Fiverr Forum

How to withdraw my refunded money back to my paypal or credit card? [RESOLVED]

I made a payment for a service on fiverr.com and i was not satisfied with the service. The seller refunded my money. But my money is in my fiverr account. How do I return it to my paypal account and further to my credit card?

Mod Note for clarification:
Refunds being kept in your Fiverr balance is a feature which is FOR BUYERS BENEFIT! It means that if you cancel and want to hire a different seller then you do not need to pay a processing fee again. That’s all. Nobody is trying to steal your money. The ToS clearly states that refunds go to your Fiverr account balance and to get it refunded to payment source you just ask CS to do it.

7 Likes

From Fiverr’s Terms of Service: "Fiverr does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.

Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit."

In other words, you can use the refund to purchase something else, or you can submit a ticket to Customer Support and ask them to return the money to your PayPal account.

5 Likes

This is bull***!

46 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Nonetheless, those are Fiverr’s terms and rules, and by buying or selling here on Fiverr, we all agree to be bound by their terms and rules. This is Fiverr’s site – they make the rules. You can either follow them, or take your business somewhere else.

4 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I have ordered some gigs and canceled them because seller failed to deliver on time.

Quote:
“are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr”

I do got the money refunded to my Fiverr account. But now I can’t use this money to pay gigs. I got a total of $24 on my Fiverr account which $4 are from selling one of my own gigs. every time I order something I goit asked to pay with credit card etc…

But I want to use my account balance to pay gigs, not my credit card. How can I do that?

2 Likes

bull**** rules. now i cant find some user who offer same gigs… the last gig was canclled because he failed to deliver it.

19 Likes

Opinions are one thing, bad language is another. Please keep your comments PG.

9 Likes

well im glad i only wasted $5- and glad to know i learned my lesson early.
I had a logo design and i could have done better myself, a matter of fact, i did.
and i wanted to see if it could be done better. since im not a designer… but didnt happen…

13 Likes

I cancelled and got some orders refunded for nondelivery. The money went back to my fiverr balance. I ordered other services that totaled less than the balance I had. My account balance increased and I have no way of getting the money out. Additionally, it charged my card instead of charging my account balance. Why can I not use the money that was refunded?

2 Likes

I have the same problem with a seller i ask to build a simple logo, and the trash that came back could be designed by any two year old.Why people are so dishonest is beyond me. I feel so pissed i dont even want to do buisness here ever again.

18 Likes

I’ve been allowed to have my funds refunded to paypal at a cost of 2% but I can’t withdraw the money because there isn’t a withdraw button.
What now?

3 Likes

Same here. Not only they keep the 1$ processing fee but the money is not refunded back to the credit card. I would say that’s far from legal in Europe where having it in your terms doesn’t mean you are free to operate the way you want. I will investigate further about this matter.

14 Likes

I´m not sure about that, because you are supposed to read the ToS and you accept them by signing up for an account, but the point you raise is interesting, if you find useful definitive information on investigating, it would be nice if you came back to post it.

2 Likes

Stupid Rules I spend 73 dollars in one gig, the person did not specify he did not include the curse in an OSHA test, now I have 70 dollars doing nothing just because of Fiverr money ambition.

7 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem. any one have any solution

I have ordered one gig and canceled them because seller failed to deliver quality of work.

I do got the money refunded to my Fiverr account. But now I can’t use this money to pay gigs. I got a total of $5 on my Fiverr account when ever i tried to order something I got asked to pay with credit card etc…

But I want to use my account balance to pay gigs, not my credit card. How can I do that?

4 Likes

Hello, are you trying to buy another 5$ gig, or a more expensive one? It´s not possible to pay ‘from different funding sources’, see here:

https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/206485907-How-do-I-use-my-shopping-balance-for-future-purchases-

4 Likes

Thank you for clafification

2 Likes

I just had unpleasant experience with two sellers who overrated their skills. Ofcurse like goats they jump with key phrases: I do the best quality and stuff, in the end it turned out to be a total disappointment for both orders! FIVER is pissing me off not letting get my money back which I could invest in thousand diifferent websites around the web!

7 Likes

Hello
you have not a option in Fiverr?
I want my money back in my card …
please help me

10 Likes

Hello, this is just a forum, only other users like you read and post here, you’ll have to contact Customer Support for this:
https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes