better one), hopefully, you won’t sell an entire house to promote your services next time.

Good luck…

Why did you spend $10000? I’m doing pretty good on Fiverr (not to brag :relaxed:), and I’ve spend $0. No money.

Yep, they sure do! I make money, and I’m sure there are other sellers out there that make money too.

You might be taking the wrong approach to Fiverr, especially since you had to spend that much money.

Thank you so much. At least somebody understands what I’m going through.
I need to make $1,000 to $1,5000. It’s not much. In reality, I don’t have to work, but I need to do something.
I hate to wake up in the morning, take a shower and be free, without anything to do.

I’m sorry. I apologize for what I said. Please forgive me.
There are several bad things going on in our family. Three months ago passed one sister-in-law. My father-in-law has cancer and last week had a stroke. I’m not justifying my behavior, but makes you feel overwhelmed. Really, I’m sorry

Apology absolutely accepted. One never knows the whole situation another is going through. Such unfortunate, tragic, and stressful events definitely can affect one’s mood and behavior.

I hope things turn around for you and your family.

3 Likes