How you handle multiple order in one day? how you manage it? share your experience

sujontive

Little sleep and lots of coffee. Because freelancing is not always predictable, some days are packed and hard while others have little to no work… at least for me.

If the quantity of orders you’re receiving are too much, you can place a limit on your gig.

• Like 9

After you working long enough, you can know your limit.
So you can decrease maximum order queue and make delivery time longer.
Plus ask buyer to contact you before ordering at gig descriptions.
If you got a urgent project offer from client, better to politely reject the offer.
This way…, you can maintain your schedule, time and project quality.

• Like 6

Lol sometimes I have to choose between eating and showering… when the work comes in , it always come comes at the same time. At least that’s been my experience for over 15 years. Time management is the biggest challenge. Make a schedule & keep an eye on how much time you spend on a particular project.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, graphicsdepot said:

Lol sometimes I have to choose between eating and showering… when the work comes in , it always come comes at the same time. At least that’s been my experience for over 15 years. Time management is the biggest challenge. Make a schedule & keep an eye on how much time you spend on a particular project.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, ridwansugi said:

After you working long enough, you can know your limit. So you can decrease maximum order queue and make delivery time longer.

Plus ask buyer to contact you before ordering at gig descriptions.

If you got a urgent project offer from client, better to politely reject the offer. This way…, you can maintain your schedule, time and project quality.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, visualstudios said:

If you’re getting more orders than you can handle comfortably, that’s a clear sign you are too cheap. Increase prices.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, priyab468 said:

Little sleep and lots of coffee. Because freelancing is not always predictable, some days are packed and hard while others have little to no work… at least for me.

If the quantity of orders you’re receiving are too much, you can place a limit on your gig.

thank you very much for your opinion!

• Like 3

I’ve been sleeping for 3-4 hours for 1.5 weeks already, I don’t eat much, I don’t walk. Body tells me - stop, but the brain says - take all the orders! Taking more orders, I understand that this trains me to work faster and quality in order to increase my reputation. Only hard work will make me a professional and a TOP seller. 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 5:42 PM, uushka said:

I’ve been sleeping for 3-4 hours for 1.5 weeks already, I don’t eat much, I don’t walk. Body tells me - stop, but the brain says - take all the orders! Taking more orders, I understand that this trains me to work faster and quality in order to increase my reputation. Only hard work will make me a professional and a TOP seller.

Raise your prices right now!

Your work is great and you deserve to get paid more. Especially since the demand is high, your overall earnings won’t decrease in the long run. They might keep increasing. And your professional growth won’t suffer from getting some quality sleep. 

• Like 4

I can comfortably manage 3 orders a day (and rather uncomfortably manage 4). My delivery time is 4 days (no extra fast deliveries) so nothing sneaks up on me and I can usually plan and schedule things a few days in advance and squeeze a day off here and there.

The only thing that can disrupt the process is a buyer with extensive revisions. Not extensive enough for it to be a brand new job but just extensive enough to make it frustrating and take away the time I had set aside for another new project.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am a full-time freelancer.

I get Fiverr and non-Fiverr work.

What I do is I keep a list on a lined paper notebook.

I list each job AS IT IS RECEIVED.

If it has an early deadline, I make note of the deadline.

Then I work on each job in the order they are received.

The only exception being jobs with early deadlines.

Those get bumped up the queue.

• Like 6

I am a full-time freelancer.

I get Fiverr and non-Fiverr work.

What I do is I keep a list on a lined paper notebook.

If it has an early deadline, I make note of the deadline.

Then I work on each job in the order they are received.

Yup, basically the same for me as well

I think so far the biggest number of orders I’ve had from Fiverr was around 6 or so, (I know some people have more than 15 jobs in queue, for me that’s crazy and I don’t know how they handle it!!! ) I just go down the list in order.

If I have a gig that needs to be delivered in 24 hours, of course I work on that first.

Sometimes I go the old fashion way and use post-its to help me keep track of some gigs, but usually the Fiverr dashboard is enough.

• Like 5

Yup, basically the same for me as well

I think so far the biggest number of orders I’ve had from Fiverr was around 6 or so, (I know some people have more than 15 jobs in queue, for me that’s crazy and I don’t know how they handle it!!! ) I just go down the list in order.

If I have a gig that needs to be delivered in 24 hours, of course I work on that first.

Sometimes I go the old fashion way and use post-its to help me keep track of some gigs, but usually the Fiverr dashboard is enough.

It’s an easy method, isn’t it?

I should add that I do have a few “special” clients I’ll bump up the queue as well, but typically everyone gets done in order.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi @sujontive -

I usually have a schedule set for each work day so I know what I need to accomplish for the day and when I'll be working on it. I also make sure that I have a dedicated place to work that allows me to work without too much distractions. This doesn't get rid of procrastination (it still happens), 😅 but it does help to keep me on track for the day!

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't have time to procrastinate. My non-work life is very unpredictable, so I'm unable to stick to a set schedule for the most part. I organize my work carefully with calendars and lists but leave time slots flexible.

Of course, the urge to procrastinate still exists! I've heard some people use programs that block other websites (social media, YouTube, games) during work hours.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1