Fiverr Community Forum

Huge bug with the chat system

anything i type is being blocked, it’s really annoying, i had to post a pic of it, it really feels like NK here and in the chat of fiverr.

I’m really annoyed!! These things will eventually leave my account as out of office forever.

I also compose d3ath metal and i can’t even say the word d3eath, what’s wrong with it? i’m always being annoyed by this bot that blocks all my msgs!!!.

I’m sorry to see you’re having a bad experience with the chat system :frowning:

The thing is, it doesn’t matter if you’re already selling, the limitations must still exist because a lot of existing sellers have abused the system and keep abusing the system on a daily basis :frowning: I’ve seen veteran sellers who eventually abused the system when no one would have thought they would do such things, which is sad to see :frowning:

There’s one other thing: if something is being blocked, like a word for example, it’s because there’s previous history of that word being misused, and Fiverr wants to protect its image just like any other major platform out there.

As a real world personal example, I can’t count how many users (and some existing sellers) have threaten me and my family and have used the d3ath word in the process - I don’t want to see such messages ever again in my life, and I’m thankful that the system blocks that word to keep my sanity in check :slight_smile:

Now, if your niche deals with matters that trigger the blocking system, the only thing you can do is have a talk with Customer Support and see what options you have :slight_smile:

P.S. the blocking bot you’re talking about wasn’t implemented to give a hard time to sellers, it was implemented to protect sellers and buyers from some really bad (even traumatic) experiences since we live in a completely unsafe digital world where everyone can literally say anything that’s on their minds; it was implemented to protect us from being scammed, threatened and so on. I’d take this protection any and every day over an unfiltered system that can lead to some unimaginable consequences.

3 Likes