How would you react on buyer asking for work sample?

muztre

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone healthy, safe and happy 😀
Today I got buyer asking me to provide a work sample on video editing based on particular niche he/she works on.
Work sample asked because I reply on his/her buyer request, FYI, it’s quite a low money on one video editing gigs (way below my price packages), but the buyer promised to ask for bulk 20 video editing for quite good money.

I wanna ask anyone’s opinion on, how would you react on buyer asking to provide for work sample on particular niche he/she works on? So you will deliver a brand new work for sample and not providing your past works as a sample? Since I have been doing it a couple of times in the past, but not resulted in the order.

Thanks all

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never give new samples unless they are paid for. You can provide old samples if they are not made for another buyer.

Your potential buyer might promise you a large amount of work, but that may just be an empty promise.

I would never give new samples unless they are paid for. You can provide old samples if they are not made for another buyer.

Your potential buyer might promise you a large amount of work, but that may just be an empty promise.

Absolutely right I have face this issue and now I never give any sample to anyone without payment.

thanks for your response @vibronx

As a designer I always get this question. I direct them to my current Fiverr portfolio and reviews. If they are interested they will purchase my gig. If they still want to see something else, I do not provide with any cause most of them trying to steal the design idea and it is sad to see that some of them are sellers on Fvierr. But this is me cause I have been here for sometime now. But if you are a newcomer you will have to choose what is best for you. I know it is a tough decision but I rather not share my designs with anyone else.

As a lead generation expert, I always give sample of the leads that he/she is looking for. It is good to know seller capabilities and understanding of request. How much similar is the output to buyer request. It will help buyer to not to cancel work. Otherwise complete effort will collapsed in a seconds of time.

For your consideration.

[so%20You%20Want%20to%20See%20Samples] Let me guess. You have arrived here because you are looking to hire a writer on Fiverr, but some of the people you have been messaging won’t let you see examples of their work. Why is that? Are they ignorant? Untalented? Best to be avoided? As a freelance writer, I get a lot of people asking to see samples of my work. Whether it is on Fiverr or elsewhere, everyone wants to try before they buy. As it stands, though, I politely refuse every request. When pe…

Yes, I’m agree with you. ❤️

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone healthy, safe and happy 😀

Today I got buyer asking me to provide a work sample on video editing based on particular niche he/she works on.

Work sample asked because I reply on his/her buyer request, FYI, it’s quite a low money on one video editing gigs (way below my price packages), but the buyer promised to ask for bulk 20 video editing for quite good money.

I wanna ask anyone’s opinion on, how would you react on buyer asking to provide for work sample on particular niche he/she works on? So you will deliver a brand new work for sample and not providing your past works as a sample? Since I have been doing it a couple of times in the past, but not resulted in the order.

Thanks all

HI @muztre

buyer promised to ask for bulk 20 video editing for quite good money.

It won’t happen.

Buyer give you promise like that to get much cheaper rate. This is a potential bad buyer.

If buyer ask a sample, just give him/she previous of your works.

If she ask for a free sample with her project…, politely reject to give free stuff.

This kind of buyer doesn’t worth your time.

As a designer I always get this question. I direct them to my current Fiverr portfolio and reviews. If they are interested they will purchase my gig. If they still want to see something else, I do not provide with any cause most of them trying to steal the design idea and it is sad to see that some of them are sellers on Fvierr. But this is me cause I have been here for sometime now. But if you are a newcomer you will have to choose what is best for you. I know it is a tough decision but I rather not share my designs with anyone else.

thanks for your generous input

HI @muztre

buyer promised to ask for bulk 20 video editing for quite good money.

It won’t happen.

Buyer give you promise like that to get much cheaper rate. This is a potential bad buyer.

If buyer ask a sample, just give him/she previous of your works.

If she ask for a free sample with her project…, politely reject to give free stuff.

thanks bro, I thought so

giving sample depends upon work. incase of video editing they can see from gig, writing no need of sample, thumbnails they dont need a sample.

incase of voice over , i feel we can give a just a portion to buyer, as he can decide whether is it fine for his project.

this is my taken on.

For your consideration.

[so%20You%20Want%20to%20See%20Samples] Let me guess. You have arrived here because you are looking to hire a writer on Fiverr, but some of the people you have been messaging won’t let you see examples of their work. Why is that? Are they ignorant? Untalented? Best to be avoided? As a freelance writer, I get a lot of people asking to see samples of my work. Whether it is on Fiverr or elsewhere, everyone wants to try before they buy. As it stands, though, I politely refuse every request. When pe…

thanks for the link, really great input for me

giving sample depends upon work. incase of video editing they can see from gig, writing no need of sample, thumbnails they dont need a sample.

incase of voice over , i feel we can give a just a portion to buyer, as he can decide whether is it fine for his project.

this is my taken on.

thanks for sharing 👍

• 1 month later...

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I am new to Fiverr and have yet to receive a gig. I was approached this morning asking for me to provide a sample of one or two rows of data.

I quoted a price of $5 for the sample as it would take at least 30 minutes to compile the information but he insisted that I should do the work for free.

I asked him to provide me with his LinkedIn profile for proof that he was serious about the project offer. He vanished.

Did I ask too much money for the task?

te7037

I receive custom samples requests every week, even if it’s stated at my profile that I don’t do that free of charge. Most of the times people try to convince me promissing that they will order after and once I say no they start harrassing me. Custom made samples are not samples, are work. And work deserves to be paid.

I receive custom samples requests every week, even if it’s stated at my profile that I don’t do that free of charge. Most of the times people try to convince me promissing that they will order after and once I say no they start harrassing me. Custom made samples are not samples, are work. And work deserves to be paid.

That’s exactly how I felt as I would end up spending 30 minutes of my time. I asked for $5 for my effort but he vanished as soon as I asked for his LinkedIn profile.

Has anyone asked their customers for their LinkedIn profile for proof of his true intent?

That’s exactly how I felt as I would end up spending 30 minutes of my time. I asked for $5 for my effort but he vanished as soon as I asked for his LinkedIn profile.

Has anyone asked their customers for their LinkedIn profile for proof of his true intent?

It’s against TOS to exchange any contact information with buyers/sellers or communicate outside the platform. Since LinkedIn is another platform that allow users to contact each other, I would not do that.

Most of the clients will vanish once you make a price for that. You would be surprised with the amount of custom samples requests that I receive each week. The question is very simple here: just for their first approach you can realise if their intentions are good or not. If a potential buyer is asking you a custom sample without even discuss a project with you, giving details or asking a quotation or about your skills and availability, that’s very suspicious.

You can’t ask for someone’s LinkedIn profile on Fiverr. You broke the Terms of Service.

" * To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

Please familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service here:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Archived