I am Batman

knightwolf

Too many unscrupulous sellers, and the City (Fiverr, Inc) doesn’t care. Well, I do. I’m putting on my cape/cowl, and I will lampoon you. Then Ill drag your beaten broken name into the forum for the commissioner to arrest you.

So watch out. Im coming.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I’ll be sure to avoid your gigs Kay.

I see one post about “Why am I not getting sales?” And another post about "Should I do this gig for free?"

I have not named or shamed anyone yet. In fact, this post was in reference to a producer who wanted to refund me so badly, just to have my negative posting removed. I review fairly and consistantly when I order. Of three recent orders, two were complete duds and I believe fraudulent to the point of scams. What amazes me is both of those who I consider scam artists were begging me to accept the refund in order to get the negative post removed.

So, if your tired of your sales being low; ask yourself why they are low. If your passive aggressive towards your customers (I am not a producer at all on Fiverr); can you really blame them from staying away from you?

Kay; I am a paying customer. It is my right to complain if I feel the need. I’ve worked in retail and service work; if you’ve sunk to my level (which your little comic strip exceeded my level as I was having some fun hyperbole and had not named anyone)…you’ve lost. Congradulations on never getting my business nor the business of anyone who reads this post.

Like I said, if you are a good seller, you have nothing to worry about. If you are getting defensive over this, or my sense of entitlement (because I’m buying something) welcome to the real world. There is a reason for the saying “The Customer is Always Right”. My bad attitude doesn’t hurt any business of mine. Yours could well hurt your own.

>>>>All posts: containing abusive language, with derogatory name calling or that negatively calls out another user will be removed. Any violation of this will result in the removal of the comment or discussion and may result in the removal of the responsible member from the forum.

Technically, if what I say is the truth, and an honest review of a service I got from a seller…how can that be derogatory or negative? I am simply reporting on the level of service I got for my gig. Those who write laws with words, have to abide by the literal interpretation of those words.

Now, if I were to verbally abuse you with a comic strip, like someone did to me…that might be derogatory or negative towards me.

Bigbad,

Probably the best argument on the forum countering me. And you are right, I have better things to do. I was airing out a few frustrations as it were, over a lousy set of gigs.

However, it served a great secondary purpose, and identified a few users who feel the need to defend the nebulous defined ‘bad seller’. Literally, if I’ve given you no definition for what I mean by bad seller, nor named anyone…isn’t the safe thing to do just agree? Surely, you are not a bad seller right?

Just be copasetic people.

So you can swing from the building and I can’t even post a pic showing that ?

I’m not even a mod here. I didn’t even warn you or anything.

I’m not even speaking on the topic. You just seemed a funny guy so I was just mixing in.

You can derive your prophecies based on my comments. But I highly doubt that they will be true.

Ironically, the text in the comic seems pretty relevant right now.

It would shock me if Fiverr actually got rid of a consumer over writing an actual review of bad service. In fact, any company that would ban me for trying to tell truth, well, I wouldn’t want to give my business to them anyhow.

Kay; I’m copacetic. I can’t predict for anyone else but me. But again, customer service. Its not really a smart thing to get into forum fights with customers, and in the next breadth wonder about the lack of sales. Not saying you do, just stating what I’ve seen from other users in the forum, and how there might be some correlation and causality between those two things.

Reply to @knightwolf: Kay is a Top Rated Seller with a great sales record and offers all kinds of advice on the forums as well as a great sense of humor which is often badly needed around here. Your discernment of attitude seems to need some fine-tuning.

When you review a seller and give an honest opinion, that is your right even if you are biased. That doesn’t make it fair, but it isn’t violating a rule unless you are abusive to a seller. When you post a comment about a seller in the forums, you are outside of your rights. Your negative review is ONE opinion.

Now, I am the first to say that there are sellers on Fiverr that are a problem. Some have terrible reviews and some have great ones. Some just skate by and some use unethical methods to obtain reviews. I wish that there were better practices in place to prevent this sort of thing. I can’t say that making myself the sole judge and jury over sellers is the answer, though. I’m not in a position to be that and you aren’t either.

If you think you know it all, sell 50 gigs on here, get your level 2 badge and then come back and tell us what you think about buyers based on your experiences.

Do I have to go work at McDonalds for two years to tell one location that their service is substandard?

Guess What? I have a job. I get complaints all the time, I get compliments all the time. In my field, I’ve learned how to be copacetic and let it roll off of my back like water off a rock. If you can’t handle a single complaint thread, or you are jumping all over a customer because he aired an opinion…then you need to step back and evaluate your position.

Also, of the two scams that were perpetrated on me, both of them had a full 5 stars. I saw reviews, but didn’t see a single negative criticism (Except one, ill explain below). Now I realize why this was…they will literally beg you to take a refund, so that they can get the truth off of their board.

And the way that they’ve done this stuff before, you can just tell. Get 100 guys to give you $5; scam them, and only 20% catch it. Give all 20% a refund, that $400 you’ve made scamming. Its a numbers game.

The one single negative review was all caps. “This person is a scammer, do not buy from them. They post fake/doctored images of photo proofs”. It should have been a warning to me, but again, I saw 99% other 5 star comments. Little did I know, they were the only one who actually knew what they were talking about.

A simple forum search would have helped this situation. Except…that the guy who new what he would have talked about would have been in violation of TOS. Not to mention the ‘Lets support the scammer’ crowd would have jumped all over him. Like they are me.

So, when people complain about sales going down, doesn’t surprise me.

Also, top rated is subjective. Both of the scammers I caught had full five-star ratings. So, fiverrs star system means jack squat to me, and anyone who uses that as a defense just loses respect.

Even if I wanted to post a full review on their pages…I’m limeted to less than a twitter post. Ridiculous. Now, I really am wondering why I am at this site.

Social Media exposure. I’m generally knowledgable in traffic, and know the cpm for direct acquisition, but like…twitter exposure…$5 for a shoutout here and there didn’t seem too bad. But the users wouldn’t provide me a handle, and one of them sent views using a google shortener as analytic proof he ‘sent’ the views. My software detected not but like two unique views from 5000 hits or so…

I had another seller sell traffic same format. His came up with like 70% unique views and about half as many hits. I had no problem giving him a fair criticism, and only faulted him on his comms because I wanted his twitter handle. He says he was sick though, so Im thinking about bumping up his comms score.

I work with a skilled editor on here. And this person knows their stuff, so yeah, you can find good sellers.

Archived