Hurrah! New Reviewing Layout

eoinfinnegan

After having so many clients not leave reviews, I noticed recently that I am getting a lot more.
Now I know why. When I was accepting an order today, this is the “review section” that popped up:

image.png.7af82a32160086346b2470fff130dcae.png

It looks a lot cleaner and easier than the previous multi-page system.
See? They do listen sometimes!

They do listen, they just prefer not keeping in us in the loop about things and whether they are being worked on.

I’d like to think my thread helped staff see what we all thought of the previous review page. 😉

PS
I still get 1 review out of 7 gigs completedon average. So maybe it’s still rolling out?

They do listen, they just prefer not keeping in us in the loop about things and whether they are being worked on.

I’d like to think my thread helped staff see what we all thought of the previous review page. 😉

PS

I still get 1 review out of 7 gigs completedon average. So maybe it’s still rolling out?

I think so! 😉

For anyone interested, this is the thread Frank is referencing.

OK so initially we had the thumbs up and thumbs down system. Simple. Then came the star rating system. Added a bit complexity, giving room for more honest but also more arbitrary reviews. Still pretty simple. It was right there under the delivery box. Then, came the private feedback system. After the buyer accepted the order submitted their review, they were asked for an optional private feedback. Oh boy did that open a can of worms. But I digress. Still pretty straightforward. Everythin…

PS

I really hope it was yours which was posted in January and it only took 8 weeks to make the change -

not mine from the previous March (2017) meaning it took a year to change! 😃

Reviews are very important to how the site works. They have a huge influence, possibly the greatest single factor, on where a buyer spends their money and how successful a seller is here. With that in mind, it is imperative that all changes to the system, how it works and the affects these have are reported on so people can keep up to date on it and know what is going on. Unfortunately, this does not happen and often the forum is the only place where we really get info on these things. Frankly…

I really hope it was yours which was posted in January and it only took 8 weeks to make the change -

not mine from the previous March (2017) meaning it took a year to change! 😃

Reviews are very important to how the site works. They have a huge influence, possibly the greatest single factor, on where a buyer spends their money and how successful a seller is here. With that in mind, it is imperative that all changes to the system, how it works and the affects these have are reported on so people can keep up to date on it and know what is going on. Unfortunately, this does not happen and often the forum is the only place where we really get info on these things. Frankly…

Oh wow, it completely slipped my mind.

Let’s hope it only took them 8 weeks to respond because if they took a year… yikes!

Now if they would cut the time to review down to two weeks…

I say one week. 🙂

Sometimes, I just don’t want to or feel like reviewing due to privacy reasons on certain gigs but still want to tip the seller for doing a fantastic job - can’t seem to do it with the setup. I’ll just have to order another gig to say “thank you” or advance tip them.

I am at the mercy of the buyer for an entire 30 days as long as they have that power to review over my head. I have some very distraught demanding buyers who use that to force me into long winded chat sessions that whole time. While I am always happy to answer questions, some buyers take advantage of me and I have no choice but to answer and respond to endless messages on a daily basis.

If the time was only a week that they could leave a review I wouldn’t be constantly feeling blackmailed for 30 days and at the mercy of some thoughtless buyers.

Some other buyers deliberately use that to force me to chat with them for that entire time. Yes, there are some who relish that control they have and use it to the max.

Now if they would cut the time to review down to two weeks…

I understand Fiverr is giving the buyers AMPLE time to leave a review. However, I do agree that 30 days is a bit much. I don’t doubt that ‘some’ buyers and I use “some” loosely use that fact as leverage. Also, it seems like in your category you get a lot of needy buyers that need coddling every step of the way.

I understand Fiverr is giving the buyers AMPLE time to leave a review. However, I do agree that 30 days is a bit much. I don’t doubt that ‘some’ buyers and I use “some” loosely use that fact as leverage. Also, it seems like in your category you get a lot of needy buyers that need coddling every step of the way.

I get not only needy buyers but narcisist buyers, control freak buyers, borderline personality buyers, delusional buyers, etc. and they often relish that hold they have over me for 30 days. There are also the possessed ones. They are the worst.

I get not only needy buyers but narcisist buyers, control freak buyers, borderline personality buyers, delusional buyers, etc. and they often relish that hold they have over me for 30 days. There are also the possessed ones. They are the worst.

Yikes! That’s scary stuff! 😬

I really applaud you for having the patience & strength to deal with it. I bet it’s very draining tho dealing with those personalities on a daily basis.

I am at the mercy of the buyer for an entire 30 days as long as they have that power to review over my head. I have some very distraught demanding buyers who use that to force me into long winded chat sessions that whole time. While I am always happy to answer questions, some buyers take advantage of me and I have no choice but to answer and respond to endless messages on a daily basis.

If the time was only a week that they could leave a review I wouldn’t be constantly feeling blackmailed for 30 days and at the mercy of some thoughtless buyers.

Some other buyers deliberately use that to force me to chat with them for that entire time. Yes, there are some who relish that control they have and use it to the max.

I am at the mercy of the buyer for an entire 30 days as long as they have that power to review over my head.

In the past I had several cases of buyers who came after over 20 days and left a completely irrelevant or bad review that had nothing to do with my gig - most of them were confusions and gig mix-ups :roll_eyes: 30 days is a long time, and enough time for them to forget what they ordered/received or whom they ordered from and what.

I just reviewed an order and for me it was still the old outline :roll_eyes:. Not sure if it’s still in Beta or if they are rolling it out slowly.

Not sure if it’s still in Beta or if they are rolling it out slowly.

Must be the latter. I have a few orders to review and I’m seeing the new change. It’s weird how some people get these updates before the rest. Btw~The MBG badge disappeared as well.

Not sure if it’s still in Beta or if they are rolling it out slowly.

Must be the latter. I have a few orders to review and I’m seeing the new change. It’s weird how some people get these updates before the rest. Btw~The MBG badge disappeared as well.

I didn’t see the new review form, just reviewed an order this afternoon. I’ll try again on my next order!

So I reckon my Reviewing ratio is up at around 80% in the past while, where it had gone down to about 40%. Even regular buyers who never review have started too. Note - I never ask for reviews.

It’s so good - the higher the percentage that review, the less power a single buyer with a 1-star review can have. Seems like that’s one of the evaluation metric issues some way towards being improved; now on to the next one please Fiverr!

Archived